Any more H4 cars on the way?

Brian L.

• Members

There were only 3 H4 cars at Infineon for the season opener. Any more Norcal H4's out there. Hopefully there will be more at Thunderhill at the end of the month.

If you want Lots of H4 cars you should come down to Cali Speedway, March 6-7. I expect at least 10 H4 cars to race with.

There were only 3 H4 cars at Infineon for the season opener. Any more Norcal H4's out there. Hopefully there will be more at Thunderhill at the end of the month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hopefully I will be at Cali Speedway in a Fran-am 1600. I had a successful test day with Paladin Motorsports, now I just have to find the $$$. If I am not there in a Fran-am, then my dad and I are considering coming down anyway to run my Acura. Either way, I can't wait to hit top speeds on the oval!

I guess the lack of responces meens it just between me, team RNR, and Donna for the H4 crown. Come on BrianZ, its just money, get your car together and come make the H4 field bigger.

Come on BrianZ, its just money, get your car together and come make the H4 field bigger.

dude, you are funny.. your right it's only money.. I have been working all the overtime to get the monet to build my car. After my incident at sears point I have been set back a little. I also notice tonight my water pump is leaking. I'm not even sure i'll make it to T-hill at this point. On the pluse side, the Acura is now offically my track car!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is Ron and I had the white 2nd gen Integra at Thunder Hill on saturday Feb 28th, I was there as an instructor only. But liked what I saw so I have decided to race the rest of the H/C H4 races this year in N/C, the only one that I will miss is the Button Willow race as that one is the same weekend as a SCCA race.

If the 2 guys that were running 2nd gen Integras are on this board I have some questions. Since I will not have to run 14" wheels what size are you running and what tire size?

• Members

I was in the #44 Black/White/Red Integra. I am glad to hear that you have decided to come race with us. The field should go quickly if people see more cars coming out. Anyway, I run 15X7 wheels with 225/50/15 on them. The larger radius did not keep the stock gear ratio but the wider rubber is worth it. Our cars have the torque to move the heavier rubber and the car is really stable in high speed turns. Toyo is coming out with a 225/45/15 this summer. I am thinking of trying them out, it would bring my gear ratio closer to stock. However the car is really fast right now, I ran a 2:08.1 a T-hill this weekend. Anyway, just let me know if you have any more questions.

What year is your Integra, mine is a 91 and 90-91 final drives are different then 92-93. Mine is 4:40 and I can't remember what the 92-93s are but I thinkl it is in the 4:30 range, I have been running 225/50/14 Hoosiers in all of my SCCA races so going to Toyos will be interesting.

When H/C races at T/H do they always run the by-pass? That was the first time I had ever run it and it was a little strange at first, I was running a really worn out set of old toyos that had no stick left in them and coming over that little hill I could hardly keep my car on the track. I have been into the low 2:10s when running over 5 so it will be interesting to see what it will do on the by-pass whith good tires. I am really looking forward to running against other Integras.

Hello,

My name is Ron and I had the white 2nd gen Integra at Thunder Hill on saturday Feb 28th

HEY RON!!!

This is Brian with the Green 95 ingetra (you have instructed me a few times i my car). Glsd to see your going to race in HC. I can't wait till i get my car build and race with you guys.. I just hope i can keep up you all of you!

• Members

It is a 91 Integra GS. Yes, NASA always uses the by-pass, only the Porsches use the crows nest. I think you will like the tire, I have never run on Hoosiers but when you shave the RA-1 it becomes really quick. The price is alot better as well. And, with you in H4 that makes 4 cars, the Toyo rebate payoff will be: 1st = $75, 2nd = $35. If you get your friend to come out in his CRX that would make 5 cars, it will be: 1st = 150, 2nd = 75, and 3rd = 35. Season championships it I think $600 for first and $300 for second. So the point is that you could more than pay for your tires if you run well. It is a bummer that you can not make it to Buttonwillow. That event is a crossover with NASA SoCal, there should be about 10 SoCAl cars along with 3 NorCal cars. It should be tons of fun!

