What is on the table so far for '09

Al F.

I had a nice long phone conversation with Kent Monday night. He cleared up a lot of misconceptions I had and I think I made a little head way in the way he thinks about me and the Texas region.

What I found most humorous ... is we basically want the same thing. Funny, huh?

That was nice to get a chance to get a glimpse behind the scene's at the Dark Side of the Force. Actually Mitch, you really did clear up a lot of things.

I think part of the problem here is that many were told that the direction of the series was heading one way, but in the end it didn't turn out that way. When Rustang bought his car we were heading towards merging the two classes. (I was one of the ones that told him that) Now the merger is in limbo for X number of years, or until CMC dies out on it's own.

Regardless, I really don't understand why everyone gets so worked up when a different opinion is offered. Once the name calling starts, all bets are off, but until that time I see no reason why a driver can't come on this forum and give an opinion without having someone jump down their throat.

Kent

i think if you go back an read this post, the driver asking the questions was give reason(s) as to why x, and why Y, and why z. he was then the one how resorted to name calling and pesonal attacks.

i agree 100% w/ your opinion Kent and am a strong believer that we should be able to disagree on an issue and it not affect the "friendship" side of things. too many people take offence to a disagreement and think they are now "disliked". that same peson usually is the first to get upset.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rustang72

• Glenn

• Al F.

• KiMifan

Top Posters In This Topic

To finish answering a question a few people asked (including Glenn): "so whats wrong w/ you running in CMC-2 for now?"

What are the rules for a Fox in CMC2? So far, there are none. As of right now, my car is illegal in CMC2.

Before retuning and dynoing my car after some repairs, I asked if there was any reason I should set it up for CMC2. I was told no.

Edited by Guest

...we would have melted the whole planet by now.

Problem solved!

LOL ... I like the way you distill everything down into the lowest common denominator.

• Members

Guys, put the keyboards and mice down, pick up the bourbon and the ice. Isnt that better?

The last few months have been stressful for everyone for a whole pile of reasons, and the rules not being out hasnt made it any better. They'll be out soon, promise.

Rustang, buddy, give me a call and we'll go through some details. I think you'll see you're not as bad off as it might appear. 925-408-7303

there was a plan to merge CMC and CMC-2. it was announced w/out any of the Regional Directors knowing it was coming. once it was announced all the Directors thought it was better to hold off. 99% of the reason was the unknown package requirements to get FOX and 3rd GEN cars up to 260hp. so it got pushed back to 2011. this was to ensure we would have time to get it right. this was done w/ the competitor in mind.

what you dont know is final say on everything comes down to the NASA National folks. they are the ones that dictated the "no forced merge date". as directors, we agreed to it. we did as we were told. so when Kent told you what he did, it was in fact the truth. in fact many directors told many folks that info.

so to say i had a hand in the mess you think we are in, is in FACT wrong. none of the directors had a hand in it. we all may agree its the best way to do it, but we all also agree w/ having one class AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. now is not the time w/ this economy to require 90% of the Texas CMC cars to do major motor work. i'm sure that percentage is less in other regions. most of those guys would have to sit out a year or two in order to pay for it IN THIS ECONOMY, if they even come back.

so if your plan when you bought the car 6 months ago was to evolve it over 1.5 years, you have 1 year let to get it to CMC-2 specs. your plan that you just told me was you would not have a fully evolved car till 2010, so whats the problem?

as for the rules not being out yet? well you dont have your Series Directors to blame for that. in fact you can thank me for pushing (me bitching) on these guys in late Sept/early Oct to get the ball rolling so it would be done by late Nov. and in fact it was done 2 months ago. in years past we had a 2 week window from rule posting to season opener. count your lucky stars when you see the rules (tomorrow is what i was told today) before you start pre race prep.

as for me being listed as a Coordinator and not a Director. all i can tell you is i was brought on as a Director. i full fill the duties of a Director. and as far as your concerned a Coordinator will be treaded as a Director.

as for your request for me to "stop bitchin". show me where i'm still doing it? who told you i was doing it? why the big issue w/ Mitch and Me? whats been told to you about us?

