Who is in for the 3/4, 3/5 Event at Cresson?

ledfoot2

I agree. I think we ought to run in GPC or VVC. My car is set up to run in a class with other competitivly classed cars, not a catch-all class. Hopefully, it will get sorted out before nationals. Will we get VVC points for GPC races? I think you can run any class that you are legal in once you get to nationals. So if we amass enough points in GPC, we can always run in VVC.

GPC will exist more or less as written now in PT. Not SU and no wacked out GT1 cars. GPC will slide in between with it's own rules and similar points to help determine overall GPC level 1 or 2. NOT to souly rely on HP to WT. GPC-X will probably become SU.

I just double checked. I had 38 points. 39 points would have pushed me into the SU class. I hope that we can work our class into this somewhere. I dont' want to run in the SU class.

GPC will exist more or less as written now in PT. Not SU and no wacked out GT1 cars. GPC will slide in between with it's own rules and similar points to help determine overall GPC level 1 or 2. NOT to souly rely on HP to WT. GPC-X will probably become SU.

If thats the case I would rather race in VVC.

• National Staff
I just double checked. I had 38 points. 39 points would have pushed me into the SU class. I hope that we can work our class into this somewhere. I dont' want to run in the SU class.

If you did your classification correctly, then you actually fall into the PTA class, and can run in PTA at the National Championships in '06. Or, you could pick any class above PTA to run in (GPC1, GPC2, SU if this gets restructured in '06, or VVC or SU if it doesn't.)

Greg, I know you and I need to talk soon. I want to get this resolved quickly to keep this current for 06' and be at the National event.

I don't plan to run SU or VVC. As Frank said before "This Class is Dead"

We had 2 Porsche Cup Cars, 3 Corvettes and 1 Ferrari this weekend. So again GPC has a strong turn out for a fledgling class at its second event with more promise of cars coming. Lots of positive feed back. 3 of the drivers and cars were new to the series and came out especially for it! Still no Vipers down here?

Greg and I will work this out and backout rules that will work for our cars. The PT rules won't work for us as they stand, but I want to adopt something similar that still makes sense with what we have been working for.

Having a rear wheel dyno system as the main control factor is not the best way to go. NASA has figured out that there can be too many loop holes and pitfalls with other well populated classes.

Hey guys, it was a great weekend. We need to get this nailed down soon. It looks like I will be rebuilding my motor thanks to a $*&%)ing oil pump failure. If the GPC rules are going to stay in place, then I will rebuild my car for that. I only saw PT as a catagory on the national site, no VVC or GPC. If I am building it for PT only, I need to know. Please get this finalized ASAP. Also, will our GPC points carry over to one of the other classes?

GPC will exist in the Texas Region regardless of what happens Nationally.

The struggle is in the Nationalization of the Class. NASA National Office wants this class. We are just fine tuning the final rendition.

Kevin,

Will events run in VVC (until GPC becomes National) qualify someone for the Mid Ohio "National Championship?"

• National Staff
Kevin,

Will events run in VVC (until GPC becomes National) qualify someone for the Mid Ohio "National Championship?"

Yes, VVC is still a Nationally approved series, and any races where points are obtained in VVC will count toward the 5 race requirement. As well, any races done under the current Texas Regional GPC rules will qualify. If you race with NASA, it will count toward your five necessary races. The issues that need to be resolved are regarding what rules we will be using on a National basis for all of the cars that do not qualify for PTA. Super Unlimited needs to once again be only for "Super and Unlimited" cars. We will work to put two GPC classes between PTA and SU, that will work for all marquees.

That's what I am talking about.

I new Greg could verbalize it.

We will work together to quickly get the rules solidified so we can all enjoy the racing experience as we have been down here in sunny Texas

Thanks guys!

I had a blast this weekend. It's nice to have a class that is more open than VVC and we have been seeing the results. More cars!! It's great. Keep up the good work.