2013 AI/CMC Texas Year In Review

FBody383

You're taking what I said much, much more harshly than how I typed it.

For example, in my first race I didn't install ballast. i thought rookies didn't race for points and that I'd come in dead last. I also didn't yet have a transponder, so imagine how much shit I caught when I drove up on the scales post-race and forfeited $150 Toyo Bucks. I'll catch it all next year too, and I'll just laugh it up.

The fact that this has been so badly misconstrued is still bothering me. If I have a spectacular off next year, mechanical or not, I'm going to catch shit for it. Asshole doesn't apply here, but bonehead sure might. Hell, you guys give a golden helmet, so it's basically the same thing. The most important thing is that it's all in jest. Perhaps I should utilize more emoticons in the future.

Now, back to happy thoughts and the TX video.

Just come to Hallett next year. Once we put a face with a name / online profile then the shit-talking can really begin!!

• Members

Like I said, if there's only 1 long distance it'll be Hallett. I'm curious how I'll react to an unfamiliar track. That'll be my first time competing (or more likely getting my ass kicked) at an unfamiliar venue. Thus far, HPDE is how I've learned the tracks. So for now, I watch CMC/AI vids on Youtube/Vimeo in an attempt to get familiar with the track and shorten the learning curve. As long as I'm not last, I'll have someone to rip on. I suspect my only hope there is another RM rookie who's never been to Hallett.

Get with B. Curtis on his tips for Hallett, he was smokin fast right out of the gate last year!! It is lots of hard braking, late turn ins, and use ALL of the curbing. Look forward to meeting you next year, we always have 25-30 AI/CMC cars at the event!!

• Members

Ya know I only just met him at our awards banquet, he's pretty cool and definitely downplayed his abilities. If you ask him, he just gets in and drives and he's newish to CMC too. If he keeps up like this, he's going to be unstoppable (he did take the season win here in RM). I look forward to meeting you too, I was a social butterfly when Central came to RM in July so really I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing different approaches to building cars. Late braking and late turn-ins mean 1 thing to me: lots of drifting, I MUST control that urge but my car seems to reward bad behavior so we'll just have to see.

You're taking what I said much, much more harshly than how I typed it.

For example, in my first race I didn't install ballast. i thought rookies didn't race for points and that I'd come in dead last. I also didn't yet have a transponder, so imagine how much shit I caught when I drove up on the scales post-race and forfeited $150 Toyo Bucks. I'll catch it all next year too, and I'll just laugh it up.

The fact that this has been so badly misconstrued is still bothering me. If I have a spectacular off next year, mechanical or not, I'm going to catch shit for it. Asshole doesn't apply here, but bonehead sure might. Hell, you guys give a golden helmet, so it's basically the same thing. The most important thing is that it's all in jest. Perhaps I should utilize more emoticons in the future.

Now, back to happy thoughts and the TX video.

Just come to Hallett next year. Once we put a face with a name / online profile then the shit-talking can really begin!!

I take some time away from this forum and nobody let's me know someone is trash talking me? I need some new meat as the 55 is getting old and slow.

Come to Hallett and you will know why I was ready for an afternoon snack at the cafe. There is no video as it was on Friday practice day so no contact. Sure scared some people in the cafe through. All in good fun.

Did you at least throw it in reverse and order a sandwich once it was reigned in?
As I remember there was something about tire pressues working against that..

• Members
Did you at least throw it in reverse and order a sandwich once it was reigned in?

How many tires do you guys generally cut in a season? Is it normal to cut a few or is it generally one or none if you're lucky.

How many tires do you guys generally cut in a season? Is it normal to cut a few or is it generally one or none if you're lucky.

No need for reverse when you are already turned around. Once I saw the drive thru wasn't open I pulled off at track entry since I was still thirsty. Bead was popped not cut.

Hardly ever see cut tires. Guy rubbed a wheel and took out the valve stem but tire was fine.