• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mwilson7

• EFisher12

• mansier

• pederb

Easy there fellas!

Since CMC is part of American Iron now, don't our car counts go towards the total? I'd be suprised if we have less than 25 CMC cars at Fontana, let alone the entries for the AI/X guys.

• Members

That is right. CMC was the thing that started the AI idea and it sure is part of American Iron. I bet $10.00 that the west coast will have the largest car count for the 1st points race of the season!!

I believe Mr. Wilson's original bet was for just AI and AIX. In that case, I will gladly take the $10 bet for the first event of the year! Our CMC bet will have to wait a few years. We have 20 AI and AIX cars (combined) coming to our first OH/IN event at Nashville. Beat that!

LM

Who concedes the $10 CMC bet.

Well, Since "American Iron" consists of CMC/AI/AIX, we hope to be in the Top 3 for car count! Expecting ~17 total cars at Motorsport Ranch March 6/7. (~13 AI)

Let's put this whole CMC vs AI thing to rest once and for all. It's American Iron racing. Car Count is car count...full fields of 40 similar cars is what we're after.

Let's face it, CMC needs AI just as much as AI needs CMC.

We've lost many CMC racers over the years because they wanted more power and better handling...and conversely, we've lost many AI racers because the cost of that power & handling became too much for them. Now having both joined at the hip should allow folks to migrate up and down if need be. Every sport has got a "burnt out" factor, and this American Iron configuration has got it minimized.

I'm looking forward to a great year of American Iron racing and will watch the other regions more than I ever have!!!

What's the record combined car count, anyway? 32? VIR??

Todd Covini

Anyone want to place some bets on which region will have the largest turnout of AI/X cars at their first race?

I don't know if we will have the largest turnout, BUT I know we will have the fastest AI/X cars! I will put my $10.00 on that.

I agree with Todd 100%. Lets rename the 3 AI classes so they sound like they are part of the same group. AI stock, AI modified, AI super modified. I look forward to racing with the stock class here on the East Coast.

Well, everybody knows for sure which region has the fastest AI cars.

Well we know which region HAD the fastest AI cars!!

Are the CMC cars running AI banners and running at all of the AI races? If so then they count.

• Members

Virginia had 30 cars take the green in Oct at VIR and California had 29 in March at Cal Speedway (then 28 at Willow in May).

Virginia is indeed the KING!

BTW- We are not renaming the classes.

With regards to renaming........ what is someone shows up with a Firebird or other car that meets the AI/AIX criteria, but it more prepared and setup as a CMC car? Where would they have to race in AI and get their puts kicked or are there provisions in place to allow them to run in CMC against similar cars. I think that is why some say that perhaps renaming CMC is a good idea.

• Members

Read your question... "what is someone shows up with a Firebird or other car that meets the AI/AIX criteria, but it more prepared and setup as a CMC car?" It is AI/AIX or a CMC prep? Either way it will fit in either class that it is prepared to.

Peder - Thanks, I didn't know that.

Ryan - I could have worded that better. I was asking about a car that meets the requirements to run in AI/X ( for example, an old Charger perhaps), but the car is only modified enough that it would fit in a CMC-type group...... where would it race?

Hey if we call it AI - Supermodified maybe they will let us run in the Billy Vukovich Classic up at Madera!

The East coast did run with the Grand Am Cup series in '03. Who knows if that will happen again??