How Many in Each Class for Buttonwillow: 4/8-4/9?

GAC

• National Staff

TTR--3

TTU--4

TTA--3

TTB--8

TTC--8

TTD--5

TTE--8

TTF--2

----------------

41 Total--Saturday Sold Out, 2 spots open for Sunday-only still.

BTW, will someone explain to this newbie about the Friday Test Day this weekend at BW? Is that available through NASA, or directly from the track?

Thanks!

Mike, since I'm a Bakersfield Yocal... errr, I mean Local I think I can answer that. Friday test days are put on by the track. You can call them for details, but it's pretty much just an open door policy with them. In the past there have been F/Atlantic teams testing on Fridays and other various hardware. So be prepared to share the track with a very diverse group of cars.

• National Staff

Mike,

They usually run a closed-wheel 30 minute session, and then an open-wheel 30 minute session, and continue to alternate throughout the day. Call the track for more info. 661.764.5333

• Members
Wow, 8 TTE cars!!!!

I wish I had a race motor now. Oh well. I'll play with an OEM motor.

8? WOW!! A new attendance record!! Cool!!

Greg & Pat!

If Pat's gonna be there it would be worth it to chase him around his local track and pick up a few things! (If I can keep up!)

Mike B

Mike, unfortunately I won't be driving that weekend. I'll probably stop by to say hello at some point though. Pete Fowler should be there for the enduro, maybe you could convince him to jump in the HPDE4 group to do a little lead-follow (If that's cool with Greg of course). He's damn fast around that track, in a radical no less.

• Members
Greg & Pat!

If Pat's gonna be there it would be worth it to chase him around his local track and pick up a few things! (If I can keep up!)

Mike B

Things fall off his car ALL the time.

We appreciate you stepping up to keep the course clean for the rest of us! (Your low enough for easy pickings on the fly!)

Pat,

I have already hooked up with Pete, and he has been incredibly helpful in getting my car past the "stock" stage of setup, which is good but leaves much room for improvement. We are paddocking together this weekend and I hope to learn a lot from him.

Monster Shawn, you're right about sweeping up! You should see the collection of "stuff" in my cockpit after a session of chasing all you "big" cars around!

• Members
Monster Shawn, you're right about sweeping up! You should see the collection of "stuff" in my cockpit after a session of chasing all you "big" cars around!

Hah! You think I put a window net on the car to keep me in? Pbth, thats to keep all the gooey tire stuff OUT! Been hit in the helmet enough times I sez! LOL!!

• Members

Been hit in the helmet enough times I sez! LOL!!

That explains some question I had about you Shawn.

Heh! He called me "Monster Shawn".....

Ill be hiding under your bed at Buttonwillow, Teddy!

Just remember to bring your R compound mud tire's If you decide you want to go off track! The mud is DEEP and sticky!

Right now I'm 50% chance I'm going to make it because the car is still have electrical problems. I should know better today.

• Members
Opps maybe I will be able to make it Sunday.

YEAH!!!!

616439216_l.gif

Hey, if there is anything I can do to help get it running for saturday, im there at the track for ya brutha! Ill be there mid afternoon friday.

Well that was interesting...

Anything happen late Sunday afternoon or did it go off without a hitch? Wouldn't want to spoil the "not hot streak" for the weekend.

• Members
Well that was interesting...

Anything happen late Sunday afternoon or did it go off without a hitch? Wouldn't want to spoil the "not hot streak" for the weekend.

Well, lets see. TTE thinned out from attrition. #7 blew up in the 2nd run group. Then I grenaded my motor in the 3rd. The 4th run group went off with only 1 spin....... No offs that I could see from the tower. A couple smoking cars but that just tells you they were really really fast!

Thanks for my hug. You sir, are a good hugger. Thought about it all the way home.

Id like to think that we got our weekend from hell out of the way so that the rest of the season is a cake walk.

• National Staff

We set two track records, had a large number of TT participants including some new recruits, and all TT drivers got home safe and sound. It didn't rain. We were able to successfully use a pre-grid based on lap times for 2 Saturday and all 4 Sunday run sessions. And almost all TT drivers had a great time overall this weekend. And, we had a few upset victories which have tightened up the points race nicely. So, there were plenty of positive things that happened this past weekend. (Including the hug that Pat gave Shawn--we'll actually, that Shawn forced Pat to give him---ugh.)

Sorry about your motor, Shawn. Thanks to Shawn and Pat for helping out with pre-grid, and Shawn for helping out multiple drivers with mechanical issues.

--------------------

Beware--the deleter is lurking.

--------------------