SCCA Raid

mikeski38

SCCA doesn't have the added entertainment of HPDE.

No, but we have 40-60 Spec Miata's on the track at one time worth a whole bunch of HPDE's.

I will be racing there this weekend if anyone wants to come check out an SCCA race.

I race at 8:30 and 10:45 on sunday.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron Carroll

• mikeski38

• slammed_93_hatch

• civicrr

OK, so now if all of you nor/cal H/C racers were also SCCA racers, you would either be at Thunder Hill or loading up to go there instead of sitting home whining about not racing in almost a month.

I have decided that we need to change the name of this thread to NASA raid. LOL

I wanta fight too!

Honda Challenge rocks!! When HC was born, only NASA had the vision & flexibility to allow the group(s) to be established. There are now HC regions around the country.

Now tell me again why I should go race anywhere else....nah, nevermind. I won't be.

:twisted:

Honda Challenge rocks!!

Now tell me again why I should go race anywhere else....nah,

nevermind. I won't be.

LOL, I am not saying that H/C is not great, it's just that there is other racing out there (ie more track time).As long as I race I will always race in H/C but I get so much more track time then people that just race one series.

indeed ron, but at the moment NASA is all I can afford. But ya know come this winter my ability to run SCCA will be in your hands.

We do need more people to participate though Especially in NorCal!

True. H4 is coming along nicely. H1 is a bit sparse @ the moment.

I can't for the life of me figure out why the USTCC Honda's @ the track aren't runing HC. They are there in race cars but run HPDE. This is on weekends when there is no USTCC race.

Mike..real easy

As currently configured the HC rules that my cars fit into give me a competitive disadvantage.

Tha H-1 rules almost dictate a light Civic powered by a K20 or very expensive B-20.

These rules need to change to more realistic weights so more different cars can run competitively!

Tom,

I wasn't speaking about you guys. You don't come out on a non-USTCC weekend & run HPDE.

There are a couple of other guys that do come out & do that. They say that they are getting track time...for racing. As you know, HPDE, even Group 4, can't be compared to wheel to wheel racing.

We can talk more about your concerns in H1. I look forward to it.

Mike..real easy

As currently configured the HC rules that my cars fit into give me a competitive disadvantage.

Tha H-1 rules almost dictate a light Civic powered by a K20 or very expensive B-20.

These rules need to change to more realistic weights so more different cars can run competitively!

if i remeber correctly there was a prelude that ran H1 on the east cost and was doing awsome tell his motor went cabom.

but i do understand what you are saying.

Perfect example of what I'm worried about H-1.

Cory has done real well in H-2 racing against type-Rs. And certainly wining his share of races, maybe more?

But the entire budget then gets spent on a killer motor. It fails and the competitor is out of money and now we lose the racer for rest the year!

We need everybody racing not building motors or recuping from the money spent on a blown motor.

Perfect example of what I'm worried about H-1.

Cory has done real well in H-2 racing against type-Rs. And certainly wining his share of races, maybe more?

But the entire budget then gets spent on a killer motor. It fails and the competitor is out of money and now we lose the racer for rest the year!

We need everybody racing not building motors or recuping from the money spent on a blown motor.

if i remeber correctly don't you have the HUGE ass rig that many NHRA guys and some of the GT3 cup guys have? i was amazed when i was at sears point and say US touring cars have that kinda of transport?

now i think its awsome but if i tend to think that if you can affored a HUGE rig like that building a good sound motor with lots of money into it shouldn't be a problem. i maybe wrong, about the rig even being yours.

im interested in hearing what you would like to see done.

me personally i think that for a civic to be comptitive it needs to be that low on weight and high on power. in H1 your racing against S2k's and possibly NSX which have numerous advantages over a FF car of any size or shape.

so couldn't this maybe be another case were, if you wana run in that class and be comptitive you need to pick the right car?

and in Mid ohio there is TSX and that car seemed to do fairly well.

without a doubt H1 does put alot of focus on hybrids power out put. and thats why its the "top dog" class of HC. but i also know of a certian us touring car who just dumped wayyyyyyyyy more money into a B series motor than most people do in HC.

this is all open to opinion of course, and since i don't yet even race i guess i should really keep my mouth shut, but as some one who in the future plans on racing H1, even though every one says im stupid, i think i have a vested intrest to see that civic's stay competitive with s2k's and NSX. I know no one has run an NSX in HC but the rules allow for it so its a possiblity.

but i do agree with you that accord's preludes and other cars do have a diss-advantage and thats weight. what to do about it? i don't have a clue. but i do not think making the rest of the cars slower is the answer.