• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay S.

• kbrew8991

• Renntag

• Shawn M.

I'll be happy to learn the few minor quirks (now that I'm using the alternate skin) assuming this new board software does better against spammers

I'll be happy to learn the few minor quirks (now that I'm using the alternate skin) assuming this new board software does better against spammers

I'm going to add in some other features to block spam as well, and really try to pare it down.

Switched over to the other choice and love it. For some freakish reason I like darker colors in forums but this is cool too.

Just enough contrasting color to make everything easy to see.

• Members
Switched over to the other choice and love it. For some freakish reason I like darker colors in forums but this is cool too.

Just enough contrasting color to make everything easy to see.

Exactly!

i have only just begun to explore the upgrade. The look is dramatically different, and the location of many things have moved.

Like anything else, its a change and we can get used to it in short time.

Is there a great benefit? better performance? better security? Will we get custom avatars yet?

If so, the short term difficulty is worth it.

I propose that we abandon web based forums altogether in favor of the good old bulletin boards at our local shops, race tracks, gas stations and grocery stores.

LOST KITTEN AND HALF SHAFT FROM 84 318is.

BOTH GRAY AND DIRTY

NEITHER ANSWERS WHEN CALLED

Historically, is there some reason why we dont have custom avatars?

I'll look into getting custom avatars in, but they can consume quite a bit of resources on the server.

Also, sorry for the bumps... the new version has a bug in the search indexing feature and crashed the database. I'm working on getting it fixed.

As for the upgrade, there are a ton of features that we'll use behind the scenes and I'm hoping you guys get a lot on the front-end. It'll help us combat spam, have better forum separation and is more secure.

Thanks for your patience while we beat this beast into shape.

Historically, is there some reason why we dont have custom avatars?

Allllllrighty, tried enabling the custom Avatars. If they end up causing any disruptions I'll have to disable them again but lets give it a shot.

2 points to who can match my avatar with the car.