Nationals smack

loudes13

Monster.....I hope that you were not insinuating that Rogue Vette was "Mr.Popp"..............

RAFTRACER= Mr.Popp.

Rogue is someone else...........

Depending on what happens with TTS, it will be a Corvette "U,S,A" sweep.....Seems as if there is skepticism within that class that has been manifesting as well as a roadrace class....be interesting to see how that turns out.....Me thinks I already know how it will

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shawn M.

• Rogue Vette

• kbrew8991

• Varkwso

• Members
Monster.....I hope that you were not insinuating that Rogue Vette was "Mr.Popp"..............

RAFTRACER= Mr.Popp.

Rogue is someone else...........

Depending on what happens with TTS, it will be a Corvette "U,S,A" sweep.....Seems as if there is skepticism within that class that has been manifesting as well as a roadrace class....be interesting to see how that turns out.....Me thinks I already know how it will

Nope, I was insinuating that YOU might chime in and fill in the blank! See, that wasnt so hard now was it?

BTW, I dont gamble, I dont pick teams and I damn sure dont pick winners for a championship!

I think I got 2 right? Maybe.

But really, all I really care about is TTE and PTE, the rest is filler!

And oh yeah, seeing if I can take this thread to 11 pages! I WIN!

BTW, I dont gamble, I dont pick teams and I damn sure dont pick winners for a championship!

Really.... I seem to "clearly" recall some previous predictions. Let's see if I can find them....

My clear predictions:

R-Kijora 1:23.xxx - SoCal

U-Free - 1:26.xxx SoCal

S-Lindsey - 1:30.xxx SoCal

A-Warr - 1:33.xxx SoCal

B-Greenbaum - 1:37.xxx SoCal

C-Greenbaum - 1:39.xxx SoCal

D-Bardes - 1:43.xxx OH/IN

E-Gardner - 1:42.xxx SoCal

F-Skillicorn - 1.49.xxx MW

Looks like Socal takes 7 championships out of 9 classes available. Say, why do we have to go all the way to midnowhere to do a championship? I say they should all come to where the champs live and do battle with us Ca Speedway.

Bah I say, they wont show!

Ahh.... it seems as if you do care, just back peddling to save face. Too bad your clear prediction weren't worth the web space they take up.

• Members
My clear predictions:

R-Kijora 1:23.xxx - SoCal

U-Free - 1:26.xxx SoCal

S-Lindsey - 1:30.xxx SoCal

A-Warr - 1:33.xxx SoCal

B-Greenbaum - 1:37.xxx SoCal

C-Greenbaum - 1:39.xxx SoCal

E-Gardner - 1:42.xxx SoCal

Ahh.... it seems as if you do care, just back peddling to save face. Too bad your clear prediction weren't worth the web space they take up.

If you were paying attention, I clearly chose Socal drivers in each class. Supporting the local boys and nothing more.

Saving face? Its a smack talking thread! Admit it, my replies made this thread FUN!

Shhhhhhhhhh im listening to the group A race!

But really, all I really care about is TTE and PTE, the rest is filler!

We missed you in TTE this year Shawn. The last two sessions were the most fun I've had on track since my first time.

Final preditions 3 Corvette Wins, Midwest takes 6 of 9 classes

BTW there's a reason they are classes U.S.& A. , Team America, Team Corvette all the way.

I ment OH/IN not Midwest I always confuse the two because we are in the mid west,

Edited by Guest

*Disclaimer

As this was a smack talk topic, I meant absolutely no disrespect to Mr. Free or Kijora. I had the pleasure of meeting both guy's and they were great. And very good drivers.

Just not Oh-In good.

I do hope they make things right in TTS

And yes please don't confuse me with Mr. Popp. I'm a hack who keeps breaking his own corvette and forgets to torque lugs on others cars. He's a great driver who keeps breaking records and exceeding expectations.

• Members
*Disclaimer

As this was a smack talk topic, I meant absolutely no disrespect to Mr. Free or Kijora. I had the pleasure of meeting both guy's and they were great. And very good drivers.

Just not Oh-In good.

I do hope they make things right in TTS

And yes please don't confuse me with Mr. Popp. I'm a hack who keeps breaking his own corvette and forgets to torque lugs on others cars. He's a great driver who keeps breaking records and exceeding expectations.

I surely hope nobody took this thread seriously! My intentions were all in fun so if I did offend anyone, (except Greenbaum) I didnt indend it that way.

I didnt confuse you guys, since you 2 were the only ones engaging me on the banter so I included the both of you when I could!

Popp: Congrats on the drive, what happened in the race? I was able to hear the play by play but they were fairly vague to all the details. You were in the lead, then got passed, then got it back later. Fess up man, whats the inside scoop?

