What's up with the tire width spec? Penalizing lighter cars

JCraven

That's not too bad. If you add 15 more points worth of mods you will really be smokin. The TTA times should be a little slower now that the Audi and Zo6's have been restrained.

I think everything will still be pretty fun and as fair as it can be......When you realize that 2 of the lower classes were eliminated and another upper class was added it makes a little more sense why we are all shuffled up.

Take care and have a nice Holiday,

Matt C.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slink

• mrc24x

• kbrew8991

• StealthTT

OK, now I don't feel so bad. As I read, I see a bunch of guys got bumped from TTC to TTA. I guess '06 TTC is the new TTA.

One big improvement is the 8.7 weight/WHP limit. With the 560WHP limit last year before they put you in TTR, you could possibley have 550 HP cars in TTD, TTC or TTB.

It looks like one of the few to whom the new tire rule is an advantage. I am running 205s all around in a base classs of TTD. With other mods I was in TTC anyway and now with this tire rule i get some points back (and from other places ) and have more points to play with with in TTC.

It looks like one of the few to whom the new tire rule is an advantage. I am running 205s all around in a base classs of TTD. With other mods I was in TTC anyway and now with this tire rule i get some points back (and from other places ) and have more points to play with with in TTC.

What kind of super lightweight car allows you to run 205's?

I have the record, 30 points for tires. I dare anyone to beat that!

I only have 26 pts added to my TTB car (with an additional 7 new base pts this year) with the setup I ran in 2006.

The rules really do shaft the C5s in TTB - I know only the C5 drivers care. I am trying to figure out a safe and affordable way to stay TTB or even TTA

My 99 Fixed Roof Coupe (TTB*) compared to my 02 ZO6 (TTA*) - same tires are +10 on the TTB car, the Z51 bars (stock on FRCs) +2, weight is close to my ZO6 (128 lb wt classification since TTB is based on coupe), my headers and exhaust are +4, my zip tie intake mod is +1. That puts my "modded" FRC within 1 pt of my "stock" ZO6 and both run in TTA now. Guess what, the FRC is going to lose and there is not enough pts to close the gap between the two. I put sticky tires on both and I am maxed out in both cars for TTA.

So yes the tire sizes do hurt some cars more than others.