2013 AI/CMC Texas Year In Review

FBody383

2013 AI CMC Texas Year in Review

APPETITE WHETTER

Palate Cleanser

Couple of known things... the errata conitnues....

2013 CMC ROTY is Sean Richardson

Thanks to Derek Wright for in car video but I misplaced his car number - I'll have to fix that in the credits.

2013 AI National Champion - Alec Udell (my oversight and will update vid soon)

Also, a special thanks to Digital Juice for providing the Film Clutter effects from their Drag & Drop series - thanks guys!

Also for you non-Texans consider this an invitation to join us at Hallett, June 21-22, 2014 for an incredible weekend of racing, comraderie, and well, probably some shenanigans.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
Eagerly Anticipating.

Almost there...

Worldwide release expeted approximately 2:00PM CPT Sunday, December 15, 2013...

Stay tuned.

It's 2:25 I nothing yet.

It's 2:25 I nothing yet.
Patience is a virtue... and the only way to get around that darned 55!

Tommy "too fast" Schlender?

LOL... but yes, he would be the "other" one.

In case anyone gets confused...like I did for 20 minutes...you can click on the link at the very first thread "2013 AI CMC Texas Year In Review". Or, click here

Just a heads up to you non-Texas Region folks.

There are alot of inside jokes in the vid.

One I'll cover.

The Golden Helmet Award. This award is seen being worn by the 2013 vid creator himself in this vid after being the winner of the award in 2012. This award is for the most spectacular "off". Bryan Lienart got it this year for almost putting a drive thru in the cafe at Hallett.

Having the pin in at the Handle is a good idea. It doesn't take any effort to pull it out and it's a disaster when it goes off accidentally not to mention a huge mess and pain to clean up haha.

• Members

So is that helmet awarded for the asshole/bonehead move of the year or something? I also saw a relocated shifter in a Ford that looked pretty cool, name on the windshield was Rock.

So is that helmet awarded for the asshole/bonehead move of the year or something? I also saw a relocated shifter in a Ford that looked pretty cool, name on the windshield was Rock.

Easy on the name calling. You have no idea if a mechanical issue was the cause of the contact.

Rock runs an AI car.

• Members

Easy on the name calling. You have no idea if a mechanical issue was the cause of the contact.

Rock runs an AI car.

I'm not calling names here, I don't even know how he has it now.

-1 for reading for me, I only blew through the first half of that post. +1 for guessing correctly.

He was not the award winner for 2013. So the incident shown had nothing to do w/ the Golden Helmet award.

The award is given to the person w/ the most spectacular off track adventure. There does not need to be contact involved w/ the "moment".

Not sure why I try. Call him what you like, you will anyways w/out even knowing him.

• Members

You're taking what I said much, much more harshly than how I typed it.

For example, in my first race I didn't install ballast. i thought rookies didn't race for points and that I'd come in dead last. I also didn't yet have a transponder, so imagine how much shit I caught when I drove up on the scales post-race and forfeited $150 Toyo Bucks. I'll catch it all next year too, and I'll just laugh it up.

The fact that this has been so badly misconstrued is still bothering me. If I have a spectacular off next year, mechanical or not, I'm going to catch shit for it. Asshole doesn't apply here, but bonehead sure might. Hell, you guys give a golden helmet, so it's basically the same thing. The most important thing is that it's all in jest. Perhaps I should utilize more emoticons in the future.

Now, back to happy thoughts and the TX video.