NASA-SE Season Finale at Road Atlanta

Varkwso

I'd like to see some scales too since I went to nationals and realised I was running at least 50lbs over most of the year!

there's a thousand places that sell them

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• Cobra4B

• drivinhardz06

• WynnS123

I'll take the bonehead podium. I just won't take any possible backhanded comments

IF I was referring to you, I would have spoken to you personally. Back off Wynn. My reference was among ALL CLASSES in TT. There are some questionable cars that show up time to time.

I've had my car stripped down and inspected more than a dozen times.

If this is in regards to power, shall I post up my video where you leave me on the back straight by a 1/4 mile or maybe even my dyno sheet with 194 whp?

Not sure where all this hostility is coming from, but we have 265whp, 2750lbs and unlimted TQ. Do the math.

[No hostility. It just seemed like a jab at me since we run in the same class and we were so close.]

If you want to see close look at some of last years results in TTB.

Damn that was a fun year.

Robert

Wynn was parked across from me. I looked at his car. It was not light. And only a maniac with unlimited funds can bump up a S2000 without boost.

If you plan on podiuming in 2012 in TT you need to plan on a compliant dyno sheet to provide to me no matter the class. It is a minor expense compared to other prep.

Seems like a session, one with high turnout, will be turned into no notice weight checks.

More inspections sound good to me, good practice for 2012 NATS.

[No hostility. It just seemed like a jab at me since we run in the same class and we were so close.]

Robert

There have been lots of close races and close seasons over the years.

Robert

I am ready to ban 350Z's since they do not know how to latch their hoods!

One quick tip I learned from my brief stint as a police officer. My SGT said a fish would never get caught if he never opened his mouth. This was way before the internet and forums. Magazine articles and dyno posts on forums kind of makes deniability difficult. Not impossible but difficult.

Talking about your cool Cosworth/LSx/vtec engine and posting a 650 hp dyno sheet kind of makes the dyno sheet I have a little suspect. Search function and the IT geeks in TT find this stuff all the time.

I know configurations and tunes change but be prepared when you post glowing header pictures and your cool revalved shocks. And then tell me it is OEM.

Oversights happen. Example is bumpsteer kit on a car you bought and did not realize it was add on.

Examples of blatent intent are very rare. We do need to help each other with compliance. Except for ZO6cool it is about friendly competition.

One quick tip I learned from my brief stint as a police officer. My SGT said a fish would never get caught if he never opened his mouth. This was way before the internet and forums. Magazine articles and dyno posts on forums kind of makes deniability difficult. Not impossible but difficult.

Talking about your cool Cosworth/LSx/vtec engine and posting a 650 hp dyno sheet kind of makes the dyno sheet I have a little suspect. Search function and the IT geeks in TT find this stuff all the time.

I know configurations and tunes change but be prepared when you post glowing header pictures and your cool revalved shocks. And then tell me it is OEM.

Oversights happen. Example is bumpsteer kit on a car you bought and did not realize it was add on.

Examples of blatent intent are very rare. We do need to help each other with compliance. Except for ZO6cool it is about friendly competition.

Very well said.

Both s2000 engines won't make enough power to break the power/weight limit in TTC at 2850lbs with stock internals let alone TTB

I am talking about on a dynojet SAE corrected not some monkey ass crank power piece of crap dyno.

I've been running mine on 110 octane with a full standalone, intake and exhaust, 9300 redline it makes about 215HP.

A header may or may not get me another 5HP - 2.2l engine is maybe worth another 5HP and more torque.

If the car is hooked up with a wing thats working well you can carry a lot of corner speed in 4th gear corners / transitions thats where it realy flies.

Both s2000 engines won't make enough power to break the power/weight limit in TTC at 2850lbs with stock internals let alone TTB

I am talking about on a dynojet SAE corrected not some monkey ass crank power piece of crap dyno.

I've been running mine on 110 octane with a full standalone, intake and exhaust, 9300 redline it makes about 215HP.

A header may or may not get me another 5HP - 2.2l engine is maybe worth another 5HP and more torque.

If the car is hooked up with a wing thats working well you can carry a lot of corner speed in 4th gear corners / transitions thats where it realy flies.

Werent you saying s2000s make only 190-200whp when your complaining they need less weight

PS - good handling cars shouldnt be near the class' max power to weight according to greg. Apparently my m3 handles well in greg's eyes even at 3176, cause I am almost 14:1 power to weight, dont complain about your double wishbone at 13.2:1 I tried to get a reclass, but then he wanted me at 14.29, I was like ehhh nevermind on the reclass ....and then I asked them to make sure Mugen Hard Tops were 10 points

PPS- Im busting your balls dude, just like getting you all riled up.

I too would like to see functional scales set-up before the event. Kevin and I went looking for scales at RA to ensure we were legal and could not get weighed. So, we added extra fuel to be sure.

Sketchy cars? I am sure there are somewhere, but not in SE TTA. Who was really fast this year? Well, depending on the track, it was Mark, Scott, Brian, and Kevin. I know all those cars. Not only are they legit, they will tell you exactly what they they are doing, help you replicate it, and dare you to bring it!

Direct correlation with Hoosier contingency. In 2012 tho, I would like to see the top 1-2 finishers go over the scales at least once p/ weekend and get a once over with their points sheet. There are some sketchy cars

Great thread.

I personally don't know of any sketchy cars, but having functional scales is a good idea.

Heck, there's nothing more I'd like to see than a mobile dyno roll up in March at Rd. Atl.

I've heard some interesting stories about some of the race group cars.