Mid Ohio Contingeny from Carbotech!!

Dave Schotz

NOPE.

The implied demo is CMC as a whole. (Most are frugal with their money).

Point B was CMC2, the FUTURE (is here now ie none going)

anonymous

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffburch

• King Matt1548534716

• Glenn

• mitchntx1548534714

i got into this cause it was a competition (also known as a race).

And that is fine. I/we understand and respect what your motivation is.

What's NOT cool is you don't show the same respect for those of us who DON'T have that same motivation. You referred to one ex-racer in the Texas region as a "puss" on another forum because his motivations didn't quite align with yours.

I got into it to hang out with like-minded gear heads.

No one is asking you to change your uber-competitive mind-set. That is who you are and we realize what lengths you are willing to go to in order to win. Just allow others to have there own set of rules to live by and with without the name calling.

NOPE.

The implied demo is CMC as a whole. (Most are frugal with their money).

Point B was CMC2, the FUTURE (is here now ie none going)

anonymous

OK. I guess I am a total retard, because I did not interpret your post as you just stated.

I thought as Rustang did on this one.

Renntag"]OK. I guess I am a total retard, because I did not interpret your post as you just stated.

Colin Shouldn't you be heading to the track and your not totally retarded just mildly. Now wipe the drool off and get to the track Kevin said he has a can of whoop ass for ya. If he ever get his tranny back together. it's 4.00pm friday and it's still in pieces on the bench.

I wonder if this will be the last post Dave ever starts. He must think we were dropped on our heads as children.

Dan "the Should have would have could have" National Champ...2010 in my 2009 Camaro LS3 CMC car that I didn't need a big check book to build. That could be beat by a $7500.00 Fox body with a four link. Now that's funny

Yes, I am leaving in a few minutes. Truck is loaded. Just finishing up end of day/week work related calls/stuff.

I wish kevin the best of luck. He has had a month to fix that trans.

Yes, Dave is probably thinking twice. Run while you have a chance.

A) Why turn over the rule book for a demographic that can't afford it (for the newer cars that)

B)don't show up for the big race.

The implied demographic is Mid-Atlantic CMC drivers of which only one is going to Nationals.

I understood what J B was saying. This thread is only 1/4 the length of the BIG CMC ANNOUNCEMENT one where there is much more discussion of this stuff. Jeff [as I understand him] was simply referring to the fact that most of the people who show up at nats are those who would prefer to keep CMC/2 rather than combine the two and cause all kinds of hassles for those who have already built their cars and don't want to spend $$$$$ to 'be competitive' in CMC/2010.

Something like that...rather than a dig at the MA folks.

People join CMC in the MidAtlantic because of Kevin London, Kent Lydic, The Dr. Joyce Brothers, Ron Cates, Colin Jevens, Bill Velasco, Hal Krein, Dan Skittral...and all the rest of them!!! They join cause they've heard that the CMC drivers are the ones to hang out with on and off the track.

JD

And this is 90% of the reason why I am going to Nationals again for the 3rd time. I have no expectation of finishing on the podium, let alone getting the suit and canopy .

I'm just bummed I don't get to meet some of these folks mentioned above. We do crossover events with AZ, TX, Midwest, the CA(s) - We hardly ever get to spend any time meeting folks from SE, MA, NE, etc. For me, it's not really the racing - it the big party atmoshphere of the Nationals.

The thread is all good stuff... the truth is... eveyone here is competitive... it's why this post is 4 or 5 pages long now! A whole bunch of Type A persolaties! Always fun!

I'd say, unfortunately... this years National Championship seems to be lucky to have 1 person per region represented. Economy is tough for many, and priorities change.

For Good Bad or indifferent... the sooner we combine to one class... the sooner this gets fixed. Until then... I'm looking forward to weathering the storm with everyone.

I really was just wanting to share what looked like a great support program from Carbotech.

I've attended both Nationals events, as crew, not driver, and didn't find it as much fun as our local events. It's just not worth the expense and effort.

I contradict you.

Regional is fine and all but when your ready, nothing compares.

I've seen you with the bit in your teeth and it was glorious.

Until you compete for the big bag-O-marables you might not be aware of what those that have are getting.

jb

I've attended both Nationals events, as crew, not driver, and didn't find it as much fun as our local events. It's just not worth the expense and effort.

I'll contradict ya.

Until you compete for the big bag-O-marables you might not be aware of what those that have are getting.

jb

I contradict you.

jb

I appreciate the thoughts Jeff. And I've had my moments on track and off. In my heart of hearts, I know I can be competitive. It's just not high on my priority list.

Like I responded to Glenn's post, the "big bag O marbles" just doesn't look as big to me as they do others.

Glenn and I have had long discussions about my POV and he doesn't understand. And, frankly, I don't expect you to understand either.

But I do expect you and others to respect it. Cause when the green flag falls, you have my welfare in your hands and yours is in mine.

I seem to have the uncanny ability to stir the proverbial pot, but let me just offer something to this "Carbotech" thread...

