I painted one of my wheels today!

Tim Comeau

Cleaned up the wheel, taped off the tire, shot it with white primer, and painted it LIME GREEN to match the new windshield banner background. Looks pretty wild! Just what I wanted. Remember a long time ago I said, "There's a reason why I call it "The Show."

And best of all, it doesn't knock the car "out of spec."

It really does change the look of the car into something more like the Carrera Cup cars of the 1990's. I'll try to get a pic asap. It only cost me:

1. $3.00 for the piece of vinyl for the windshield

2. $ 20.00 for the 2 rattle cans of primer and 4 small cans of lime green paint. That's enough for all 4 wheels in that set.

3. $1.60 for a roll of masking tape.

That's it!

Now what color should I paint my second and third sets of wheels?

1. PINK? to match my favorite thong underwear...............

2. HALF WHITE, HALF BLACK? to match the stripes of the car..................

3. FLOURESCENT YELLOW? to be just plain obnoxious.............

4. BLACK? to match Dylan's teddy?

Hey, I already got the hot pink covered there mister! Since you saw my car a couple of weeks ago, I have added additional "accents" to the existing pink 944sc and windshield screen. So, you're going to have to pick something else to be original.

Now, that thong comment was just totally a bad mental picture.

Actually, neon or flourescent orange ain't bad either .................

I'm just so tired of all the reds and blues on all the race cars.

John Rickards car is all bright yellow. That's a nice change.

Anybody else painting or adding graphics besides Tyler and I?

Hmm,,,

nope!... I am just working adusting the biggest variable .... The nut behind the wheel! I gotta keep that one in working order...

All about the "Go"... the "Show" will follow!

PS... Kevin... hot Pink phone dials to match the decals might look kind of cool. Sort of 944 Turbo Cup like.

turbocup1.jpg

I also saw a euro 944 Turbo track car with organge phone dials.

I am planning on repainting the Tetris car...#08. Dylan and I are contemplating turning his garage into the Earl Scheib of Manhattan Beach. Armed with old sandpaper, some not so sticky tape, odd cans of paint and maybe a deluxe e-bay wagner power sprayer we are going to give his grey primer ghost a work over with flames.

I am tossing around a gulf blue/orange scheme...maybe I could do the cookie cutters in orange? My other option is an homage to my Germanic roots and that of my company, Uberklasse. It would be black, yellow and red with my logo on the hood. Depending how much I want to spend on vinyl graphics, I might just spray the whole car one color and then customize.

This brings back memories of my old BMX racing days when I used to paint all my bikes (as well as the neighbors). I always did as little prep work as possible and on a lot of jobs the paint ran and peeled off a week later. Hopefully I have learned something in 25 years....

Jason, Jason, Jason...........................

Flames are for hotrods.

The gulf scheme is a little too common.

I really like the idea of the red, yellow, black with your company logo on the hood. Vinyl graphics can be had for cheap and they look great. I can help you install them if you get them cut .

I'd like to see more driver's companies on the cars.

I threw the name of one of my favorite restaurant's on the sides of my car just for a little color! It's in vinyl and will come right off with a heat gun.

Hmm, interesting idea on the wheels Joe. Would I paint those or powdercoat? I guess paint would be quicker, just not sure if it would stick.

I really liked Glenn's new 951 wheels coated, but those were 2 or 3 piece wheels.

On another front, I am diligently pursuing the last 200 lbs. The interior of my car is completely empty now as I needed everything out to get the heater core and all other under dash items. Gotta reassemble the dash (crossing fingers that I get everything back in successfully), but car should be a bit lighter now Here's hoping I approach the magical 2600#. I'm also thinking now, with the interior out, maybe a few shots of paint inside the car as well.

Yep, rattle can the interior. I'm really happy with mine.

Powder coating is more expensive and if a wheel chips.......................

on the other hand spray painting can be touched up at the track!

much cheaper, more colors to choose from.................

Your choice. Have Joe post some pics of the car,huh?

Interesting. So it appears overspray wasn't a big concern on those tires huh? Of course the way you drive, those tires will be ground away in a couple of weekends anyway.

I love the lime green wheels! The flames are for the Aussie...not me!

I think doing the German theme with yellow cookie cutters would be kind of cool. They are black now and depending on how I do the graphics might be a good contrast if the bottom rocker panels are yellow.

Anyone have suggestions how to lay out some paint schemes on photo shop or another program.

I am not too computer literate....other than surfing the web.

Whew!! That's green alright!

Thanks, Joe.

I finished painting the other 3 this afternoon and applied lessons learned so they came out much better. More white primer underneath, less green on top really makes them glow better

Kevin, are your numbers taken care of or can I get you some number plates from Final Touch Graphics? (plus your name for the windshield)?

I don't make any $ on the deal. They're $75.00 for the set of 3 base plates , 3 number plates, and your name. You've already seen how nice they look.

Ok, A little overspray here and there.........gasoline will clean that off. And make the tires stick well enough to catch Joe!

** also, Jason W- Yellow wheels would look fantastic. Or even one yellow, one red per side like the 1994 Super Cup poster. That car was red, yellow, and black,too. Beautiful. I think you've got a great theme there. Run with it.

That's up to Dan Webb. One good thing about having the 944-spec.com on the number plates is it identifies the class AND let's people know there's a website.

Jeff,

my guess would be that people might not assume there would be a website without the .com on the end? I never made the connection (having found the site first) until I noticed the .com on someone's car.

It's cheap advertising. Why else do com's advertise on TV and in brochures? To wake people up. I don't think people of our generation automatically think everything in life has a website. Maybe in another 15 years, when out kids are running the series, then we could drop the series. Because by then, when you walk past an entity with a website, it will pop up on the inside of your classes automatically. Patent Pending 2004 #2555069930468

Cheers,

Dylan.

Edited by Guest

All you have to do have website is to be a member of rennlist. They give you something 200 MB of space for paying members (like $18 per year). Not to bad.

I don't ha pic up, but Kevin already has the Az 944-spec number boards. They look just like mine, but with #17 on them for obvious reasons.

Jeff I think the .com is good advertising. People look, see and might visit the site. Not everyone is kind of person just to walk up and strike up a conversation.

BTW... I do have sponsor decals on my car.

The big star the logo of my Fiancee's business. geez! for body specializing the fun & classy bath and body products. The website is also on the car http://www.geezforbody.com

PS... Gotta get the sponsor name in there every once in a while.

"Yeah that Geez! for Body Porsche 944 was runnin' good today!"