Forums Upgrade

Jay S.

Hey all forum goers,

I just pushed the new forum software live, which I'm hoping will give everybody a much better experience here and facilitate better discussions.

If you encounter any problems with the new forum, please post your issues on this thread and I'll investigate.

Thanks!

-Jay

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay S.

• kbrew8991

• Renntag

• Shawn M.

good to know I wasn't suddenly going crazy

I think alot of people would appreciate the default "skin" being similar visually to what was previously used... or at least having the name/avatar/etc block being on the left, etc

Jay,

Is there a function like the old board that "view topics since last visit"? This was an easy way to see all the new stuff since you last read. I've looked around and don't see anything that is the same?

Thanks

There are a couple links for that, both for new posts:

http://www.nasaforums.com/search.php?search_id=newposts

They've changed the name of "new topics" to "active topics", and the link for new topics:

http://www.nasaforums.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

I'll look at other styles that look more like the old version that people can switch back to.

Very nice, I like it so far.

good to know I wasn't suddenly going crazy

Don't worry Ken. For you going crazy isn't anything sudden. It could be worse though, you could be like me and have frequent flyer miles you've been there so often.

Yep Jay....found both of those but the "New posts" looks like it lists all new posts for the entire day.

Can this software show only the posts since your last visit like the old system did???

Alrighty, for those who dislike the new style, I give you the new old-style. Or something like that. It's a closer style for the newer version, anyway. Those who like the look and feel of the previous style can do this:

1 - Go to the User Control Panel at http://www.nasaforums.com/ucp.php

2 - Select "Board Preferences"

3 - Under "My Board Style", select "subsilver2

4 - Click Submit, be happy

Hope you guys like this better

• Members
This is an upgrade??

Visually its a mess.

Thanks, that other one hurt my eyes.

Seriously??

I cant figure out how to darken the color. Its just so...... bright!

*EDIT* yeah, found it. Better!

i used to be able to hit back and go back to previous page or pages. seemed a little quicker.

also the words or lines seemed to jumbled together. seem to have this problem on many web sites.

seems that posting is alot better, just one click, amazing!!!

i just feel sorry for freddy.tried to use a smiley face, i guess i'm in just a much trouble!!!!!!!!

i used to be able to hit back and go back to previous page or pages. seemed a little quicker.

also the words or lines seemed to jumbled together. seem to have this problem on many web sites.

i just feel sorry for freddy.tried to use a smiley face, i guess i'm in just a much trouble!!!!!!!!

What browser do you use? I can possibly adjust some of the fonts if I can reproduce.

I use Firefox, and the typography looks quite nice on both themes for me.

What browser do you use? I can possibly adjust some of the fonts if I can reproduce.

I use Firefox, and the typography looks quite nice on both themes for me.

dare i say internet explorer?????? i guess??????????

Yep Jay....found both of those but the "New posts" looks like it lists all new posts for the entire day.

Can this software show only the posts since your last visit like the old system did???

I guess I tried to say it too nicely

the second skin is a pretty good improvement though

I'm not getting enough contrast to read comfortably, for some reason. Maybe a different or slightly larger font would help. The background colors seem pretty normal, it's just hard to read.

Testing real black vs. whatever is elsewhere.

Ah-hah! The text isn't really black. It's either gray or blue on blue. No wonder I feel like I'm going blind.

Now let's see what size is easier to read. . .

Combine the larger text with black text. . .

Hey, now I can read it!

It sucks to get old, but it beats the alternative.

I switched back to the new skin (prosilver?) and see that there is good contrast, in the body of the posts, but the fonts are abnormally small. I can change my browser text size preference, but then every other site has huge fonts.

Ask and ye shall receive...

I've updated the fonts to be slightly larger, and also closer to a true black so it increases the contrast.

Geez, for racers you guys have some bad eyes