CMC's ruleset creation, maintainance and future vision is designed for the general interest of ALL our racers with a passion for these types of cars. We strive to always think of the new guy, coming into racing for the first time and his or her hurdle cost/efforts. Primary products of the series are great weekends, great racing, great friendships and a great place to wring our similar cars out from time to time.

National championships, regional championships, sponsorships, trophys, banquets, racecar values, business endeavors, etc etc are all secondary byproducts of the series, and should never be a prime motivator for the CMC ruleset IMO. If we do a good job with the basics, then the extras will just come naturally...as it has for 15 years. Catering to the rules wishes of the top drivers will quickly alienate the rest of the population and before long, with no feed in the pipeline, the series dries up.

We've got to think big picture, nationally, not regionally....and that is what the 2010 effort is seeking to do. Sure, some regions have different car demographics, and we'll manage that. Nats attendance this year is a factor of the economy, not because someday 17" wheels will be legal. Rest assured that the National Series Directors will always keep the big picture in mind and having each of the regions represented insures the checks & balances we need to make sure we're not missing anything.

I ask that all top drivers in CMC, champions past & present, remember their first CMC season and the top drivers they were chasing after. Never forget your rookie season. We should all be making sure our rookies feel welcome, in the paddock, on the racetrack, in the ruleset...and most importantly here on the internet. Those are the guys who are going to give us 30-40 competitive car fields someday, regionally & nationally....not the 2 or 3 people that want "this" or want "that". Those rookies are the ones that will be hanging out with you in the pits, competing against you and eventually taking away your podium spots...just as you strived to do when you were a rookie CMC driver.

So stick to the basics...and everything else will follow.

PS- 15 years ago we never would of thought that a brake company like Carbotech would offer a driver suit to one of us Yahoo's for going out and having a blast with our buddys 7 or 8 weekends a year!!!

I seem to have the uncanny ability to stir the proverbial pot, but let me just offer something to this "Carbotech" thread...

CMC's ruleset creation, maintainance and future vision is designed for the general interest of ALL our racers with a passion for these types of cars. We strive to always think of the new guy, coming into racing for the first time and his or her hurdle cost/efforts. Primary products of the series are great weekends, great racing, great friendships and a great place to wring our similar cars out from time to time.

National championships, regional championships, sponsorships, trophys, banquets, racecar values, business endeavors, etc etc are all secondary byproducts of the series, and should never be a prime motivator for the CMC ruleset IMO. If we do a good job with the basics, then the extras will just come naturally...as it has for 15 years. Catering to the rules wishes of the top drivers will quickly alienate the rest of the population and before long, with no feed in the pipeline, the series dries up.

We've got to think big picture, nationally, not regionally....and that is what the 2010 effort is seeking to do. Sure, some regions have different car demographics, and we'll manage that. Nats attendance this year is a factor of the economy, not because someday 17" wheels will be legal. Rest assured that the National Series Directors will always keep the big picture in mind and having each of the regions represented insures the checks & balances we need to make sure we're not missing anything.

I ask that all top drivers in CMC, champions past & present, remember their first CMC season and the top drivers they were chasing after. Never forget your rookie season. We should all be making sure our rookies feel welcome, in the paddock, on the racetrack, in the ruleset...and most importantly here on the internet. Those are the guys who are going to give us 30-40 competitive car fields someday, regionally & nationally....not the 2 or 3 people that want "this" or want "that". Those rookies are the ones that will be hanging out with you in the pits, competing against you and eventually taking away your podium spots...just as you strived to do when you were a rookie CMC driver.

So stick to the basics...and everything else will follow.

PS- 15 years ago we never would of thought that a brake company like Carbotech would offer a driver suit to one of us Yahoo's for going out and having a blast with our buddys 7 or 8 weekends a year!!!

You left out "vertical alignment", "right picture analysis" and "servant leadership".

You are most definitely a corporate manager. Speak in generic enough terms to allow a wide variety of interpretations. As such, the real meaning is lost in a sea of analogies, lessons learned and metaphores. Only another Lumbergh could understand ...

Why can't you just say what's on your mind so we common folk can understand?

As a two time (back-to-back) Texas CMC Champion it really is painful to witness what is going on with the series.

"go carbotech!!"

When I first raced in Texas many years ago, it was awesome! The feeling of a backyard game of pickup football comes to mind. Lots of fun and it was so much better because at the time just being out on the track could be described as awesome along hanging out with the other two CMC racers!

All that is gone. You have folks determined to out-spend (time/money)and dedicate every waking moment to winning. Some blame me for setting the bar really high, but no one can say that I spent a lot of time or money on the car since it was a matter or seat time which made the difference then.

"go carbotech!!"

I do hope it all works out and all the A-types can at least have some fun one way or another.

One example back in the day - Watching Mitch win his first race while I was in second place is priceless and I think I was the first one to congratulate him. /cheers

Should there be a ceiling how much can be spent on a CMC car? Big wallets lead to big problems.

