anyone running TTF at the 2013 nationals, need competition

grasshopper

I just started running TTF in July and looking to go to nationals if there will be enough people to run TTF, I'm from the southeast and been killing all the TTF records at whatever track I've been to, so I'm looking for the best TTF guys to give them a run for there money this year

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robpkz

• kbrew8991

• CWeber

• cucamelsmd15

buying a house this year... so if you're sponsoring me I'll make it. Maybe... if I can get out of work too, as it falls right across an entire month-end close, so that's a big thing to ask for. Also I imagine somewhere between now and then the fiance will want a wedding and honeymoon trip. Alot of cards stacked against me right now. Plus I've got more of a Mid-O car than a Miller car...

In previous years that I couldn't make I've offered my car up for TX region people to take and compete with, but so far no one has been brave/foolish/etc enough to do it. Help me talk someone into it...

this will be the only year I'm going to run TTF at nationals if there even is a TTF run group, just trying to get you guys jacked up to run

ken you would need to shave atleast 2 seconds off your A game

this will be the only year I'm going to run TTF at nationals if there even is a TTF run group, just trying to get you guys jacked up to run

ken you would need to shave atleast 2 seconds off your A game

who are you?

and which track are you talking?

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the old TTF times in the SE were with my old street car, about 100-150lbs overweight, and on RA1s - so congrats I guess? Oh and at Nationals they do care that you have a 100% legal car. Just so you know.

Why don't you make a trip out to Hallett for the Summer Shootout? And put a cage in it and run PTF as well

the car is 100% legal. just so you know, it was inspected and you can ask Jeff Kay about it, he knows everything about it, he's running a integra ls now in TTF and ran a 1:49.2 in it at rd Atlanta this weekend, owe and these times were on toyo r1r street tires. so come out to nationals with your car that's not overweight now and run, hey dude I'm just trying to get people jacked to run so no hard feelings

good to hear that you're meeting minimum weight, staying under max whp, and have fixed the piddly stuff like side skirts and facias all that now. Good luck @ Nats if you're running that kind of time in a legal car then if you can learn Miller you should do very well.

the car is 100% legal. just so you know, it was inspected and you can ask Jeff Kay about it, he knows everything about it, he's running a integra ls now in TTF and ran a 1:49.2 in it at rd Atlanta this weekend, owe and these times were on toyo r1r street tires. so come out to nationals with your car that's not overweight now and run, hey dude I'm just trying to get people jacked to run so no hard feelings

Then you wont mind sharing your points sheet, right?

Then you wont mind sharing your points sheet, right?

I LOVE sharing my points and dyno sheets! Baffles people that think I'm cheating.

mid Ohio, np

points 195 street tires -2, shocks 3, springs 2, rear sway bar 2, header 2, intake 1, cat delete 1, jdm integra front end 3, integra ls TTF* all together TTF 19 points

the thing is the driver not the car

points 195 street tires -2, shocks 3, springs 2, rear sway bar 2, header 2, intake 1, cat delete 1, jdm integra front end 3, integra ls TTF* all together TTF 19 points
mid ohio time for ttf is weak, i see a 1:44 at least by looking at the tte records the ttf time should be within 3 seconds

Hmm, I'm not so sure about 3 seconds. 128whp and 2529lbs right? I'm at 139whp and 2385lbs (TTE base) and 205 Hoosiers on 15x8 wheels.

Pretty sure 195 street tires aren't going to cut it.

Mid-O is an oversized autocross, that'd be interesting to see either way.

Statements like that will get people to use your words, "jacked", that's for sure. The no hard feelings part might be a little tougher to pull off though

im just trying to get people to run TTF at nationals this year, its not my fault if they take things the wrong way, man up and run let your actions speak for your words cause i will be there if there is a TTF class this year

and with mid ohio looks like im going to have to make a trip out there this year and set a new time, lol

You have 3 opportunities before Nationals to show us this 1:44 you speak of for MidOhio. Tell us when you plan to show up and we'll try to make sure we are at the same event with our TTF/PTF g20 if our schedule and finances allow it.

Here are the dates for you:

April 26-28 2013 • Mid-Ohio

July 26-28 2013 • Mid-Ohio

August 23-25 2013 • Mid-Ohio

I can't make the April event already signed up for sebring, but I can aim for the August option if that works with you,thanks looking forward to running with you guys

the question is will you guys be going to nationals this year

mid Ohio, np

Interesting. So, you're not taking the +2 for side skirts that your car has that aren't stock.

100% legal, huh?

mid Ohio, np

Interesting. So, you're not taking the +2 for side skirts that your car has that aren't stock.

100% legal, huh?

DOH!

Best read up and make sure you are legal at Nationals because we have seen people getting kicked out of class on several occasions!

I can't make the April event already signed up for sebring, but I can aim for the August option if that works with you,thanks looking forward to running with you guys

the question is will you guys be going to nationals this year

^ Are you offering to sponsor us to go? I tried so hard to get people interested last year and in the end only Walter Carlos was left in registered for TTF class but you have a much better chance for RX7s from the west coast area this year. I was just happy we had 5 people in PTF at least. You might get more responses in the time Trial forum though. Here is where I tried to get people interested last year which turned into a saga of many pages if you are bored and wanted to read up: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53982

I'd recommend you start a new thread there trying to drum up business where more time trial folks tend to hang out.

Meanwhile, we will be at Gateway next weekend March 23rd and 24th with Central Region if you wanted to run with some other TTF entries! 1 person already registered in TTF and it would be easy enough for us to move to TTF instead if you showed up. Here is that info: http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1522

EDIT: And here is the entry list for Gateway as well

http://www.drivenasacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?335-Entry-List