The TT On-line Calculator Lives Again!!!

Greg G.

I was not thinking of taking the 52 hp Rabbit to the Time Trials. I have fun with it in Autocrosses, in Class H where it usually places in mid-field.

However, a turbo-diesel Jetta/Beetle/Golf/Rabbit in Time Trial seems reasonable to me; after the fashion of the car that Neuhoff drove to win at Thruxton "http://motoring.iafrica.com/motorsport/162439.htm".

Will

• National Staff
I don't see a Honda Civic Del Sol VTEC with the 1.6L DOHC VTEC motor in the list. I chose the CRX VTi DOHC VTEC, would they be the same?

Yes, they would both be in the same base class, TTE.

• 2 weeks later...

Greg,

The total points didn't include the penalty points for replacement seats. Although they show up with a check mark, they are not added into the total for my car (04 Z06).

• National Staff
Greg,

The total points didn't include the penalty points for replacement seats. Although they show up with a check mark, they are not added into the total for my car (04 Z06).

If you have a cage or rollbar, you don't get points for replacement seats because they are considered safety items.

Greg,

If you have a cage or rollbar, you don't get points for replacement seats because they are considered safety items.

I don't have a rollbar or cage, just Corbeau replacement seats.

• National Staff

Thanks,

I thought you meant they were showing up in your summary, but you weren't getting points for them.

Looks like they aren't being registered at all. I'll pass this along to Jim.

• 1 month later...

Seems to be going in circles.

When you go to select car, it bumps you back to the main TT page.

I wanted to get some class designations made, went to make sure I had the correct classing and it looks like its not working.

Thanks

jimmy

I've put the TT Classifier back on-line on the new website. It has all of the Provisional Classifications to date, and is updated for all current rules. Let me know if you find any problems with it.

http://nasa-tt.com/TT_Classer

• National Staff

Jimmy,

I just tried it myself, and it worked fine. Make sure that you have your privacy and security settings on the computer/firewall set low enough for our site (try enabling pop-ups, make sure that Java can be used, cookies, etc). I suppose that could be messing you up somehow. If that doesn't work, then send an e-mail to webmaster @ nasaproracing.com describing the problem, your computer model, your operating system, and the browser you are using.

I did notice that the "Start over" link needs to be updated from the test site to the actual site, but that shouldn't be affecting you.

Thanks Greg, I'll also try a different browser.

Also,,, for TT competition.

NASA decals,,, do we use the ones that say NASA PRO RACING, or are there others that will be for the TTs,

The NASA Pro Racing ones are the only ones I have ever seen.

Are there new logo ones available yet?

Thanks

jimmy p.

• National Staff

Also,,, for TT competition.

NASA decals,,, do we use the ones that say NASA PRO RACING, or are there others that will be for the TTs,

The NASA Pro Racing ones are the only ones I have ever seen.

Are there new logo ones available yet?

Thanks

jimmy p.

NASA decals are not required for TT (only for racing), although NASA does appreciate all of us that do put them on the cars. It is possible that we may make them required at the National Championships, though. The decals with the new logos are not available yet, but should be soon.

Hey Greg,

I am going to have to dig deeper. I just tried it again with Explorer (I use a Mac and generally use Safari), and it did the same thing.

When I selected BMW, then clicked the button it shot me right back to the Time Trial home page instead of offering me a list of BMWs to pick from (as I assume it should do).

Ever have anyone not be able to get to the car selection screen?

I have my browser set basically wide open. No pop up blockers, accept all cookies, etc.

As for the stickers, I guess I'll use the current NASA ones until the new ones come out.

Even though we do not need to run them, I have alot of classes on my car from about 5 different Time Trial clubs, so it makes it alot easier if the class is inline with that specific Sanct Bodies decal.

Any suggestions on the classer,,, I'm open.

Cheers

jimmy p.

• National Staff

It's probably the Mac--see what you guys get for buying a better computer I haven't heard of this problem with the program before, and I know that the program has worked with Macs before. Jim will have to try to figure it out (webmaster for NASA).

Working now.

Got an email from Jim, said it was fixed and it is.

Working like a champ.

Thats the best version of that calc yet.

Nice work, now hoping work allows that I get a few NASA Northeast TTs in.

Cheers

jimmy

• 4 months later...

Hi Greg,

I noticed the TT calculator does not charge the 1 pt for the passenger door panel removal if you have Nascar bars. I see in the rules for PT that this is correct but I couldn't find anything for TT. Is this new??

Thanks in advance, Matt Carlyle

• National Staff
Hi Greg,

I noticed the TT calculator does not charge the 1 pt for the passenger door panel removal if you have Nascar bars. I see in the rules for PT that this is correct but I couldn't find anything for TT. Is this new??

Thanks in advance, Matt Carlyle

That's correct, Matt. I wasn't sure when the Classer was going to be updated for that rule (it is a logic change by the programmer that I can't do myself), so I haven't put out the revision yet. But, it looks like we can now.

If you have NASCAR bars for a cage on the passenger side, no points for gutting the door.