Hey Brian,

I thought that was you when I was reading the posts, Yea it looks like too much fun to race against other Hondas. For that last year I have been trying to catch Bob Bradfield in his RX7.

Hey Brian,

I thought that was you when I was reading the posts, Yea it looks like too much fun to race against other Hondas. For that last year I have been trying to catch Bob Bradfield in his RX7.

I agree with you, I hope to see HC get big enought to have its own start.. that would be really awesome to see!!

I was talking to Phil, the guy with the CRX, and he is going to race some of the H/C races also so we will have 5 at times.

I see that you live in Scotts Valley, do you know a guy named Dave Huemueller? He teaches at the junior high in S/V, he is my brother in law, they live in Boulder Creek.

• Members

Wow that is really wierd! I had "Mr." Huemueller for 8'th grade Algebra 1, what a small world. Is he still teaching, that was like 7 years ago when I was in his class.

Yea he is still teaching, says that he is going to retire in a few years, It really is a small world. I am down there alot beacuse I going mountian bike riding with my sister and Dave at Wilder park.

• Members

I love mountain biking. I go all the time to either, Wilder, De La Viaga, or Nicenne Marks. Do you have a race built motor in your car, if so, what HP are you putting out at the wheels. I am just running a used 30,000 mile engine I got from a place called Attarco Motors. I am curoius to see what kind of HP my car engine can produce.

Yea my motor is full It spec. My shop is 5 miles from Comptech and I work with them a lot, so they did all of the machine work and I built the engine, I have not had it on a dyno yet but will be taking it down to comptech for that soon. It pulls real strong, If you know who Nick Theroux is he raced my car once last year at a sears point scca race and beat all of the other top ITA. He said my car has more h/p then the integra he won the scca season champ with that had a Rebello engine in it. So I know my car is fast it is just getting me to drive it fast. What kinda suspension do you have on your car? Can you tell if that rear wing does anything?

• Members

I run Ground Control Coil-Overs with Eibach Race Springs 600F/800R, and off the shelf Koni yellows. I am thinking of uping the spring rates but keeping the balance the same. I also want to get my koni's revalved.

The rear wing really makes the car feel stable in fast turns such as T-hill turn 1,5,8,9. The car feals really planted. At sears I was able to hold full throttle up turn 1 and I closed on almost every car in the esses. The car just feels really stable, I can still throw the back end around in slower turns though. The HC group leader just put one on his H4 civic and they noticed a difference as well. They said again, it just feals more planted in fast turns.

I am running Ground Control coil overs with luminas, My spring rates are 600 f 900 r. Where did you get your wing? Looks like I will have to get one. It will be a bummer when I have to take it off to race SCCA races.

Have you ever rode your M/B down at Fort Ord, I ride there alot also.

How come H/C does not race at L/S? I love that track.

• Members

I got my wing at summitracing.com. It is a cheapy that is not adjustable. But it works for now. Eventually I want to get a nice adjustable one and do some tuning to see if more or less down force would be better.

I have never made it down to Fort Ord, but I heard that there are some good places to ride down there.

If you mean Leguna Seca by L/S, I think it is because NASA can't get the sound permits have races there, I am not sure. I drove a HPDE there, that track is really fun, I would love to go two wide with someone down the corkscrew!

Ron,

Glad to hear you & Phil will be coming out. It will give us more cars to race against. Since your cars are IT legal, you should be able to fit right in. If you review the HC rules http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules-forms/2004_hc.pdf, you will see that a few more things are allowed. Let me know if you have any questions. I also have the required decals that you will need to run.

Mike

[email protected]

Brian, 2 wide in the cork screw= one car in the dirt.....

You should go ride at Fort Ord, you can ride all day long and not ride the same trail, lots of long fast down hills.

Mike, I have read all of the H/C rules and it looks like no problem to get my car ready for H/C races. How can I get those decals from you?

• Members

Heh you only need two wheels on the track to pass someone!

Heh you only need two wheels on the track to pass someone!

hahaha.. you know this don't you...