Whatever happened to winner ballast?

Yeah, I'm retired from racing, but since being part of the very first CMC race in Texas and running for a few years, thought I'd voice my .02.

...move along..nothing to see here

"go carbotech!!"

One example back in the day - Watching Mitch win his first race while I was in second place is priceless and I think I was the first one to congratulate him. /cheers

Yes, Christmas came early that year. You were first there and I do appreciate it.

And, it cemented all the 4th gens going to the dyno.

Like I said in another post, NPR that year changed it all for me ... not enough to retire, but my attitude changed significantly.

We should all be making sure our rookies feel welcome, in the paddock, on the racetrack, in the ruleset...and most importantly here on the internet.

Yeah... what he said. What's all this bellyaching about?

I should mention I bought some of those Carbotech pads for my ride.

As one of the rookies I find the mix of personalities invigorating but I also find some of the ruleset to be schizophrenic.

Yeah, I'm still gonna finish the car and come race. Yeah, I'm trying to set appropriate expectations. Yeah, I'm gonna express my frustations from time to time.

BTW, who's Todd?

I have Carbotechs on my stock 4 lug stock rotor '86 Mustang CMC car and have had absolutely NO problems with them at all!

I'll add that if I were at a competitive power/brake/suspension/etc level this year I would have gone to Nationals. I plan to be at that level next year and wanna race with the best of the best, so y'all better show up!

Jeff,

Its time you move along, since you can't be happy no matter what anyone says.

Sell your car and buy a Mazda, that may make you happy in the long run.

Being negative does not help the series that you used to love so much so I would just end it and get out.

Tony Guaglione

Actually, with plenty of time to mull it over, I think your day is due.

Compression Gate, E cams all over the country and who knows how many under the table handshake wink-wink deals there are.

Not following your own set of rules has fostered alot of problems.

I nominate the Grandfather of CMC Don Trask and Sam Stowell to grab the reigns again. Steady hands on the tiller. Go start your high buck class somewhere else.

jb

I've been reading and watching this forum grow and grow for a long time and I have kept my silence.

CMC was at one time a place where things were extremly friendly outside the track, but once the racing started people became bitter foes, but as soon as the checkered dropped, people where back to being friends.

But when the first CMC/ CMC-2 merger was announced, I've seen the likes of CMC members on this board split into two seperate factions. The ones who understood the process of evolution and the changing of the series, and the ones who wanted to be as stubborn as possible and makes things difficult for the directors and all CMCer's alike.

Now, I am virtually unknown to all other CMC regions, but to the west coast guys, they know I love CMC and all people involved with it. They have also seen me transform to a person that wants to help the drivers and directors as much as I can. And by doing this I have grown very close to most people here, especially the directors.

But to read a post calling for the end of directorship for someone who does an enormous amount for this series is absolutly ridiculous. Tony has done nothing but help all people who have EVER contacted, whether or not it had to do with CMC.

To read this made me long for the CMC glory days when people actually seemed to give a damn about what happen to the guy they were racing against 10 minutes ago.

I think people need to stop being stubborn little children and actually think for the series as a whole rather than on their own selfish ways.

And if you aren't able to do that, then I wish that you at least have the respect to show some dignity and leave the series so we can move on.

This is the opinion of someone who wants only the best for CMC, and this was what had been stirring for a long time.

Rant Over

Jeff,

Its time you move along, since you can't be happy no matter what anyone says.

Sell your car and buy a Mazda, that may make you happy in the long run.

Being negative does not help the series that you used to love so much so I would just end it and get out.

Tony Guaglione

Actually, with plenty of time to mull it over, I think your day is due.

Compression Gate, E cams all over the country and who knows how many under the table handshake wink-wink deals there are.

Not following your own set of rules has fostered alot of problems.

I nominate the Grandfather of CMC Don Trask and Sam Stowell to grab the reigns again. Steady hands on the tiller. Go start your high buck class somewhere else.

jb

While racing in the series, I never asked the question regarding - how did those who run the series get elected? This is more for my own curiosity than anything else, but really would like to know the answer to that question.

I know CMC started up a long, long time ago when I was still pulling 1.38 60' times with the rear wheels - but have no idea how those in-charge came about and were the ones to make the decisions. Not meant to stir the pot, but an honest question.

Maybe a poll to see who's happy and who's not with the past/present/future of CMC racing. Could also add another line for - if there were leadership changes, how many that have retired would come back.

/shrug

I can't speak for the country but in the Mid atlantic it's the most dedicated and hard working member of the group that took on the role as our director.

He put CMC very high on his things do do list. Makes new members welcome. Has grown the series from 2 cars to 20. Is available day or night for many hour long phone calls and is a great guy who people respect. He works non stop for the good of our region and has put more time and money into it than any other driver.

We didn't get to vote for him but I don't think you'll find anyone to vote him off the island. I know that none of us could do it as well or put the time into it that he does.

Dan