just have to pay the door fee..

I will be there.

and i will be doing anything i can so that this guy lets me hang in his trailer

just have to pay the door fee..

whats that?

Beer check

food check

energy drink check

The last bar of the cage went in last night. Now the details: net, mount mirror, prep and paint, figure out how to fit the dash back in... I signed up H4 just now.

Things are not looking good for me and Lenna either I am having some pretty bad brake issues and am trying but not sure I can get the rest of the stuff done to her car in time.

Things are not looking good for me and Lenna either I am having some pretty bad brake issues and am trying but not sure I can get the rest of the stuff done to her car in time.

what sort of brake issues are you having? Seems like you have lots of problems with those blingy Spoon calipers. Throw some stock ITR calipers and problems will be solved!

whats up with Lenna's car? You guys still trying to finish up the paint? Is everything mechcanical ready on the car?

Mike & Lenna,

I'd hate to see you both miss another weekend. Mike, if it's an issue with the calipers, I have a set of ITR calipers that I have sitting at the house that I could let you borrow for the weekend, I even have a set of rotors and Cobalt Spec VR pads(I used the rotors and pads together on the Type-R).

Austin

what sort of brake issues are you having? Seems like you have lots of problems with those blingy Spoon calipers. Throw some stock ITR calipers and problems will be solved!

I do think the problem is the calipers I believe I am getting really bad knockback. So I am going to replace them with stock ITR calipers and see if that fixes the problem.

(Austin thank you for the offer that is awesome man but I think I will go buy a set of rebuilt ones from autozone since I don't like borrowing things )

whats up with Lenna's car? You guys still trying to finish up the paint? Is everything mechcanical ready on the car?

Lenna's car is close I still need stickers and mount the radiator and the window nets and some other stuff. My concern with Lenna's car is it does not have a annual yet and I'm concerned of taking it all the way there (Which for this trip will mean two trucks and two trailers since mine is not finished being built yet) and her not being able to race if it does not pass the annual.

If you do your "self tech" at home, and have all the basic's covered i don't see why it wouldn't pass.

I don't see why Brian Zed wouldn't tech it at the track for you on friday or saturday morning.

For the brake issue, how are your rotors? what is the run-out on them? My dad had some serious issues last time out at Thunderhill, he pedal was vibrating really bad and had some serisouly pedal kickback and steering vibration.

We swapped out the rotors for a new set and now its PERFECT!

Check the runout in your rotors 1st before you change anything!

Your knockback issue also could be related to worn front wheels bearing, a common wear item in our hondas, should be serviced at least once a season in a racecar. Your fancy spoon calipers, since they are fixed, opposed piston will amplifiy the knockback symptom if you have a bad wheel bearing.

Rotors are in pretty bad shape have new ones to put on this week, as far as the wheel bearing they are new only about 7 track days on them I jacked the car up last night and shook the hell out the wheel and could not feel any movement in them is there any thing else I could do too check them?

Rotors are in pretty bad shape have new ones to put on this week, as far as the wheel bearing they are new only about 7 track days on them I jacked the car up last night and shook the hell out the wheel and could not feel any movement in them is there any thing else I could do too check them?

That might be your answer right there.

Here's what I always refer people to when they're having brake problems...just because most people think that they have warped rotors, but there is also some other good info.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/tech_white_papers.shtml

the knock back issue is bad, and pretty fehkn scary.

mike and lenna have some major balls for driving a car that has those knock back issues.

to compound on the issue. I highly doubt the issue is a bad bearing/hub. While i am not that intune with the spoon type calipers, i do know that a lot of the cars that run multi piston calipers, pumping the brake pedal into a big braking zone is SOP.

The pedal goes to the floor and is then right there on the next compression, and you STOP.

It scared the shit out of me the first time.

Oo and mike said it has done it since the car hit the track, i think.

Yeah it has done since I have taken it out but as I wear down the pads that are on there it seems it get worse I am guessing sine they have more room to move back.

Yeah it has done since I have taken it out but as I wear down the pads that are on there it seems it get worse I am guessing sine they have more room to move back.

yeah, sell those calipers. Our hub/bearing/knuckles were not designed to use opposed piston calipers, there is probably just too much flex in the system, flex that the floating caliper could absorb.

I might try replacing the master cylinder aswell...

I'd save your money. It isn't a MC, booster, pad, rotor, or any other issue. If it was it would be much much more repeatable.

I'd throw the ITR calipers on it and bring the spoon calipers up to T-hill.

RE: lenna's car

I don't see why the car wouldn't pass its annual. It has many log books.

Just make sure the kill switch works, cotter pins are in the harness, and all the padding is in place. If you need some i have some laying around.

After reading what Jimmy is saying, it sounds just like the article that Stoptech has about Pad Knockback, pumping the pedal becomes a necessity. The Sp00n calipers are all pimpy, but I never had any problems with the stock Type-R calipers on the 2,750lb itr on track, and I beat the ever living hell out of the brakes, you might be able to sell the Sp00n calipers for a good amount of $$.

yeah, sell those calipers. Our hub/bearing/knuckles were not designed to use opposed piston calipers, there is probably just too much flex in the system, flex that the floating caliper could absorb.

This, I disagree wholeheartedly.

This, I disagree wholeheartedly.

Why...? A floating caliper is less suseptable to knockback...right or wrong? Nearly all hondas were equipped from the factory with floating calipers, your beloved NSX is one of the very few, and I would wager the NSX knuckle is designed differently then our civic/integra knuckles.

Even cars equipped with opposed pistons calipers OEM are having major knockback problems when they see track use. 350z, and STI's are two that I have personally driven and the knockback is scarey! The pedal feel with the stock calipers is very good, why muddy the waters with parts not of OE design?

Here is what the two guys that race HondaChallenge and run the spoon calipers said I don't think they will mind me posting this here.

Spoon painted integra H2

hey yeah I run the Spoon calipers.

But your symtoms do not sound like from the calipers tho. if the pedal goes soft and came back again, it sounds more like master cylinder problem. if that's the case, you would NOT see any fluid leak, but the pedal pressure would still be very inconsistent.

Red Hatch H1

I've only had a deep pedal about 3/4 into my 40 min race, other then that they felt great. but this was only my first time out with them. I'll let you know if I notice anything like that. Have you checked your master cylinder? I'm on my 3rd one, 2 of them brand new ITR mc's,