i ran my 98 Camaro on track for 5 years before coming here. i've been here on this site and racing w/ this group for 4 years now. i've missed one regional race in 4 years (thats well over 100 races). i've been to every National event. i was told from the very first day to just spend a year racing in the class. dont cause problems and stay under the radar. well i didnt listen. i caused many a problems back in 2005, Nationally and Regionally. it wasnt till 2006 about half way into the season) that i started to understand things better. i came to realize the damage i was causing to the series, one that was trying to grow. i began to look past the things that effected me, and realized there was more to things than what i could see from my point of view. you are where i was. you too will get past the issues of "this affects me this way, and i'm pissed".

right now - you are the one who is endlessly bitching. at this point i think i'm done trying to help you understand why things are they way they are and leave you w/ this words of great wisdom - "It is what it is."

this has come to a point of not being productive. call me at my Coordinator number if you want to talk further.

214-869-9603

Rusty, call me first, not those other clowns. Neither are REAL Texans. Glenn has been tainted by the Marines and actually lived outside the state lines. Al doesn't even have a green card and tele=ported from Kalifornia.

Those guys are full-blown Kool-aid addicts. I'm just a recreational user ...

what you dont know is final say on everything comes down to the NASA National folks. they are the ones that dictated the "no forced merge date". as directors, we agreed to it. we did as we were told. so when Kent told you what he did, it was in fact the truth. in fact many directors told many folks that info.
Does NASA own CMC?
so to say i had a hand in the mess you think we are in, is in FACT wrong. none of the directors had a hand in it. we all may agree its the best way to do it, but we all also agree w/ having one class AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
If that is the case, why not allow CMC cars to slowly evolve to CMC2 specs? 17" wheels and flared fenders for Foxes would do that. You're saying you want a merged series as fast as possible but the (supposed) rules do not show any progress towrads that.
now is not the time w/ this economy to require 90% of the Texas CMC cars to do major motor work. i'm sure that percentage is less in other regions. most of those guys would have to sit out a year or two in order to pay for it IN THIS ECONOMY' date=' if they even come back. [/quote']If they need to do that work and money is so tight, why make them do the work twice?
so if your plan when you bought the car 6 months ago was to evolve it over 1.5 years, you have 1 year let to get it to CMC-2 specs. your plan that you just told me was you would not have a fully evolved car till 2010, so whats the problem?
The rules (apparently) do not allow for evolution.
as for the rules not being out yet? well you dont have your Series Directors to blame for that. in fact you can thank me for pushing (me bitching) on these guys in late Sept/early Oct to get the ball rolling so it would be done by late Nov. and in fact it was done 2 months ago. in years past we had a 2 week window from rule posting to season opener. count your lucky stars when you see the rules (tomorrow is what i was told today) before you start pre race prep.
Since what I've read and been told the rules will be has changed at least 3 times and a large part of my purchase was based on the first set of proposed rules... I think you can understand why I want the rules in writing ASAP.
as for your request for me to "stop bitchin". show me where i'm still doing it? who told you i was doing it? why the big issue w/ Mitch and Me? whats been told to you about us?
Read where I said stop bitching. Read the quote of you above it. It was a joke.

right now - you are the one who is endlessly bitching. at this point i think i'm done trying to help you understand why things are they way they are and leave you w/ this words of great wisdom - "It is what it is."
I was fine with it is what it is. My problem is that it is what it was 6 months ago' date=' but not what it was 5 months ago, which is different than 3 months ago, which is different than last month, and we still don't know what it is now. Anything from 5 months ago to a month or so ago was fine with me. That's why I bought my car. Now and 6 months ago, what I 'is' driving would be a Porsche.
this has come to a point of not being productive. call me at my Coordinator number if you want to talk further.

214-869-9603

It hasn't been productive since somewhere between Al saying my point was taken and Tony confirming that my point had been ignored. That was what, page 3 or 4? When Tony announced the big change 5 months ago, NASA apparently only noticed the people bitching about being forced to change. Maybe now somebody will pay attention to somebody bitching about not being allowed the changes promised over the last 5 months. Maybe this discussion can be productive again.

