NorCal smack talking....Thunderhill in Nov.

civicrr

I think I am finished breaking in my 25 Hours of Thunderhill motor. It had a very minor tweak that I needed to do. Tuesday morning it will be getting 'tuned' with new plugs & fresh oil.

Pressed in some fresh bearings in my spare knuckles today. I will install those & new rear hubs. I will need to adjust my shocks a bit more.

So....what does this all mean? I plan on being faster @ Thunderhill. Looking for a little H4 payback baby!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• civicrr

• BrianZ

• Thawley

• Andrie

Well, I installed an oil cooler to hopefully bring down my oil temp...290. And installed the heater for the defroster, therefor my car is heavier.

Well, I installed an oil cooler to hopefully bring down my oil temp...290. And installed the heater for the defroster, therefor my car is heavier.

Darn it. I have a brand NIB Jackson Racing oil cooler kit just sitting on the shelf in my garage.

Will it fit my Integra? I assume you are interested in sleeing it.

By the way, you guys are forgetting who beat Donna when his car was healthy! When my tranny works it will be a dog fight for 1st place. Should be some good racing next season. don't think i can get it going by Thunderhill.

Old Fart Racer

Will it fit my Integra? I assume you are interested in sleeing it.

By the way, you guys are forgetting who beat Donna when his car was healthy! When my tranny works it will be a dog fight for 1st place. Should be some good racing next season. don't think i can get it going by Thunderhill.

Old Fart Racer

Steve, whats wrong with your trans, maybe I can help.

Also old fart racer LOL

During the race on Sunday it was very difficult to get into 3rd gear. many 2nd to 3rd shifts were missed or i had to make multiple attempts to get it into gear. towards the end of the race it was so bad that i would just stay in 3rd rather than shift and the stupid thing was jumping out of gear so i needed to drive with one hand holding it in.

i suspect that the synchros are gone, at least 3rd. remember that for most of the season, both Brian and i were driving this poor car so it ran 14 sessions each weekend. i think it's time for a re-build. it stared acting up a bit last race but went quickly this weekend.

Seeing how much fun you guys have with that many competitors, is making me jealous. I think I'm gonna go to SoCal next month to play.

All of you guys should come to socal to play.

Seeing how much fun you guys have with that many competitors, is making me jealous. I think I'm gonna go to SoCal next month to play.

you know what? Why don't you guys come and play in norcal. We already had 1 socal crossover event.

you know what? Why don't you guys come and play in norcal. We already had 1 socal crossover event.

For you to get to BW takes what 2.5-3 hours?

It takes me about 2.5hours the get to BW as well Plus i have to climb 5000feet and then come down. You just have to drive flat surface.

Whats wrong with a little elevation change?

My astro van couldent take it anymore. so we sold it got a new tow rig Chevy Express enough TQ to tow my house to BW. But gas mielage sucks.

It takes me about 2.5hours the get to BW as well Plus i have to climb 5000feet and then come down. You just have to drive flat surface.

We have already played on your home field... come play on ours now..

T-hill is a great place to get passed.

Steve,

You need to get your car going for Nov. I figured something must be wrong 'cuz you weren't there after the start-which I found unusual.

BTW, after consulting w/ Ron, I have decided that a bungie won't be strong enough. I have scaped that & am now working on a grappling hook.

I think we should do 4 crossovers next year. 2 SoCals & 2 NorCals. What do you guys think? Yeah, I know it is expensive & a hassel to travel but think of how fun the fields would be.

We have already played on your home field... come play on ours now..

T-hill is a great place to get passed.

Now that is some smack talk.

Steve,

You need to get your car going for Nov. I figured something must be wrong 'cuz you weren't there after the start-which I found unusual.

BTW, after consulting w/ Ron, I have decided that a bungie won't be strong enough. I have scaped that & am now working on a grappling hook.

I think we should do 4 crossovers next year. 2 SoCals & 2 NorCals. What do you guys think? Yeah, I know it is expensive & a hassel to travel but think of how fun the fields would be.

I'm down!

but will the so cal guys go for it?

Depending where you live. From San Francisco it take 4-4.5 hrs and we do have to go through the mountains at hwy 152.

Still will be longer drive for you though, but we have much more funner tracks with elevation changes.

So....what does this all mean? I plan on being faster @ Thunderhill. Looking for a little H4 payback baby!

I plan on beeing faster too, now. I just had to unleash the HP that I had to bottle up for sunday. BTW, does t-hill have a sound limit for this next event?