Grand Am - Test Days & Rolex 24

tacovini

I'm heading to Daytona on Wednesay for the Test Days, anyone else going?

Want to pull together an informal AI/CMC Daytona Dinner one nite?

-=- Todd

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tacovini

• swhiteh3

• robbodleimages

• stevepoe

Sounds like more folks will be there for the big show later in the month. I'll scope out a few places this weekend and maybe we could plan on an AI/CMC get-together on the 28th (or 29th) for dinner and adult libations.

-=- Todd

PS- Hmmm...perhaps we could check with our friends over at GRM and become a part of their party.

I have family in Daytona , we visit often . oceandeck is a good time, good food ,excellent choice . mai tai's over by the hillton next to bubba gumps is excellent as well . best burgers in dayton and the frozen mai tai 's are very good as well.

Its better than 50/50 that we will have a Mustang GS entry in the Continental Tire race on Friday of Rolex weekend.

Our financial situation is not solid enough to say for sure, but I was told this morning that we have one driver committed and a second driver who will run if we dont find anyone else.

The car is ready but its unlikely that we will make the test, but even that is possible at this moment.

Hey Rob, if you run out of money, each of us can show up with $500 and run three laps. Sure, we'll lose a lot of track position doing driver changes, but then we can all say we ran a Grand-Am Cup race!

I'm guessing if you use some decent NASA racers you won't loose that much time. I've seen the paying hacks that several of the teams use and know for a fact that many real NASA racer have run circles around them.

Hope you make the field,

Sidney

Well...the Oceandeck was a good call. Great seafood beer and sights. This will be tough to top for AI/CMC get together. Lollipops may be too distracting to discuss racing but Ill check it out tomorrow night!

• Members

What happens at the Oceandeck, STAYS at the Oceandeck. I've had some good times there before....many moons ago. But that's all I'll say about that...

Ed

Smooth Operator

Chris- Let me know if you're seriously considering this. I'm probably heading down either Thursday night or Friday night, and driving back Sunday night. I might jump in on a car pool on the way down, but I think I'm driving back with my wife... (She's heading down there earlier in the week - she has numerous patients in the paddock who like to see her during the week...)

Lollipops
save your money... trust me . they have no good looking sexy Women in Daytona in strip clubs. I've tried them all.

try this place. it's pretty decent . I don't know about you Todd but I'd rather look at sexy women with clothes on then ugly women naked.

http://coliseumatnight.com/

Let's plan on an AI/CMC get together at the Ocean Deck at 7PM Friday the 29th.

There's an evening practice Thursday nite so I'll likely have to work.

I still want to check in on the GRM big top tent activities as well and see when a good nite to drop there will be.

Here's a pic of some of the Continental practice..-

www.theracesite.com/index.cfm?template= ... oto_num=16

I have a date with the wind tunnel for "zero" shift (starting at 1am) on Friday morning. I'm going to figure out a way down on Friday, and depending on team commitments I may or may not be able to make it for the get together. Sounds like fun.