When are you guys going go post some videos????

Steve91T

• Members

Dave, appreciate the comments. We can agree to disagree You are right, using the decision review process is not something drivers should be afraid of. Its not being a whiner, its ensuring decision quality. I make more mistakes than most, I'll openly admit it! As a matter of fact, I usually recommend that drivers consider appealing. Hell, I even drove Anders around to find Jerry so he could start the process

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn

• Al F.

• wastntim

• suck fumes1548534743

Your definition of the end of pit lane is the end of the blend line. Mine is the end of the wall for the guys already on track. Thats why clarity during drivers meetings is so important. Again, every time I've been RD of a group and a section of paved surface is auto penalty its been brought up clearly during our meetings.

Al, I appreciate you taking the time to respond and don't want to harp on this issue, but based upon your interpretation, it is perfect legal to go over that curbing. Then why would anyone go around it. It clearly makes the turn much longer. Based upon your interpretation, I would expect that every racer would begin turning in just past the pit wall. It makes the corner substantially shorter.

I'm going to guess that everyone knew that and that's why I will also guess that it was not used as a regular part of the track during the weekend races.

We can agree to disagree on how to define that section of pavement but we cannot disagree on what makes sense.

Your definition of the end of pit lane is the end of the blend line. Mine is the end of the wall for the guys already on track. Thats why clarity during drivers meetings is so important. Again, every time I've been RD of a group and a section of paved surface is auto penalty its been brought up clearly during our meetings.

Al, I appreciate you taking the time to respond and don't want to harp on this issue, but based upon your interpretation, it is perfect legal to go over that curbing. Then why would anyone go around it. It clearly makes the turn much longer. Based upon your interpretation, I would expect that every racer would begin turning in just past the pit wall. It makes the corner substantially shorter.

I'm going to guess that everyone knew that and that's why I will also guess that it was not used as a regular part of the track during the weekend races.

We can agree to disagree on how to define that section of pavement but we cannot disagree on what makes sense.

You can race down there but thats not the fastest way through that cornner.

Unless it is at the start.

If that part of the track was like the rest of the track and on the other side of it was dirt, people might try to avoid that. But because it is paved, and no one said you couldnt, why not? Coming out of 1 I use the start of the cut though as my exit.

It comes down to it should have been mentioned during the meetings to be deemed illegal. You can DQ someone as an after thought. Oh yeah i forgot to tell you, you cant do that.

But if you think about it like our rules, it is a gray area, thus it is illegal and Anders is our new champ!!!! again.

[quote="bluebanditYou can race down there but thats not the fastest way through that cornner.

Unless it is at the start.

I can guaranty that if you tried to race down there, you would be black flagged.

I amend my previous statement:

3:43 not blocking

8:45 blocking

Past kink, before turn in

- Started middle track

- Moved right to stop the pass on the inside

- Moved back left, past middle to take away the run on the outside

10:28 not blocking

The angle of exiting the kink and setting up for the right hand turn does allow for some movement, but the move at 8:45 goes beyond.

That is some of the most conservative driving I have ever seen haha. You could have easily passed the mustang with your torque advantage especially a couple times coming down the front straight, but you checked up way early?? Why? That firebird is wicked fast when you were smooth and had some really good runs on the leader but then gave up at the end of the straight.

It was the first race of the Nationals and I wanted no body contact. I took my second place and was happy with that. the second place finish in the first race and fourth on the second race put me on the front row for the big show. If I would have pushed it in Thunder valley at the end of the vid....Risky , or forced the issue at the beginning in madness body contact was likely also the car was for sale and I did not want to bang it up any more than it was. Now if it was the last 8 laps of the Championship...A completely different story