I had alot of fun last year with all the local boys making me feel very welcome there so I sure missed out on being there this year. I dont think I cant not come next year, I sure missed seeing everyone!

Congrats to all the champs!

*...... I'm a hack who keeps breaking his own corvette .....

Now there is a statement I can relate to lately.....

This has been a fun thread to watch - I sure hope there are no hurt feelings here...

So what are the top 5 in TTU, TTS and TTA???

My predictions.

R-Goldrich 1:25.xxx - OH/IN

U-Popp - 1:27.xxx OH/IN

S-Moser - 1:33.xxx OH/IN

A-Mullen - 1:35.xxx OH/IN

B-Slinkard - 1:38.xxx MW

C-Pretty Boy - 1:40.xxx SoCal

E-Brees - 1:44.xxx OH/IN

Three days, nine track sessions, 165 minutes on track, 80 laps......one fast lap. Good luck to all and be safe out there.

John

Well lets see....

TTR - since my pick went home early with a broken valve I was wrong. Too bad because his past times whould have won the class, but things happen.

TTU - check

TTS - check (?)unofficial

TTA - missed by a hair, but it was an OH/IN guy so I'm proud

TTB - check

TTC - check

TTD - check until the last session Saturday, settled for 2nd

TTE - check

TTF - check

Anyone beat 5 correct picks, 2 seconds and one at the bottom? Times were CRAZY fast!!! Go check out my Regional records and compare.

Graber--like TT wins, you don't get credit for TT winner picks that don't hold up after the last lap is run!

What ended up being the most tightly contested class--the podium in D was .9 secs, I think.

Nice work, JG. Although since 90% of your picks came true I'd have appreciated it had you picked me for a class or two. Might have helped.

Congrats to Jeff Moser in TTS, he was insanely fast all season and deserved the podium.

Hopefully it wasn't tainted by the controversey...

• Members

Anyone beat 5 correct picks, 2 seconds and one at the bottom? Times were CRAZY fast!!! Go check out my Regional records and compare.

Is there a results list with times? Id like to see how much faster youz guys got!

And did the lowering of the curbs help inprove the times overall? I saw Brees didnt even use the curbing in his video.

• Members
Where is the final word on the TTS protest being successful? I'm only hearing rumors... would like to see something published if it's out there?

the protest was withdrawn however the driver DQ'd himself.

Is there a results list with times? Id like to see how much faster youz guys got!

And did the lowering of the curbs help inprove the times overall? I saw Brees didnt even use the curbing in his video.

The curbs are the same as last year. The only difference was a few of them had pretty substantial holes at the leading and trailing edges of them that were not very comfortable (10a and 12 for example). Because of that and the curb at the end of the backstraight (turn 7) bouncing the car around too much, I made maintaining momentum a much higher priority and tried to just touch the edge of the curbs.

The Keyhole is a completely different animal with the pro course. I tried about 1,000 different lines through there this summer and really don't know what is absolutely the best. There seem to be several lines that work equally well through there based on my shift point on the straight as an indicator of corner exit speed.

Here are the times from August: http://nasa-tt.com/Ohio_Track_Records

and Nationals here: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=249854

As an example TTE dropped from 1:44.1 to 1:41.7. I believe most other classes were similar in their improvements.

Edit: Here's a video from Thursday where I was using the curbing. http://www.breesmotorsports.com/files/2007NASA_Championships_Thursday_fastlap.wmv

You can see the upset in turn 7 and a hard hit in a hole at the Carousel.

Where is the final word on the TTS protest being successful? I'm only hearing rumors... would like to see something published if it's out there?

the protest was withdrawn however the driver DQ'd himself.

That is not true, maybe the ST2 guy withdrew his protest but I believe that 5 TTS guys protested as well and I know for a fact those weren't withdrawn.

So making it sound like he did something honorable is BS, he got caught cheating pure and simple.

What would it have looked like if he got DQed in TTS and didn't DQ himself for ST2 knowing he wasn't within the rules. Then not only would he have been a cheat but an A-hole as well.

With that said if he dynoed 5 hp over I'd feel bad for Pat and say he was at the edge of the rules and got screwed (fairly rules are rule and if you want to play it that close that could be the result), but if he was like 40 hp over than there is no excuse.

What times did he run in his "TTS" car? (Quoted for sarcasm!)

From what I heard about the performance of his car it sounds like +40 would be a lowball. But all I have is hear-say, I wasn't there.

What times did he run in his "TTS" car? (Quoted for sarcasm!)

From what I heard about the performance of his car it sounds like +40 would be a lowball. But all I have is hear-say, I wasn't there.

1:31.875 in TT