NorCal smack talking....Thunderhill in Nov.

civicrr

Think how impressive it would look to caravan down to SoCal from around here, a buncha race cars (HPDE-ers, too! let's rock!) on flatbed car carriers, ready to go to SoCal and take care of business

Since this is shaping up as some kinda regional throw-down, we would need a logo for our track cars and tow rigs! It would have to include something about SoCal with a big red "X" through it or a really eye-catching design letting everyone know we are from NorCal

Remember: there is no such thing as "friendly competition"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• civicrr

• BrianZ

• Thawley

• Andrie

Think how impressive it would look to caravan down to SoCal from around here, a buncha race cars (HPDE-ers, too! let's rock!) on flatbed car carriers, ready to go to SoCal and take care of business

Since this is shaping up as some kinda regional throw-down, we would need a logo for our track cars and tow rigs! It would have to include something about SoCal with a big red "X" through it or a really eye-catching design letting everyone know we are from NorCal

HEHEHEH You forgot what happened last time.

HEHEHEH You forgot what happened last time.

what did happen last time?

Well, I have to admit that the SoCal H4 cars gave us a smack across the head. All of us got worked, even Brian Lock. Of course he got spun by a friendly tap in the third turn of the first lap. Got all the way back up & finished fourth though.

We do have a much stronger group in NorCal now. I think that future results will be a bit different.

Saturdays Results

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=40387

Sundays results

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=40389

I think Brian Lock got spun on saturday not sunday. I was gonna win both days but a spinning RX7 broke all of my left front i had to pull in 3 laps to go. I did set a new H4 track record on sunday Which im still happy for. Also hope you guys give us run for our money next time.

• Members

Well actually I got spun both days. On saterday I was in fourth about to pass third when I had to lift for a miata coming out of talledaga (sp?), lifting at that speed was not a good idea and I went for a huge tank slapper. On sunday my car was mistaken for a pinball in turn three , after coming to a stop in the dirt I was able to get back up to fourth. Overall that weekend was a bummer and I am really bummed that I will not be able to take another shot at you guys next year.

Sorry guys, looks like I will be racing in BW. See you guys next year!

Does that mean I'll be all alone in H1? Not that I'll be any threat... I'm just hoping not to get clobbered by the fast H4 guys.

Does that mean I'll be all alone in H1? Not that I'll be any threat... I'm just hoping not to get clobbered by the fast H4 guys.

John, didn't know you're coming to Thill. I thought you are socal guy. I thought I'm going to be the only H1 guy out there.

Nice to see you will be debuting your car. Unfortunately we won't meet.

John, didn't know you're coming to Thill. I thought you are socal guy. I thought I'm going to be the only H1 guy out there.

wait wait wait.. did you not read the subject line? this is for smack talking! this does not look like smack talking..

This is smack talking.

I'll make sure to make clean passes on you.

wait wait wait.. did you not read the subject line? this is for smack talking! this does not look like smack talking..

This is smack talking.

Too bad Andre isn't coming since the H4 field all would have passed him....again....like last Sunday.

How's that for smack talking?

Yeah, I'm dragging it all the way up there for some more track time at Thill before the 25Hour. Since I have to do a race this weekend, anyway, it seemed to make the most sense.

As for the smack talk, I just don't have it in me. I've been working on the car solid for the last week. If I make it up there on time with the car running and properly prepped, I will be plenty happy. Once I see how the car runs I might be more prone to make snide comments about Mike wiggling his ass all around the track (and the pits, too).

Later,

This is smack talking.

Too bad Andre isn't coming since the H4 field all would have passed him....again....like last Sunday.

How's that for smack talking?

oooh....

If you can only protect your line against a rookie

The 2005 SoCal NASA schedule has been posted in the Yahoo HC group, but I see no indication of any planned North/South crossover events.

Anyone know anything about this? I was hoping for a 20+ H4 field at some point in 2005.

oooh....

Damn, that had to hurt, Mike. I could hear that smack all the way down here.

But, seriously, are you always that nice to rookies? I hope so... I'll be wearing my "R"s for the last time.

Nice one Andre

Rick,

I haven't had the op. to talk to Ryan yet about crossovers. Seems like most of the racers want some crossovers....we'll see what we can do.

John,

I am sure you will be in front of us. If not, we will all play nice.

The NorCal H4 championship is already decided. My team is really just shaking it down for the 25 Hour.

oooh....

Damn, that had to hurt, Mike. I could hear that smack all the way down here.

But, seriously, are you always that nice to rookies? I hope so... I'll be wearing my "R"s for the last time.

he isent usually.. he just forgot ...

Slow in, fast out ... smooth..

The 2005 SoCal NASA schedule has been posted in the Yahoo HC group, but I see no indication of any planned North/South crossover events.

Anyone know anything about this? I was hoping for a 20+ H4 field at some point in 2005.

The official reason (via Ryan) the SoCal to NorCal crossover was canceled this year was lack of interest from competitors. I don't know about the flow of money within NASA, but I suspect there is also more financial incentive for Ryan to keep eveyone down here whenever he has the chance to do so instead of smiling and waving as the SoCal group leaves for Thunderhill.

I for one, plan to run at least two NorCal events next season and maybe three. It would be cool if an organized crossover would happen. The big question is whether or not is would be official and offer points.

Seems to me the logical thing to do is just offer crossover points to any event that is also holding an enduro. Those events have more expenses anyway, so why not try and attract HC sprint racers from out of region, as well? Just a thought.