Pick the Nationals Class winner contest?? East vs West??

Red Tornado

Well, when I went to check, the lap time i was looking at was from 99...

BUt it seems that at the 2005 Runoffs the track record was set for SSC, which was a 1:47.5 That would have been the club course.

However.. that's in a Mini Cooper, which I am not sure if it is a TTF car.

But.. fastest Neon ACR was a 1:48.960, which is a TTF car. (even though if I put all those parts on a base neon it's TTG.. which means a TTG car CAN run a 1:48)

Jon K

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shawn M.

• FocusTed

• racerjon1

• kbrew8991

Spec Focus (a TTE car)

Just curious - if you add up by points, does a Spec Focus really fall in TTE? Seems like with those tires, weight reduction, etc it might add up more?

Please don't interpret this as trash talk in any way, I really am just curious. I find the Spec Focus cars very intriguing, seems like a good package for some of the prices I've heard tossed around by some of the Capaldi guys.

I guess this means...if Shawn wins it's all the car. If he looses...hahaha. (THAT you can interpret as trash talk).

- Mark

It depends on the car, but most of them will fall with in the TTE, but you also got to remember all Spec Car is taking full points on Mods even though there could be other mods that will gain more speed then the Spec Mods.

If you look at a Spec Focus Suspension it's not really anything more then a street suspension with soft springs... But for the same mod points you could have a suspension that might be 2 seconds faster, So even though the SF has to take the full 4 points for the suspension, it's really only worth maybe 2 points.

Also if you look at a 2.0L Zetec (based at TTF) it needs 22+mod points to match an SVT Focus (bases at TTE) HP/Wt ratio and brakes.

This is one of the reasons why NASA classed the NASA race cars in class. If you look at the other NASA classes, the SF is slightly slower then a SM and SER cup car which are TTD cars, and slight faster then a Spec Neon (which is a slower TTE car).

Good points Ted.

Like I said, it's an interesting platform. I was a little surprised after seeing some of the times they put down at MidOhio. Then I talked to some of the Capaldi crew and helped the Ford Racing guys with some pictures, all of whom are top notch people.

Definetely something I'd consider if/when I build a "real" wheel to wheel race car. The other thing that tempts me is a 944, yeah I know I'm all over the place...

- Mark

Good points Ted.

Like I said, it's an interesting platform. I was a little surprised after seeing some of the times they put down at MidOhio. Then I talked to some of the Capaldi crew and helped the Ford Racing guys with some pictures, all of whom are top notch people.

Definetely something I'd consider if/when I build a "real" wheel to wheel race car. The other thing that tempts me is a 944, yeah I know I'm all over the place...

- Mark

Well, with Leo and the gang there, you're in a great region to run a Spec Focus. They have been great. They have help me out so much in this project.

Also, I believe their cars are alittle faster then my car. My car is not up to full spec yet.

• Members
I guess this means...if Shawn wins it's all the car. If he looses...hahaha. (THAT you can interpret as trash talk).

- Mark

Oh great! Now I HAVE to win or throw myself on the knife!!

The wife will thank you for that too.

From all the yackity yack around here, sounds like ALL the TT records will not only fall, but be completely destroyed!?

I guess thats what Nationals is all about eh!

A 48.6?? OMG, D@n doesnt have a chance!

• Members
If you're in TTF, and you outrun all of TTF and say, TTE... do you get 2 trophies?

(/smack talk mode off)

Im pretty sure you will get protested instead!

If you beat me, ill give you a pair of D's to go with the TT's on your car!

• Members
:lol:

Speaking of which, ill be there at the track on Wed morning. I fergit who offered me BEER just to show up! Ill have all day with empty hands, who's gonna keep a cold one in my palm?

Ken, what color is your car?? Maybe ill cut some D's for you and bring them with me? eh??

If you're in TTF, and you outrun all of TTF and say, TTE... do you get 2 trophies?

(/smack talk mode off)

Im pretty sure you will get protested instead!

If you beat me, ill give you a pair of D's to go with the TT's on your car!

Ds?

Its red with black trim, and my graphics are white. I'll ask my vynil guy what font we're using so you guys can be sure it matches

besides, I'm 90% sure I'll be the only 2nd gen (90-95) MR2 there. outta be easy to spot

:lol:

Speaking of which, ill be there at the track on Wed morning. I fergit who offered me BEER just to show up! Ill have all day with empty hands, who's gonna keep a cold one in my palm?

Ken, what color is your car?? Maybe ill cut some D's for you and bring them with me? eh??

Remember Shawn,

"WE" have to work on the Car Wed Morning.

• Members
[Ds?

I have to plain eberyting to you mon'?

D as in TTD as in.... oh never mind....!

Remember Shawn,

"WE" are going shopping with YOUR wife!

• Members
Its red with black trim, and my graphics are white. I'll ask my vynil guy what font we're using so you guys can be sure it matches

besides, I'm 90% sure I'll be the only 2nd gen (90-95) MR2 there. outta be easy to spot

Oh goodie!! Im good at creating really nice... additions to peoples cars in vynil! Lemme know what font so Ican start a cuttin!

[Ds?

I have to plain eberyting to you mon'?

D as in TTD as in.... oh never mind....!

Remember Shawn,

"WE" are going shopping with YOUR wife!

Mindy is my new Crew Chief.... Since my old Crew Chief wanted to drive a Spec Miata instead. Because of this, my old CC just became the "Crew".

• Members

Mindy is my new Crew Chief.... Since my old Crew Chief wanted to drive a Spec Miata instead. Because of this, my old CC just became the "Crew".

Ill buy her chocolate and ice cream and give her a brain freeze.

That doesn't work on here. But, buy her a Margarita and she'll do anything after that.

Shawn, I keep telling "YOU" brain freezes are for wimps!!! It's all in yer "HEAD"!!!!! BTW This is MINDY the "HAWK"!!! Watch out!

Remember "WE" are on the same Airplane to Ohio......

Edited by Guest

That doesn't work on here. But, buy her a Margarita and she'll do anything after that.

Mindy writes Shhhh!!!!!! I have a good relationship with Jose.

Mindy writes Shhhh!!!!!! I have a good relationship with Jose.

Mindy needs to get her own acount and stop hijacking Ted/Johns!

Shawn, You have been "Hawked"!! I'll explain on the flight.

Yes, I've hijacked Ted's account again. MS