• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greg G.

• warrtalon

• Shawn M.

• kbrew8991

• National Staff

I think that the Super Touring (ST) Rules may get approved and posted today (which all of the TTS, TTU, and TTR guys can use to class with since there is a direct crossover), but it looks like the TT/PT rules will probably have to wait until after this weekend to get approved due to the 25 Hour, as our NASA Execs are not available to read and approve the new TT Encyclopedia. I'll see what I can do, though. There are still some base classing issues that I'm dealing with, that had to wait until ST (TTS,TTU,TTR) approval to work out. This is definitely a huge step for NASA TT and racing.

Sorry to everyone if they end up delayed a few days. It's not from a lack of trying or work. I've been putting in 18+ hour days at the computer working on these things for over a month (between working the real job that pays for the electricity bills).

Oh there's no doubt you've been working your arse off to provide us with a great venue in which we can compete... I'm just bored at work and anxious to read some new rules! "Super Touring", I can't wait!

Greg, We all appreciate the time and effort you put into this. All I can say is thank you for all your effort and long hours! Even though some of use may complain or argue, rules are important, with out them the biggest wallet will win, with them others have a chance. I am really interested in seeing the HP/weight rules, as these will have the biggest effect on me. But I have a lot of track time ahead of me before anything matters, I’m still HPDE, and will be for some time to come.

the new TT Encyclopedia

Sounds ominous!

I also appreciate all the work you've done, I know 11/30 was a target date so if it ends up being next week that's fine.

I'm just jealous there is still racing on the west coast, while the season is done here in Ohio and I have nothing better to do except wait for the new rules.

- Mark

Super Touring.... Well the name sounds really cool!

Greg good work on all these TT and PT and now ST class rules.

I have been involved with the 944 spec class development starting back in 2002. That has involved alot of work and thinking yet only has 1 size engine, 1 chassis and 6 model years to work with.

I have no idea how you have been able to keep all the different cars in TT, PT and ST straight. Amazing really.

I'm just jealous there is still racing on the west coast, while the season is done here in Ohio and I have nothing better to do except wait for the new rules.

- Mark

Here in Arizona our 944 spec championship has yet to be decided. We still have one more weekend Dec 9,10th to finalize the top 3 spots with two guys seperated by only 1 point after each completing 12 races.

Oh... It did get cold here yesterday.... High was 60 low was 40.

to help save on peoples printer paper cost. when printing out the new rules , i hope greg took it easy on the number of *s on the little honda s2000. 1 * only please

to help save on peoples printer paper cost. when printing out the new rules , i hope greg took it easy on the number of *s on the little honda s2000. 1 * only please

I hope it's even better than 1 *....no *'s, cause you get bumped a whole class.

Just yanking your chain....with a little hope mixed in.

• Members
When we all get to find out just how S.O.L. we are?!?!

Greg, get your riot gear on

Pshhhh.... your S.O.L. with or without the rules.

Why arent you in the 25hr race? You've won everything else!

• Members
soooo is today the day?

No.

Tomorrow? Thats a no too.

Monday? Roger that, big fat NO.

Tuesday.....? Negatory.

Wednesday? Oh, do you see the light? There it isnt!

Thursday? Hmm, well maybe. Maybe not. Mostly maybe not.

Friday? "Well see". (Thats parent talk for NO.)

Saturday? Check back then. If I can drag Greg from the Bars, you might see something....

Greg, I just read in another post in this forum that brake rotors will NOT be assessed points for 07. I just want to confirm that is a correct statement. For example, I could replace my OEM rotors with slotted (or drilled or both) rotors, and not be assessed mod points? Is it safe to assume, though, that uprated calipers will be assessed points? I need new calipers worse than rotors, but want to make sure before I buy the crappy OEM model.

Thanks,

Vince

Oh, I guess I should be extra clear and ask if the TT setup is going to be used (officially) for NASA-X classification...

• National Staff

Yes, Yes, and I don't know yet.

Rotors will not be assessed. Calipers will still be assessed. We won't write the NASA-X rules until the TT rules are Official, and they won't necesarily be the same. In fact, I'm almost sure that we will make some changes for NASA-X.

Ok, I have a follow up question...

Is there already a precursory NASA-X or skeleton to build from (aside from building from the previous set, obviously), or will there have to be a total rework starting from scratch once the TT rules are complete? So, I guess what I'm essentially asking (without trying to sound inflamatory) is whether it's reasonable to hope for a NASA-X ruleset sometime sooner than later.

I'm still waiting to rebuild that engine, and it's about to become more of a mandatory project than a fun one. Since I have to order a larger perctentage of parts from the UK, I need to get that process started. If you would be willing...

Wait, hold that thought...

I'm going to PM you...

Thanks for the info!

Vince

• National Staff

I think that we will use the '07 TT rules as the skeleton, then perform the "NASA-X rulectomy" from there. I think that the '07 rules will actually be a better ruleset for NASA-X also, because the lighter weight cars are taking some hits this year in base classing (too many years of free rides for them using the past system where we focused more heavily on classing the upper level cars, and straight power/wt. for the G's and H's.) And, tires are getting assessed much more than in the past. Those are probably the two biggest factors in making a car fast in autocross.

I think that we will use the '07 TT rules as the skeleton, then perform the "NASA-X rulectomy" from there. I think that the '07 rules will actually be a better ruleset for NASA-X also, because the lighter weight cars are taking some hits this year in base classing (too many years of free rides for them using the past system where we focused more heavily on classing the upper level cars, and straight power/wt. for the G's and H's.) And, tires are getting assessed much more than in the past. Those are probably the two biggest factors in making a car fast in autocross.

That last bit makes someone driving a '73 Mini a little nervous - low weight AND low power - and mod'd into class G with only 5 points left (34 total)...

• National Staff

I'd get more than a "little" nervous, the old Minis are taking a big hit. It doesn't take much to make a car weighing only 1200-1500 pounds go fast if you can find a little power with mods.

"weighing only 1200-1500 pounds"

woohoo! A GT Lite prepped Mini still weighs in at around 1380lbs! A bone stock street car should weigh in at 1580 dry. Just for trivial information

Hey, I'm curious, have you guys looked at the specs for the 07 MINIs? I'm curious to see whether we or SCCA re-classes that car based on it's previous performance record and based on it new improvements...