2012 AI Rules Update

tacovini

All Rule Change Requests (RCR's) have been submitted and there really aren't a whole lot of requested changes. (Which is a good thing!) The obvious big ticket items being worked are the spec tire and the Ford Racing ABS review...and of course the review of parity between old and new cars.

Unfortunately, we were unable to complete the ABS testing & data gathering at our last event due to some damage to the test vehicle during one of the races. We'll continue to strive for more data (in addition to what we have), however, at this point the annual rules review process must continue. I've got a 1st pass draft of the rules and will continue discussions with the regional AI directors later this week.

Thanks for your patience and stay tuned guys....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UBR

• svttim

• Red Tornado

• firehawkclone

All Rule Change Requests (RCR's) have been submitted and there really aren't a whole lot of requested changes. (Which is a good thing!) The obvious big ticket items being worked are the spec tire and the Ford Racing ABS review...and of course the review of parity between old and new cars.

Thanks for your patience and stay tuned guys....

(Fingers crossed a standard maximum track width ruling makes it in the books..... in the name of parity ya' know!)

Also sounds like 2012 spec tire announcement is gonna happen within next few weeks. Will be nice to have everything wrapped by Thanksgiving. Nice job Todd.

Also sounds like 2012 spec tire announcement is gonna happen within next few weeks. Will be nice to have everything wrapped by Thanksgiving. Nice job Todd.

Now that would be good news

How about some gossip to stir the pot a little......

Heard from an inside guy at Hankook that a major announcement was coming about Kooks being the spec tire of an amateur racing series...

Could it be American Iron??

Tirerackwholesale has them at $213 for 18"..

How about some gossip to stir the pot a little......

Heard from an inside guy at Hankook that a major announcement was coming about Kooks being the spec tire of an amateur racing series...

Could it be American Iron??

Tirerackwholesale has them at $213 for 18"..

Hope it's gossip. Hankook is probably the worst tire company to do business with - supply is terrible. Also, ask Tire Rack if they are going to come to the track and support you guys with Hankook.

Oh and before you go and shoot me - I'm a Hankook Motorsports dealer and a long time Tire Rack dealer.

Hope it's gossip. Hankook is probably the worst tire company to do business with - supply is terrible. Also, ask Tire Rack if they are going to come to the track and support you guys with Hankook.

Oh and before you go and shoot me - I'm a Hankook Motorsports dealer and a long time Tire Rack dealer.

I ran some Hankooks this year....AWESOME is all I can say, my experience may be the exception but grip like an A maybe better, wore like an R..

BUT...yes availability and dealing with the company BUT then again..their sponsored drivers get lots of sticker tires for free and sell them to guy's like us at a nice discount supply issue solved

I ran some Hankooks this year....AWESOME is all I can say, my experience may be the exception but grip like an A maybe better, wore like an R..

BUT...yes availability and dealing with the company BUT then again..their sponsored drivers get lots of sticker tires for free and sell them to guy's like us at a nice discount supply issue solved

They could care less about the American Amateur Motorsports community......

The regional directors held a teleconference last week and reviewed/discussed a first draft of the 2012 rules. (Please don't bug your regional director for info, as they are sworn to secrecy and can be shot for sharing non-public info prior to them being official ). Lots of good debate and discussion and we are honing in on V2 of the rules with a potential 2nd teleconference this week for our few remaining items. Again...stay tuned...

Loved the Hankooks on my street car, but this is the first I heard about them in American Iron.

For what it is worth going forward - all the Toyo dealers and AI, if Toyo ends up being the chosen tire, will have Kim (my wife) to thank. She spoke with Toyo yesterday and got the cost reduced on the 275/35R18 RA-1.

She loves you guys.....

Edited by Guest

For what it is worth going forward - all the Toyo dealers and AI, if Toyo ends up being the chosen tire, will have Kim (my wife) to thank. She spoke with Toyo yesterday and got the cost reduced on the 235/75R18 RA-1.

She loves you guys.....

Do they come in snow tires too?

and got the cost reduced on the 275/35R18 RA-1.

Reduced to what?

j

Not the price they reduce the size to 17

Just joking. Thanks for helping make the issue more balanced, I am sure the was some help from NASA as well, but this is just a guess on my part.

• 2 weeks later...

We're putting the push on to get the 2012 AI rules out this week so you guys can go out to your garages after eating Turkey. Stay tuned for updates and information....

We're putting the push on to get the 2012 AI rules out this week so you guys can go out to your garages after eating Turkey. Stay tuned for updates and information....

Turkeys in the oven

Last time I checked my calendar, "this week" meant/means Saturday (26 Nov), that being the end of the week.

I'm pretty sure it was the "so you guys can go out to your garages after eating Turkey." comment that gave us the impression he was referring to today.

Or maybe he meant we can all go out in the garage today and wait until Saturday.

j

Same old story.

Pack it in My GM brothers. We are done! This is were my car will stay with no NASA stickers on it. It really sucks they have turned their backs on us.

0db1ec3a.jpg