How Many are in for ST - SU and What are You Bringin'?

TexaST-1

Kevin, dont worry about the Dodge Cop Coupe as the rules state that:

"Any closed wheel/fendered production vehicle, approved for street use by the D.O.T., T.U.V., or

Japanese government, that complies with all NASA safety requirements in the CCR, and all of

the restrictions and limitations listed below in 7.2 and 7.3 is eligible to compete based on the

“adjustedâ€

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TexaST-1

• Tiger Racing

• AU N EGL

• Falcon

We had a tough weekend of racing here in Arizona. Sunny and 75 degrees. It was great pitting with Greg and his screaming SRT4. As usual Dodges dominated I am looking forward to running with all of you again as soon as I can figure out where to add the 800lbs

I don't know Kevin. That was hard work with Jeremy's Stohr glued to my back all race. Since the sport racers and tube framed IMSA type cars will run in SU I am kind of in between. However I do have a spare motor just begging to be built for SU

Thomas, Actually a Stohr should of had you by 4-6 seconds a lap. It really should not be in our class. It is more or less a closed wheel formula car.

I had wanted to stay a little closer and not have you put me a lap down, but when that Noble oilled down my windshield and car for an entire lap it took about 8 seconds a lap out of me until I could run it off.

I felt bad for the kid in the Yellow RX7 he didn't see it coming and went off hard in turn 13-14. The guy in the Noble stayed on the racing line for an entire lap! Oilling his own tires up and my car!! I had backed out so much to stay on the track James almost caught me.

I'll be in SU (AZ region, maybe a little SoCal) with a mildly modified FFR

ST1 would be nice but FFR with slicks and aero and 2500 lbsmeans 7.5 power to weight and that's only 330 at the wheels.

Probably will not make nationals as it's quite a trek.

Maybe I can run Tom Glenn down...we had a nice race at PIR a few weekends ago until I tried to hard and ended up momentarily backwards.

Is the Viper Comp Coupe ST1 or SU? Don't know their weight and WHP?

PIR10-22-06001.jpg

• 1 month later...
...but when that Noble oilled down my windshield and car for an entire lap it took about 8 seconds a lap out of me until I could run it off.

...The guy in the Noble stayed on the racing line for an entire lap! Oilling his own tires up and my car!!

It was coolant, not oil. Had I known I was losing water, I would have quickly left the line. Sorry to have messed you up.

Thanks for your appology.

It messed up my video as well.

The kid in the yellow RX7 got into the gravel pretty hard.

No big loss, I think I could have kept Glenn from putting me down a lap and I wouldn't have had to run so hard to keep Carol from geting by me.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
It looks like I will be throwing my hat into ST1 with my '02 Corvette Z06 #94.............I think I am going to have to get rid of my stock motor with headers and put my real motor back in.....coupled with a couple of aero mods it may just be competitive. Probably will only be running on DOT tires though.

Probably will only spend time in my area.

I'll not be far behind in getting something together

It looks like I will be throwing my hat into ST1 with my '02 Corvette Z06 #94.............I think I am going to have to get rid of my stock motor with headers and put my real motor back in.....coupled with a couple of aero mods it may just be competitive. Probably will only be running on DOT tires though.

Probably will only spend time in my area.

I'll not be far behind in getting something together

I'll build you a "clone", if you are ready to smile for a long time

I bet it'll be blue...............