2022 TT Rules Release Today

Greg G.

• National Staff

Hi TT Competitors,

The 2022 TT Rules should be getting posted by about 9:00 a.m.  Mountain Time today.   Please see my post on the ST Forum regarding classing rule changes.  https://community.drivenasa.com/topic/61474-2022-st-rules-release-today/

In regard to changes to TT only, we have a few.   We continue to expand on our TTEV (electric vehicle) class and rules.  We expect this class to increase in size, and we hope to eventually have enough participants and data that we can get these cars directly competing against gas/diesel cars.  We have deleted the option to compete in multiple classes in the same day, whether as an individual or a team.  Sorry, just one shot per day, whether with the team or by yourself.  This one was for the benefit of the large majority of competitors.  Other than those, we just made a few clarifications of prior rules. 

So simple!  Now go check the ST Forums  ?

See you at the track!

Hi Greg - Is this accurate or is the 1.0 and 1.6 modifier backwards?  For the most part, it would seem that it would be backwards performance wise - with a few exceptions (Falken, Maxxis RC-1 and VR-1 both being in 1.6), but perhaps this is by design to see how all these tires will do with more HP and adding incentive for those wanting to run something other than Hoosier?  Can you please confirm?

BFGoodrich g-Force Rival, Continental Extreme Contact Sport,  Cooper RS3-R, Falken Azenis RT615K+, Maxxis Victra RC-1, Maxxis Victra VR-1, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, Nankang AR-1, Nitto NT01, Toyo Proxes R1R/R888/R888R/RA-1/RR, Valino VR08GP  = 1.6

Bridgestone Potenza Re-71r, BFGoodrich g-Force Rival S 1.5, Continental Extreme Contact Force, Dunlop Direzza ZIII, Falken Azenis RT660, Federal 595 RS-RR, Goodyear Eagle FI SuperCar 3, Hankook Ventus RS4, Kumho ECSTA V730, Michelin Sport Cup 2 Connect, Nankang CR-1, Nexen Nfera SUR4G, Yokohama Advan A052 = 1.0

• National Staff
9 minutes ago, NorcalTT said:

Hi Greg - Is this accurate or is the 1.0 and 1.6 modifier backwards?  For the most part, it would seem that it would be backwards performance wise - with a few exceptions (Falken, Maxxis RC-1 and VR-1 both being in 1.6), but perhaps this is by design to see how all these tires will do with more HP and adding incentive for those wanting to run something other than Hoosier?  Can you please confirm?

BFGoodrich g-Force Rival, Continental Extreme Contact Sport,  Cooper RS3-R, Falken Azenis RT615K+, Maxxis Victra RC-1, Maxxis Victra VR-1, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, Nankang AR-1, Nitto NT01, Toyo Proxes R1R/R888/R888R/RA-1/RR, Valino VR08GP  = 1.6

Bridgestone Potenza Re-71r, BFGoodrich g-Force Rival S 1.5, Continental Extreme Contact Force, Dunlop Direzza ZIII, Falken Azenis RT660, Federal 595 RS-RR, Goodyear Eagle FI SuperCar 3, Hankook Ventus RS4, Kumho ECSTA V730, Michelin Sport Cup 2 Connect, Nankang CR-1, Nexen Nfera SUR4G, Yokohama Advan A052 = 1.0

They are correct.  

Do we have an official ruling on Goodyear Supercar 3R's and Hoosier R7's?  No penalty or benefit?  I think both of these tires run very similar lap times so maybe a .5 bump for these 2 tires would be a good fit.  Curious as I don't see the 3R's listed anywhere.

• Like 1

• National Staff
29 minutes ago, 94tegls@MSC said:

Do we have an official ruling on Goodyear Supercar 3R's and Hoosier R7's?  No penalty or benefit?  I think both of these tires run very similar lap times so maybe a .5 bump for these 2 tires would be a good fit.  Curious as I don't see the 3R's listed anywhere.

There are no Mod Factors for either of those tires.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Greg, Hoping you can help me.  I am considering new wing options for my TT3 and future ST3 rig.   I am either doing it wrong to or something is missing.  Section 6 looks like an Index but no details on each index item can be found.  Really want to know what my limitations on my wing are.

It references pages that are missing?

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/23459/TT_Rules_2022--v19.1--12-2-21.pdf 

giphy.gif

• Greg G. unpinned this topic