Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Greg G.

• smokinjoe

• Shawn M.

In my unofficial opinion:

Soon

Maybe

Speculation runs rampant this time of year, but we'll just have to wait until Greg releases the new rules. He released the 2010 rules in late November 2009. Our first event in 2011 is on January 8-9, so the Florida region drivers await word with great anticipation.

from here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37582&start=10

PT rules expected out Dec 15.

2010 Hoosier contingency forms due by Dec 15th as well.

After that date, they're just paper. I know I wait EVERY year for the new rules to decide what class I want to run. It's really nice to order tires FOR the class you want to be legal in!

If nothing else, how about some hints as to what is changing?

have you talked with Tim at Hoosier to see if they can be flexible on shipping out your tires until you've confirmed your size & compound will be legal?

have you talked with Tim at Hoosier to see if they can be flexible on shipping out your tires until you've confirmed your size & compound will be legal?

No. I've always understood those dates as 'Hard' dates with Hoosier. Maybe I'm wrong but never tried to extend as I'm happy to have the contingency's we have!

Btw, any 2011 renewal rumors from Hoosier?

• National Staff
from here:

After that date, they're just paper. I know I wait EVERY year for the new rules to decide what class I want to run. It's really nice to order tires FOR the class you want to be legal in!

No planned changes to the R-Comp tire points. There are a lot of little things that need to be cleaned up. I only had 350 e-mails with over 500 suggestions for TT/PT/ST Rules changes this year

All Evo's will move to TTS and TTU, though , especially if they won championships last year.

just kidding.

No planned changes to the R-Comp tire points. There are a lot of little things that need to be cleaned up. I only had 350 e-mails with over 500 suggestions for TT/PT/ST Rules changes this year

All Evo's will move to TTS and TTU, though , especially if they won championships last year.

just kidding.

Sweet, now I can slap on that huge turbo I've been putting off w/o regret!

Thanks for the hints - keep em coming.

that is good news about the R-comps not changing

but just to be fair and throw water on the fire... tires are one of the easiest things to change to get points back if other changes suddenly put you a point or two over.

But are the changes really going to be that numerous? Likely not... right??

I don't think the rules need much changing much.

I ran in TTD at CMS this year in the s2000 against a SRT-4.

So a RWD NA 2 seater vs a FWD turbo 4 seater and there was only a few tenths between us.

Another TTD example: I run a 2400lb 165rwhp supercharged Miata, and I'm chasing the driver of a 3193lb 235rwhp Mustang. Both are rear-drive, but very different types of cars. We're usually very close to each other, but he's always prevailed.

from here:

Anything else you can leak?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's shopping for a potential new ride!

• National Staff
any examples of little things needing cleaned up ?

Jon

009 TTB G/L Champion

All Porsche cars move up by one class.

• National Staff

We are shooting for Dec 15th publish date for the PT and ST Rules (TT also, but as usual, the TT drivers really only need the PT and ST Rules in order to class their cars if the TT Rules get delayed for any reason).

We are shooting for Dec 15th publish date for the rules

That's the Hoosier contingency redemption deadline. Oh wait...that's not really funny. leaving.gif

All Contingency Awards must be claimed by December 15th of the same year in which the award was earned. Requests received after this date will be denied.

We are shooting for Dec 15th publish date for the rules

That's the Hoosier contingency redemption deadline. Oh wait...that's not really funny. leaving.gif

All Contingency Awards must be claimed by December 15th of the same year in which the award was earned. Requests received after this date will be denied.

Got a little leeway on the deadline last year, no such luck this year.

• Members
How are we looking for the 15th?

Im confident the 15th will be here right on schedule, to the second!

The rules?? They will get here when they get here.

• National Staff

Both the 15th and the PT and ST Rules should arrive tomorrow.

TT Rules will be delayed (probably until the 20th or 21st). All TT Classing will continue to mirror PT and ST exactly, so you can use those rules for builds. If we find any problems with the PT or ST Rules, we can fix them before releasing the TT Rules.

Both the 15th and the PT and ST Rules should arrive tomorrow.

Thanks to all you guys for your hard work. We wouldn't be having all this fun without y'all.

We wouldn't be having all this fun without y'all.

No Points mod #62

Any vendor supplying parts for any of the above free mods, with a decal display on the side of competing vehicle, must provide those parts for free to said vehicle.