H2 Prelude Build thread

ekim952522000

Cage is done, and the seat is mounted I thought I would throw some pics up for you guys before I painted it. Mike Lock at Calculated Risk did the cage and did a Amazing job. There were allot of design challenges do to me being 6'2" tall. We also had to pay attention and make sure the cage was SCCA and NASA legal. Oh yeah and the tubing is 1.75 x .095.

img1859pk2.jpg

img1860wk8.jpg

img1861fh8.jpg

img1862os4.jpg

img1863lr5.jpg

img1864wg1.jpg

img1865lg0.jpg

img1866fk8.jpg

img1867lf5.jpg

img1868lo7.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ekim952522000

• Redstone

• 71dsp

• jmeris

Got the dash fitted tonight not very exciting but since the 92-96 prelude dash is one my favorite dashes I thought I would throw up a picture

img1892ok5.jpg

ohh i like the steering wheel!! looks good!

are you keeping the abs?

are you keeping all the factory wiring?

Thanks I like it. The little flat spot on the bottom gives me a little more leg room and I was able to buy a smaller one than I had in the civic since I will be keeping Power steering.

Wiring yes.

I have not decided on the ABS I am leaning towards taking it out. We will see removing it requires running new brake lines.

any reason you're keeping power steering? I know some autocross guys with big HP FWD motors and big a$$ slicks run it because it's at a lower speed, why did you decide to?

My last race car did not have it so I thought I would give it a try and if the car is going to be SCCA legal too I must keep it in.

• 2 weeks later...

So got 99% of the interior painted going to do some touch up this weekend.

Has anyone tried that Lamin-x cage film stuff I am trying to avoid my cage getting all scratched up like it did on my last car?

Also anyone have any ideas for the drivers feet area to stop it from looking like crap? Right now I am probably going to do a aluminum diamond plate "floor mat" any other ideas?

I know, I know, maybe I have a little Devin in me after all

img1896jc8.jpg

img1897gk2.jpg

img1898ys7.jpg

img1899kg2.jpg

Very nice.

If you did not want to use Diamond plate, I always like grip tape for skate boards. The local skate shop in Vallejo sells it by sheets (board size) in differnet colors.

Mike,i put a piece of sheet metal and rivited it to the floor where my heels ride on.If you use good paint it wont scratch up at all.Wait till you see my lude.It might put Devins car back down a notch.I guess you could say im building a show/race car.Its being painted right now at FZ Restoration.I should have it ready in 2 months.Also get rid of the door bars if you can.They weigh about 7lbs.Also,fyi the mirrors weigh 5lbs if there electirc.Try and get as much weight out of the car as you can.That way if you need to add weight you can put it on the right side.These cars are about 53.0% left side weight.If you can get more like 51% left side weight it will work better at Sears Point.Sorry Infinion Raceway.Im old school still on the name of the track.Good luck on the build.Cant wait to run H1 again.

...I should have it ready in 2 months. Cant wait to run H1 again.

Hey Brandon,

Will you be able to race H1 for the March 21-22 event at Infineon? H1 could have about 4-5 cars. Me, Andrie, the 2008 National H1 Champ-Graham, you, and someone else.

hopefully you'll have the Lude ready by then

jmeris

Subscribing to Thread:

Also, I am curious what kind of suspension goodies you have found for this car. I too am in the middle of building one up for H2/PTB here in Texas and could always use a couple tips and pointers to keep me going in the right direction.

If you don't feel like posting up all your secrets, pm me.

Just to put it out there i have no secrets.The shocks iam running are 2812 konis.My front spring rates are 800 and my rear spring rate is 1100.I took off the front bar.Just to let you guys know the front bar is 25mm hallow and is only 55lbs per inch of travel.Its not that effective.Now i made a rear bar and it is adj from 400lbs to 1200lbs of sway bar rate.I run it around 800lbs.My rear bar use to be only 323lbs of rate on full stiff.I think it was an old s&t bar.When i put my new rear bar on it keep the rear wheels on the ground.With the s&t bar i always liftted a wheel.4 tires on the ground is alot faster than 3 tires on the ground.Jmeris i should be ready by march race.Good luck to all of you this year.

Brandon, thats just some good information right there. Is this on a 4th generation body style Prelude? Could you send me some pics of the new swaybar? That thing should be interesting on track this year.

Now to avoid a threadjack, i've been following this thread as it's progressed and its turning out to be a very nice project. I anxiously await updates. Always did love the 4th gen body style.

I plan on racing when the budget allows me to. I will not be at Infineon in Feb. Good luck to you all.

Devin

Yeah me too. But I should be there in March running H1.

jmeris

Mike,i put a piece of sheet metal and rivited it to the floor where my heels ride on.If you use good paint it wont scratch up at all.Wait till you see my lude.It might put Devins car back down a notch.I guess you could say im building a show/race car.Its being painted right now at FZ Restoration.I should have it ready in 2 months.Also get rid of the door bars if you can.They weigh about 7lbs.Also,fyi the mirrors weigh 5lbs if there electirc.Try and get as much weight out of the car as you can.That way if you need to add weight you can put it on the right side.These cars are about 53.0% left side weight.If you can get more like 51% left side weight it will work better at Sears Point.Sorry Infinion Raceway.Im old school still on the name of the track.Good luck on the build.Cant wait to run H1 again.

Brandon Bushings came in I will get them in the mail monday.

out of curiousity, what does a H2 spec H22 dyno at the wheels? whp and wtq?

and what does a H2 spec H23a (out of the 92-96 Prelude SI) dyno at the wheels as well?