NorCal H2 at the oct 4-5 backwards t-hill

mikeski38

John,

let me know if you can get to Sears Point that cheap. I'm really interested!

I doubt you can find any discount pricing at Sears Point. It's just that expensive.

That being said, the total cost is usually cheaper for bay area racer. Even though Thunderhill charge $200, you have to factor in tow time, diesel, and hotel. A test day in Thunderhill will cost close to $500 and you have to waste time travelling.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redstone

• Andrie

• John A

• ekim952522000

John,

let me know if you can get to Sears Point that cheap. I'm really interested!

I doubt you can find any discount pricing at Sears Point. It's just that expensive.

That being said, the total cost is usually cheaper for bay area racer. Even though Thunderhill charge $200, you have to factor in tow time, diesel, and hotel. A test day in Thunderhill will cost close to $500 and you have to waste time travelling.

Yeah, I figured what Graham and Jonathan said was closer to reality. The quotes I got were from an unreliable source. Although, piggy backing on someone elses track day isn't unheard of. The more people show up, the cheaper it gets per person.

Whether I go to Sears Point or T-hill doesn't really matter as far as transport costs are concerened. I'm stuck in the middle. Sacramento needs a racetrack.

John A

Im testing tomarow a 350z and its 375.00 for the whole day.

Just making correction. Full day test is $525. Short day test is $375

Unexpected to see you there and a few more familiar faces. It is unfortunate you had problem. Hopefully you get it sorted soon.

Sorry guys, but I am bailing on this race. Brian got a last minute ride at the VIR 6 hour, and I going to keep him company and take in the race. We'll hit the Grand-Am awards banquet too. See you in November!

Zed and I are splitting the not so super slow this weekend in H1/2. We'll be entered in H1, but running H2 trim getting ready for the 25.

had a good time this weekend. too bad the car count was so low. Mike/Lenna should have been there driving there "Team Orange" Civic's! Only 5 h1 cars (2 were h2 spec-ish) and 2 H2 cars! It was dissapointing have more SPEC E30 cars than HC cars.

- Mike, your H2 Del Sol was pretty damn fast. I was surprised at the power of that H23 non-vtec. It doesn't even have a header or correct ecu/injectors! Hopefully next year it doesnt walk away from the smaller 1.6 & 1.8 cars.

- Too bad Vito didn't make sunday's race. Damn axle!

- Congrat's to Chris Smith on what i think is his first H2 win! great driving!

Hope to see everyone, and more at Infineon.

Was great to finally get back in the car and run with you all. Nice clean racing!!! Hopefully we will have a better car count at Infineon.

Congrats to Chris Smith on his first win!!!! The first for many.
Yea no doubt. To bad we both couldn't make weight for the event. We combined my weight with his since he is in the points chase and I wasn't. It's going to be a good battle between us H2 guys come Infineon.

Yes Congrats Chris! Great Race...we came pretty close towards the end. Great balls to the wall racing. I'll post my video soon, some good shots of you from my in-car.

Damn! My video did not tape at all on Sunday...so I don't have any of Chris's "adventures" on the track, nor Dave Wright's ploughing demonstration as he sailed by the flag stand coming out of T2 in a cloud of dust

You will see a spectacular spin by Bob Gill on Saturday in T3.

Got my B16 back, and it's runnin' like a rocket thanks to Graham's hard work and some great tuning from the boys at Blacktrax

Not sure I'll be able to hold off that H23 in H2 though, it's hella fast for an H2 car.

Thanks guys! It's great to be on pace and really racing! Great battles with Liam. Wish I could of kept all the wheels on the ground on sunday to keep going! Vito picked up some good speed on sunday, too bad the axel assploded in qual. H2 is going to be really close and really competative. Workin' on the video tonight, I'll get it up soon.

Congrats to Chris!

It was a fun weekend, I am glad that my car drove as well as it did after the wreck. The only complaint is slightly more understeer, maybe due to the lack of splitter and worn out suspension bushings, I remember the car rotating much better.

At least I had some fun in Qualifying on Sunday before my axle broke .

Sounds like next year H2 should be huge, there will be no H1 and H4 cars left? I hope my brother graduates and gets a real job, we might be building another H2 car .

-Vito

I will be running H1 next year.Im building my car as we speak.I just picked up another sponsor so i have another 7 thou to put back in the car.My plan is to run as many races to qualify for Utah runoffs.Im building a honda prelude with an H23 that should put out about 240 to the wheels.Im building ground up on this one.See you soon should be done in about 2 mounths. I plan on testing the day before the 25hr race.

damn.. 240 is alot! I can't keep up with that. Im quitting!

Spec E30 for me next year!

I overheard that spec E30 aint cheap

OK.. fine. I'll run HC instead. I don't think i could handle doing 2:12's around T-hill anyway.

holy cow! that was a hard impact with the pit exit. Did you damage your oil pan? or bottom out any other part of the car? Man, i thought for sure the pan or header would be damaged badly.

great pass on my dad entering T6!

heh. Not real sure yet. Gonna climb under it and check it all out tomorrow. Front wheels feel bent, some nice dents in the shock towers. A few witnessess said the car was in the air so hopefully I cleared the oil pan . OTS konis and big springs are fancy pogo sticks.