Infineon 4/12-13

AustinG

I think I may have my car up there running H4, we'll see if the cage work gets done by then. If so, look for some SoCal blood to mix it up with you guys!

Nice! What's the occassion? You building another CRX? It'll be good to see you again and on track too!

John A

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slammed_93_hatch

• ekim952522000

• AustinG

• Redstone

Well guys, it looks like I am not going to make it. A number of items I had on order from a few different vendors all happened to be out of stock. The cage and saftey updates were coming along well, but since I am going I am going on a business trip next week to boot, there is simply not enough time for me to finish everything. I will be out there to watch and cheer. Next month for sure.

Jonathan Meris' H1 car is scheduled to be out there this time around--he's just waiting for his shocks to come in.

oh oh, it's Monday still no shocks....and no trans....it's getting close.

Who's running H1 for sure?

Shoes, and socks arrived last week, I picked up the last Medium Sport HANS with the sliding tethers from Wine Country on Saturday(Finally sold the damn Mugen S1 seat, still have the rails), looks like I have all of my safety gear now, and I'm ready if/when I pass the comp license tests.

Nice! What's the occassion? You building another CRX? It'll be good to see you again and on track too!

Sort of, I bought Bob's CRX and Havoc Motorsports is redoing the cage for me, so I figured I'd come up there and shake the car down with them.

Looking forward to chasing you guys around!

Sort of, I bought Bob's CRX and Havoc Motorsports is redoing the cage for me,

Awwwwww, that was the first cage I ever built, way back in the day...it is the end of an era. I understand though, there was some to desired in that cage.

Awwwwww, that was the first cage I ever built, way back in the day...it is the end of an era. I understand though, there was some to desired in that cage.

Yea, I think for a first cage it was a decent job, but it didn't fit me at 6'1" tall, so once we started saying "change that, then change this..." things quickly turned into "cut it out and start over". If I was 5'8", it'd have stayed in the car.

I expect the car to return from nationals with a few 1st place trophies, but it's still a work in progress at this point.

Looks like they revised the schedual to give us the 25 min race.

noob question:How does teching race cars work? Last month I had the log book signed off, but I still went through tech at the track using the race car tech form. Do I have to do that each event? I don't see many racecars over there saturday morning.

noob question:How does teching race cars work? Last month I had the log book signed off, but I still went through tech at the track using the race car tech form. Do I have to do that each event? I don't see many racecars over there saturday morning.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/images/rules-forms/form_race_tech.pdf

fill out that form that Austin posted, take that to tech with your log book (fill out all of it but the signature part) and have him sign it. they give you a sticker and you put it on your car and are good to go.

h1 saturday

Mike lock

Graham

Devin

sunday

graham

mike lock

devin

H2 (me and Z were the only h4 cars so we ran H2) Saturday

Jimmy

BrianZ

Al L

sunday

BrianZ

Liam

Jimmy

I think my car pop'd a headgasket about half way through on sunday's race.

Brian, and liam we had a great battle, you guys are great racers!!!

H2 (me and Z were the only h4 cars so we ran H2) Saturday

Jimmy

BrianZ

Al L

Not sure why you guys gave me a break and ran H2. Keeps me in the H4 points battle in my absense!

Did you pull in, Jimmy. Or did the motor soften up?

temps just got up to 250 for a very short period of time. and then stayed around 230, took a closer look last night and still not sure. I am going to do a leak down test and see how that goes.

Only two H4 guys, What happened to Austin? How many people where in H2 and H1?

Did Andrie make it out?

I had my test first thing Sunday morning, so I wasn't able to make the Saturday race. Since there were only 3 H4 guys(including myself) on Sunday, we all ran H2, I believe that it was 6 people in H2, which includes the 3 H4 cars, though I can't confirm that yet since the mylaps data isn't up yet.

Andrie ran both Saturday and Sunday, he pulled in with the white flag on Sunday, and I didn't get the story with that one. He said that he's still working on dialing in the suspension, and the engine hasn't had enough development time, but he likes the TSX platform.

Graham ran a 1:48.7(?) in qualifying on Sunday, won pole to pole. Graham and Mike had quite a race on Saturday, Devin almost got taken out in T11 by a USTCC car, exactly how Dave Wright's car was totalled, he was lucky enough to swerve and miss being T-boned as the car went flying by him as they completely missing the turn. JohnA had bad luck on Saturday and the car is in need of a fair amount of TLC to make it track worthy again. Since I'm still new, I can't remember who it was that had their car taken out during the Friday testing, but they were hit by a Formula Mazda through 8, went off the wall a couple of times, backed into the tires...the car is a complete loss from what Graham told me, the red civic?

I passed my license test, qualified DFL in the group, which was about what I had expected with the current car development and simply ran the car around the track being passed by a lot of faster cars, and passing some of the Miatas, and Porsches. I was lapped by Graham with 2 laps to go, Mike with 1 lap to go, and Andy Hope in the Opak USTCC car on the checkered lap...all in the t11/12.

Brian, and liam we had a great battle, you guys are great racers!!!

Jimmy and Liam, Sunday’s race was a LOT of fun! Being in-between you two was a handful. I would try to make a pass on Liam and then check my mirror to see the whites of Jimmy's eyes. I swear Jimmy was connected to my rear bumper (I could not even see his hood most of the race). Then trying to get around Liam, man I tried every late brake and pass move (only thanks to traffic I got past). I blame you to for my soar neck today

Great H2 race guys! I had a blast, best race for me so far. Had to work my ass off to keep you two behind me, but you found your way around me a few times.

Brian Z had some good moves, I finally got stuck in traffic, but was cathcing up towards the end.

Jimmy, I have some great video of you, especially with that jerk in the mini, and your 4x4 excursion in T2, looked like you were completely in control

I'll post up my video tonight hopefully, Brian I got you and the mini in T7, wow, I think you may have rubbed tires...not sure

Also have a rear view camera from Graham's car. Has some great shots also. Super close of of Mike's Del Sol. Will post that later today

Yup, we need some more H2 races like that. Let's see what happend in Thunderhill, I think it would be blast if we can all race together.

The traffic was tough, and I needed to stay clean, and finish, so had to back off the risky passes.

Jimmy came out of nowhere on me in T7. I got stuck with a Mazda and missed a shift and Jimmy took full advantage, good for you.

I feel pretty good today, thought I would be sore, but I'm good. Was dead tired last night, but had to watch the in car's before hitting the sack!

Brian, let me know when you're video is up.

I hosted my sundays video up on google (sorry I cannot provide a link yet, its blocked at work). Should be able to find it under my google video user name h4racer.

Congrats to Graham in breaking another record. It must be the car!

Congrats to other winners as well.

as far for me, our main goal was to test and see where the car stacks up. We barely got the car done and didn't have any development time.

The car weigh in at 2764 empty tank with driver. I was able to do 1:52.4 during qualifying with full tank of gas. I think with more development time we should be able to fight for the win.