Time Trial Mid Ohio Entry List 8/11-8/13 Almost Full!

John Graber

It's actually been four lines, but we really only need two. 80% of the cars get in the first line because they think they are fast. The few cars in the 2nd-4th lines get a ton of clear track.

The issue many fail to realize is the HPDE4 cars who run without transponders. If there's one or two you can place them in grid, but if there are more it's a PITA. That said, we'll save the pole for the usual suspect, Shane Benson, and let John and DP fall into place. If everyone cooperates it really works out well. It will be our third trip this year to MO so things should go flawlessly.

See you all next weekend.

John

P.S. Looks like the group will be at capacity and closed tonight.

• Members
Did I stutter?

All Porsche drivers s-s-s-s-s-stutter.

Everybody knows that already, DUH!!!

(Was that a test? Did I pass?? Reprezentin SOCAL yo!!!!!)

• Members

The issue many fail to realize is the HPDE4 cars who run without transponders. If there's one or two you can place them in grid, but if there are more it's a PITA. That said, we'll save the pole for the usual suspect, Shane Benson, and let John and DP fall into place. If everyone cooperates it really works out well. It will be our third trip this year to MO so things should go flawlessly.

See you all next weekend.

John

P.S. Looks like the group will be at capacity and closed tonight.

Not that im trying to tell you what to do. Im not, just offering up of some of the great gridding system thats been employed in the Socal Region by some doof ball greg something. Anyways, as goofy as he is and as wacky as his ideas are, ill be darned if they dont, SOMETIMES work well.

The little dictator makes the HPDE4 drivers without transponders start last after all the TT drivers. Now the amazing part is, those of us in TT with slower cars than some of the HPDE4 cars behind us will typically simply let them by us, even before we get out on track. (yeah, go figure, socal guys letting ANYBODY pass? Crazy!)

I think you nailed it, its all about cooperation out there from everyone and knowing who is behind you. That more than anything is what makes a run group fun to me.

I dont believe the "grid by time" is much more work than say, having someone pick up the time sheet and people knowing where to grid up. It might be wirth a try for you as a trial effort and if it works, thank ME and if you hate it, blame that dictator Greg!

Thats what I do.

Edited by Guest

How about let me go out first and run infront of the TTU guys and they hold the usual group until the end of the straight. By then I will be clear out of the way in turn 6th in a TTC car.

By the way, I qualified for the Super Street Time Attack challenge at Road Atlanta. If anyone knows of a tuner shop that needs a driver let me know.

Clift Ching

Yeah, just got an email indicating I qualified... too bad I'll be at Mid-O I think the little Miata needs more than what it has to compete there tho...

S

Shane

You can be in both. The Time Attack is on Monday. I figure if I leave a little early from Mid Ohio Sunday and drive 10 hours to Atlanta I can make the show. Only if I decide or someone offered me a ride.

Clift

Shane

You can be in both. The Time Attack is on Monday. I figure if I leave a little early from Mid Ohio Sunday and drive 10 hours to Atlanta I can make the show. Only if I decide or someone offered me a ride.

Clift

10 hours??? Must be driving real slow.

It's 535 miles on I-71 from the south Columbus outerbelt to the north Atlanta outerbelt. Hmmmm, 65 miles from I-71 @ MO to south Col, so, it's around 600 miles to the Atlanta outerbelt - sounds like 7-8 hours to me.

Mapquest lists Mid Ohio Sports Car Course to Road Atlanta as 671 Miles.

(Road Atlanta is about 50 miles northeast of Atlanta) A lot of it is back roads, so they have it as a 12 hour drive.. Even if it was all highway, towing would be tough to make it in less than 10.

Right now, AMS is considering the same thing.. running a session or two on Sunday, then heading South for the Monday event.

I would have had them running the Road Atlanta NASA Time Trial, but I wanted the experience at Mid Ohio more than more time at Road Atlanta.

That puts a bit of strain on AMS though, with a weekend of 1887 driving miles, (about 160 gallons of gas for the tow vehicle) four nights of hotels, etc..

We will see.

Jon K

Jon

How many EVOs are AMS going to be taking? Any seat for me?

The 10 hours is an estimate from Toledo to Atlanta in a car. It will take about 15 hours towing. That is with 2 cars! This is from experience running the American Road Race of Champion(ARRC).

Clift

For the NASA weekend, I will be in the Time Attack Car, Martin in bringing his car, and I am going to try to run a session in it to meet my 5 day requirement.

For the Super Street event it would just be the Time Attack car.. this weekend is the Redline Event (Daddio driving, I have to be at a wedding, not mine) then the next week is NASA, a drag race at Norwalk, and then the Super Street deal, so it is going to be an EXPENSIVE weekend.. plus, i think the Time Attack car is still in "limited" class for Super Street, so that makes the street car very under powered/prepped.

Jon K

Norwalk Raceway Park to Mid Ohio is 60 miles... Martin will be driving back and forth on Saturday, I am not sure baout Sunday.. it might be very tough to go to Road Atlanta as well, so things are very up in the air with that.

We have to look at budget, time, the missed shop day, etc and decide if we can go to Road Atlanta.

Jon

The weekend is SOLD OUT! Thank you all for your participation. I should have the updated TT list posted soon. There is still room on Friday for those interested, although as usual it is not an official event.

We will have our download meeting as usual in the Key Bank pavilion following our sessions. We will be located right next to the bank machine, which will be especially convenient for all those Race guys trying to get a TT event to meet their Championship qualifications! I encourage you all to visit it...or me....or both.

John