4th gen coil overs

lee33lyn

The problem was I didn't realize the sleeve slides over the snap ring. I thought it sat on top. I just used the Koni snap ring because it is made it to with those shocks, and the sleeve slides over it.

So now that I have that figured out, what do you guys use to keep everything together when the suspension is unloaded? Limit straps for the rear? What about the front?

Thanks for your help

Steve

For the front, you add a helper spring under the spring. This "helper spring" is a very low rate spring (1-2 lbs total?) that helps keep things in place at droop. This has only been needed whileon jackstands.

I don't do anything for the rear. The springs will seat no problem once you get going.

For the front, you add a helper spring under the spring. This "helper spring" is a very low rate spring (1-2 lbs total?) that helps keep things in place at droop. This has only been needed whileon jackstands.

I don't do anything for the rear. The springs will seat no problem once you get going.

Wish I had known that last week when I ordered everything. What is the clip that comes with the kits used for?

Maybe my shocks are way too long, but in the rear, If I jack up the car, the springs and seats will fall out. I'd be afraid of unload the suspension on the track and loosing the springs. That would be bad.

What does everyone else use?

What clip? The hair pin? To keep the upper spring hat on the shock shaft.

The OEM lenght shock for the rear is 7". Most race shocks for the 4th gen for are 5". I've used 7" before and the springs will come out at full droop if you reach up and pull them out. I've never had one fall out. While racing it is a non issue. Plenty of 4th gens racing w/ 11" rear pigtails and I've never seen a spring fall out. Your not signing up for CORE Offraod.