Is today the big day?

Pat L.

• National Staff

The are approved and ready, but we're having a major formatting issue when converting from Word to pdf. I'm trying to work it out now. It may take a few hours if I have to dump the whole mess into Notepad and then copy it to Word and reformat.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greg G.

• warrtalon

• Shawn M.

• kbrew8991

Would it be easier if we just gave you our car with a list of mods and you could just respond with the appropriate class?

I'll start--98 M3 . . .

• National Staff

I e-mailed the pdf file to the webmaster a few hours ago. I ended up having to dump the whole file onto notepad to clear off whatever screwed up hidden formatting was causing the problems. I'm not sure if he's posting it tonight. If there is anyone that really wants to read tonight, send me an e-mail and I'll reply back with the pdf file. I'm going to sleep soon, because after 250 hours of work on this computer doing those rules, I'm going racing in the morning--Phoenix Int. Raceway--How's the snow back East, guys?

Thanks for all the hard work!

But damn you & your nice weather out there! It's so cold in my garage that I don't even wanna work on my car

Greg is probably in bed already, but if someone could send them to me, I will stick them on the web, so everyone can have a look.

tom "dot" aiken "at" gmail "dot" com

• National Staff

The PT rules will not have the "Special Circumstances" section, and do not have any provision for the potential 7 point regional waiver by the Regional TT Director.

Just curious, what was the reason for the up classing of all the A1 VWs? I must admit I was pretty suprised to find the base class of my Rabbit (TTF up from TTG*) higher than that of a first gen Mazda RX-7 (unchanged at TTG**)

• Members
Just curious, what was the reason for the up classing of all the A1 VWs? I must admit I was pretty suprised to find the base class of my Rabbit (TTF up from TTG*) higher than that of a first gen Mazda RX-7 (unchanged at TTG**)

He wants us to run GTS instead! or was it because, I have one?

Oh, I remember, its because were so light.....

Edited by Guest

7) Vehicles may not use any systems from the start of competition through the end of the final post-run session inspection that allow adjustment of horsepower levels that would serve to alter Dyno readings.

Uhhh..... I got a 3rd. gen rx7. How exactly am I supposed to controll my boost with out a boost controller???

Dazed and confused. Definately NOT stoned just incredibly stupid perhaps!

-M

PS Thanks for the 2007 rules link, I think.

Seems the 3rd gen RX7s are destined to be surpressed by any means possible. As usual, rules would to appear at least for my car, to put me just over TTS and nowhere near what TTU can be. Anybody got a long rope, gun, pills, anything. I am ready to end it now!

-M

Not that I would disagree seeing as many TT cars are as fast or faster than almost all race cars in NASA, do I understand the must comply with all CCR rules to mean what I think it means?? In other words seperate from HPDE TECH rules of the past?

Again, NOT stoned just incredibly stupid perhaps.

-M

Kyle and Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to help all the rest of us out so expeditiously. Truly appreciated. I'm poring over them.

Why don't we start a SINGLE new thread for 2007 rules questions, so that everyone can benefit, hopefully eliminate some of the workload for Greg, and keep things in ONE place. Anyone else down for that?

7) Vehicles may not use any systems from the start of competition through the end of the final post-run session inspection that allow adjustment of horsepower levels that would serve to alter Dyno readings.

Uhhh..... I got a 3rd. gen rx7. How exactly am I supposed to controll my boost with out a boost controller???

umm, yeah, ditto.

I'm actually running Less peak boost than factory, but i maintain it to redline, where oem drops off. It's non-driver adjustable, as you can't reach it in the harnesses.

But most of us do run boost control. I don't think you can't have a boost controller - you just can't be changing it during the time you go from competition to the dyno, although I don't know how they'd enforce that.

I'm sure it's not possible that they'd randomly outlaw the use of boost controllers on every TTS and TTU car - that would be laughable.

Pepsi, come now, your boost doesn't even peak to 19psi? I'm sure it does, especially in 4th and 5th!

I think I'll be setting up the ecu to handle boost control duties and ditching the mbc before the season starts. I'm still in TTA, with a little room for some changes.

The ECU can't change boost levels, but it's ok if you want to run near-stock boost with less taper. I am running 26psi, so I need a controller unless I want to disconnect the WGA, heh. I am not thinking that will cause a problem, though. My MBC at max setting will not put me over 385whp (my current cutoff for 8.7:1).