SCCA Raid

mikeski38

Hey everyone, I have an Idea. Since there is a fair bit of time before the next NASA event. What do you guys say to crashing an SCCA event to try and lure some more people to NASA and honda challenge.

I stopped by t-hill last weekend since I was in the area and saw ron. He said that there are a few hondas running in SCCA that are curious about HC. If we make an appearance and answer some of their questions, maybe we can further grow our field. Our cars should be legal if we take off the wings, and we shouldn't ruffle any feathers since we are running on toyos. What do you think? Let go represent!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron Carroll

• mikeski38

• slammed_93_hatch

• civicrr

I think most of our cars have the heater cores and blowers removed, and due to cage design, they would be very difficult to reinstall.

I think running for no points is a good idea. After all, we don't want to start running in SCCA on a regular basis, just go out there to show the honda guys that poeple do actually race something other then mazdas.

Ron should be our liason. How should we go about doing this? Who do we need to contact to get an SCCA license? How much will it cost?

If we are going to do this, we need to get everyone involved, make a big showing. Ron, when is the next SCCA event?

Oct, 2-3..... but there is not enough time for that one, the person that you need to talk to is on vacation right now. the next race is the Western States championships, there will be cars from all over the western us and canada, that race is Nov 5-7. OK the first thing to do is join the SCCA, thats the first link. Mail it to the Willows office. Then you will need to call Gary Meeker at 831-475-4130 you will need to send him the medical and comp lic. forms. He will let you know what else he needs. He is the one that will give you your lic. Look forward to you all being out there to help ward off the dark side.

http://www.sfrscca.org/NewMembers/index.html

http://www.scca.com/_Filelibrary/File/form-physicalexam.pdf

http://www.scca.com/_Filelibrary/File/form-license.pdf

Maybe Ron can correct me if I'm wrong,

You will need SCCA membership (around $75)

SCCA racing license (Around $75)

You will need to get your doctor to sign a new medical form. SCCA won't take anything else other than their form.

You will need to contact Gary Meeker to see if he will grant you a waiver to get the racing license.

At least, that's what I had to go through to get my license last time.

Ok. So who would be on board with all this now that we know how much it is going to cost and when it is going to happen? I'll start the list, copy and paste it as it grows so we can just look in one place for the total number of people.

Mike Lock

Hey ron, where is the november 5-7 race being held?

Thunder Hill, and we run over the top of 5.

just for that I would want to do it.. but I will have to look at my schedule when I get home... that is if SCCA will take my rookie status..

I could name at least three drivers who are thinking about dropping Honda Challenge alltogether, and running SCCA ITE Next season. I know our team will be doing a few SCCA Events in the near future.

Kiwi

Wrong direction kiwi. The purpose of this is to attract SCCA drivers to honda challenge, no the other way around. If those guys are going to drop HC for SCCA, they need not post to this thread.

yeah, i probably would anyways.... ive never been to thunder hill. is every one going to be at infineon in late october... cause i will be at the hpde there.... let me know

ps: we need to decide on a HC theme song, that we can play when ever we go to scca, or the pits, or drivers meetings, or the grocery store.... something really awesome, kinda like "danger zone"... i can carry one of those old boom-boxes from the eighties around or something. let me know what you think

yeah, i probably would anyways.... ive never been to thunder hill. is every one going to be at infineon in late october... cause i will be at the hpde there.... let me know

ps: we need to decide on a HC theme song, that we can play when ever we go to scca, or the pits, or drivers meetings, or the grocery store.... something really awesome, kinda like "danger zone"... i can carry one of those old boom-boxes from the eighties around or something. let me know what you think

haha thats great!