Does NASA own CMC?

yes they do.

so to say i had a hand in the mess you think we are in, is in FACT wrong. none of the directors had a hand in it. we all may agree its the best way to do it, but we all also agree w/ having one class AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
If that is the case, why not allow CMC cars to slowly evolve to CMC2 specs? 17" wheels and flared fenders for Foxes would do that. You're saying you want a merged series as fast as possible but the (supposed) rules do not show any progress towrads that.

you can evolve slowly. do it in CMC-2. i shouldn't have to deal w/ "evolving CMC-2 guys" who race in CMC w/ an unfair advantage. that would ruin the CMC class. and CMC-2 has only been a legal class for 2 years (unlike CMC that has been around for like 12 years) w/ an original proposed merge date of 2010. the 2009 rules will show progress. it all cant happen overnight. be glad your not required to run CMC-2 in 2009. that would be some short notice now wouldnt it?

now is not the time w/ this economy to require 90% of the Texas CMC cars to do major motor work. i'm sure that percentage is less in other regions. most of those guys would have to sit out a year or two in order to pay for it IN THIS ECONOMY, if they even come back.
If they need to do that work and money is so tight, why make them do the work twice?

who in my group is doing the work twice? none of my guys are required to do anything yet. some are (2-3) but many are sitting fast in CMC waiting to see the 2009 rules and plan for 2010 (or later) to move to CMC-2.

The rules (apparently) do not allow for evolution.

they do not when an "evolving car" will do so in a class where an advantage will be had. i dont want you in CMC w/ 13" brakes, 17"wheels, 275 rubber or 260hp. why should i be required to race a car like that?

Since what I've read and been told the rules will be has changed at least 3 times and a large part of my purchase was based on the first set of proposed rules... I think you can understand why I want the rules in writing ASAP.

you and me both. i've alwaysd hated how long it takes for the rules to get released. in fact, i've used alot of my free time to get them done in place of working on my own car. my car hasnt seen the light of day (in the trailer still) since the last race of the season in Oct. my first race is Jan31st. i'm down to 1.5 months to the start of 2009. i have some parts i need to order but cant do so cause the rules are not out yet. it would be wrong of me to order solid motor mounts for my car before it is released to the public that they are legal. i need to replace my motor mounts, but i'm waiting for everyone to know its legal before i act on what i know from being a Director. so we all want this over and done w/. this year has been a hard year because we are working two class's w/ some major issues in one of the two. we all do this for fun, our real jobs put food on the table.

Read where I said stop bitching. Read the quote of you above it. It was a joke.

learn to use the smiley faces.

I was fine with it is what it is. My problem is that it is what it was 6 months ago, but not what it was 5 months ago, which is different than 3 months ago, which is different than last month, and we still don't know what it is now. Anything from 5 months ago to a month or so ago was fine with me. That's why I bought my car. Now and 6 months ago, what I 'is' driving would be a Porsche.

and CMC-2 will see a few adjustments over the next few years to get things fully sorted. so expect it. get used to change or run CMC till its all worked out. the rules will always need adjusting. no way around it.

214-869-9603

It hasn't been productive since somewhere between Al saying my point was taken and Tony confirming that my point had been ignored. That was what, page 3 or 4? When Tony announced the big change 5 months ago, NASA apparently only noticed the people bitching about being forced to change. Maybe now somebody will pay attention to somebody bitching about not being allowed the changes promised over the last 5 months. Maybe this discussion can be productive again.

the real problem is some folks who didnt like where CMC was headed (not about the two class's merging) took it to NASA. all they heard was people who didnt like X. the folks who did like X (90% or more easily) didnt get NASA involved. if anything, they used their chain of command (Regional Director -> National Director). NASA has never gotten involved in the past. this was a first as long as i have been around.

i guess i gotta get some things straight here.

seems my comments were taken in a context of "its all NASA Nationals fault". and thats not the case. i have the up most respect for those guys. the Regional Directors and the National folks work hand in hand to run the series and its a difficult task. sorry if my words seemed to be directed at them. they were not, i was simply trying to give everyone a better understanding of what the issues were.

sorry.