B.KRAUS PLELUDE

B.KRAUS

Well im done with the car.It goes to Black Trax on Monday to get wired and tuned.Im hopping for some big numbers on the motor.Ill let everyone know what kind of hp and tq it puts out.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• B.KRAUS

• slammed_93_hatch

• ekim952522000

• DaveWright

soooo you gonna come down to Willow springs with a few of us at the end of the month with the new car?

I'll have my 'brand new' car there!.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about doing that with my 3 piece sway bar, but I ended up doing something like what I've seen on the RT cars. If I mount mine like that, I could use aluminum arms, which would be slightly lighter.

The car looks GREAT!! Man, you guys are building some really nice Preludes!! I'm going to have to step my game up a bit.

Hey brandon you wanna ship that motor to the east coast so I can break it in for you, I already have 220,000 on the current build and its still running strong.

Just to let you guys know,the car is 2095lbs with no driver no wing no gas no seat belts and no windows.Im probley going to need to add 100lbs to the car to make 2430.

NICE!!!

But you really should chat with andrie and get your self an AIM.

I am only saying that cause i don't run H1, you are stupid fast without a data-logger, i could only imagine the speed you could find with DA

NICE!!!

But you really should chat with andrie and get your self an AIM.

I am only saying that cause i don't run H1, you are stupid fast without a data-logger, i could only imagine the speed you could find with DA

I DON'T KNOW BRANDON HAS TROUBLE WITH COMPUTERS I HAD TO POST PICS FOR HIM

haha j/k

Car is at blacktrax as of last Saturday, courtesy of Redstone Transportation. I was contemplating taking the car home and telling Brandon it got "lost". This thing is soooo nice. Built really well and looks awesome.

Can't wait to see it running and on the track!

-Graham

Well there is questions about the rear sway bar is it legal all i did was mount it to the same location as the oe bar was located.And i cut through the spare tire compartment.I guess i could have pounded up the spare tire sheet metal and not cut the hole i cut,but i thought that would be the cleanest way to do it.What do the rest of you think?

Well, technically, it is not since we are not aloud to modify the body or the car for suspension mounting, but there is no performance advantage, so I certianly am not going to throw a fit over it. But I'm learning a painfull lesson right now with my bimmer, just because it has no effect on performance, increases safety, and looks better, you are not aloud to do it since everyone may not be able to do it exactly like me.

I think your car looks great, and I hope there aren't any complications regarding your swaybar.

Well there is questions about the rear sway bar is it legal all i did was mount it to the same location as the oe bar was located.And i cut through the spare tire compartment.I guess i could have pounded up the spare tire sheet metal and not cut the hole i cut,but i thought that would be the cleanest way to do it.What do the rest of you think?

Brandon,

I think the sway bar should be non issue, even if it is not legal to the letter of the law.

The easiest way to make it legal is to build a spacer under the sway bar mounting tab so the bar sit under the spare tire well.

Well what if i cut the whole back of the car off spare tire area that is and ran a fuel cell then there will be no spare tire area to even worry about.If this is going to be an a problem for national race then i will not go and just run norcal stuff because nobody has an issue up here.Or maybe ill just run ITE SCCA with the car.

Technically illegal but I never brought it up because "who really cares" it is not a performance advantage and I would consider it a "weenie protest".

Like Andrie says though if you want it to be legal just use spacers to lower it down.

I understand the rule said that if it doesn't specify you can do it, you can't. Sometime people really hold onto this wording. But IMHO, common sense should prevail.

The rule says:

g) Sway bars of unrestricted origin may be used, but may not be adjustable while the vehicle is in

motion.

The bar is bolted to the stock location. All he did is make some clearances to clear a straight through bar.

This is the cheapest and easiest solution. IMHO, this is the case, that common sense should say it is ok, as it makes no performance advantage this way compare to building a spacer to bring the bar down.

I understand the rule said that if it doesn't specify you can do it, you can't. Sometime people really hold onto this wording. But IMHO, common sense should prevail.

The rule says:

g) Sway bars of unrestricted origin may be used, but may not be adjustable while the vehicle is in

motion.

The bar is bolted to the stock location. All he did is make some clearances to clear a straight through bar.

This is the cheapest and easiest solution. IMHO, this is the case, that common sense should say it is ok, as it makes no performance advantage this way compare to building a spacer to bring the bar down.

^What he said

I just talked to Andrie and i will drop the bar down with some alum spacers.Dont want to bend the rules at all.And just to let everyone know that is the onle after market part on my car all control arms are stock.I guess i will fix this before nationals.