Nasa's Tire Ruling

Dave Whitelaw

Well that ain't the Becky I've met ...

I know! Becky's prettier than that...and Al's uglier than that!!!

I will admit I didn't look at the faces ...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitchntx1548534714

• Tony G

• AllZWay

• liebbe1548534713

• Members

Come on, I am much younger than either of those two! Elisabetta's got nothing on Becky. Well, maybe...her engagement ring was some six carats??!! I tell you what, I wouldnt mind having ol' Flabio as an uncle!

Come on, I am much younger than either of those two! Elisabetta's got nothing on Becky. Well, maybe...her engagement ring was some six carats??!! I tell you what, I wouldnt mind having ol' Flabio as an uncle!

LOL Al, you could certainly pull that off if you wished!

I'm confused.... is this announcement going to be 'Another' Possible Change for 2009? Or will it be about 2010?

We're less than 45 days away from the Championships? Would we honestly be making changes this late?

Geeze... this is ridiculous if so...

Dave

I'm confused.... is this announcement going to be 'Another' Possible Change for 2009? Or will it be about 2010?

Dave

Ok, so its for 2010.

Let me help you decide on how to use your Toyo bucks today since there are 2 tires available.

I would buy RA1's...

Ok, so its for 2010.

Let me help you decide on how to use your Toyo bucks today since there are 2 tires available.

I would buy RA1's...

My Toyo Bux are on this scenario ...

2010 is an RA1 year along with the current version 888. This allows everyone to burn through their inventory.

2011 and beyond will be the "new and improved" 888

Toyo, as a corporation, answering to shareholders, can't eat all the tooling and R&D sunk into this tire.

You heard it here first ...

The 2010 tire ruling was a big topic of discussion over the weekend in Texas. I know it's being discussed, but please update asap.

and I just bought more 888s....

I have absolutely no inside information, but I just sold my new set of R888's this weekend. Partially because I don't need any tires until Oct, and partially because my teammate needs them for the Nats.

FWIW, I'm still using the same R888's I started the year with. This weekend, I had to replace one tire due to damage, but the others are still in pretty damn good condition. 4 full race weekends.

FWIW, I'm still using the same R888's I started the year with. This weekend, I had to replace one tire due to damage, but the others are still in pretty damn good condition. 4 full race weekends.

Same experience here. I am still running 2 of the 888 tires I started the year with. Last year I ate through a set of RA-1's every 3 weekends. I still have the other 2 888's sitting here to use for a couple of test day's.

Kent

The 2010 tire ruling was a big topic of discussion over the weekend in Texas. I know it's being discussed, but please update asap.

I have some toyo bucks in bad need of spending.....I hope a decision is soon.

Ahhh..gee guys did you read my post from last week,that pretty much tells you without the news release what is going on..but call me if you still don't get it...I would be happy to talk to you

Ok, so its for 2010.

I would buy RA1's...

Ya, some just missed it. Here it is again...

Ahhh..gee guys did you read my post from last week,that pretty much tells you without the news release what is going on..but call me if you still don't get it...I would be happy to talk to you

I think most of us have that feeling and have heard the rumours....but I would feel more comfortable with a concrete decision.....or least as concrete as NASA is capable of.

I noticed some rapid wear on one of my 888's and then realized that it was due to a new part and the alignment was out of wack causing the wear. Other than that, I don't see any more wear after two weekends in 95+ deg heat than I would with RA1's.