• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• jason

• Boxer12

• ff2skip

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, lets force people to make their cars less safe... brilliant. Right as we're coming up on the date one year ago where NASA-MA lost a Time Trialer in a crash too.

What is it about a rollcage that makes a car more competitive do you think? Besides chassis stiffness I'm struggling to think of an advantage - tends to raise COG, etc. Maybe its time to step up your own prep level and game instead.....

You have an ACR Viper btw, thats so much more of a race car than what I drive You'll have to excuse my sarcasm but thats just the most misguided and ill thought out rules requests I've seen in a long time.

While the subject of this thread would get the OP kicked off of corner-carvers.com, at least he's smart enough to not drive a caged car on the streets.

And this may be the first time I agree with Trevor, but yeah, some Vipers need to learn to move over.

I can see not allowing Racers or Racers that aren't with the program and drive aggressive but just to ban racecars makes no sense. There are some people out there that have no experiece and are moving up the chain driving "racecars".

I got my butt handed to me several times this year by 'race cars' in my TT class. I have no problem with it. If the car is legal for the class, then it is legal. Just because a PT car wants to TT, so what.

I like the rabbit out there to chase sometimes.

Otherwise, I am going to have to put in a cage, and won't be able to drive my car on the street anymore. That would make me sad.

If I drove a viper without a cage and had a side impact crash at triple digit speeds during a TT, I think I would be more sad than if I was beaten by a "race" car.

I just finished putting in the second doorbar on each side into my caged "TT that has never seen a real w2w race" miata this weekend.

Racers that aren't with the program and drive aggressive

and there are already provisions in the rules to handle those instances

Yeah but they are never enforced, I really like how they ran Nationals this year I would love to see that done at the regional level.

Racers that aren't with the program and drive aggressive

and there are already provisions in the rules to handle those instances

Yeah but they are never enforced, I really like how they ran Nationals this year I would love to see that done at the regional level.

Where are you seeing what rules not enforced?

Back when I ran TT only I had several occasions where I was on a hot lap and a "racer in a race car" would make a pass and then throw their hand up causing me to check up because they were in a hurry to pass me so they could pit. It's like some of them just don't get what we are trying to do out there.

So I can see why some wouldn't want "racers" in TT, not sure what the car has to do with it. But honestly most of the racers I see in TT now are ex-TTers so I'm not thinking it's as big of an issue.

Back when I ran TT only I had several occasions where I was on a hot lap and a "racer in a race car" would make a pass and then throw their hand up causing me to check up because they were in a hurry to pass me so they could pit. It's like some of them just don't get what we are trying to do out there.

So I can see why some wouldn't want "racers" in TT, not sure what the car has to do with it. But honestly most of the racers I see in TT now are ex-TTers so I'm not thinking it's as big of an issue.

Hmmm, certainly inconsiderate.

• National Staff
Otherwise, I am going to have to put in a cage, and won't be able to drive my car on the street anymore. That would make me sad.

Put the cage in the Viper, both race it in ST1 and compete in TTU every weekend possible, and you will be happy again.

Put the cage in the Viper, both race it in ST1 and compete in TTU every weekend possible, and you will be happy again.

That's the best answer I've heard so far Jim. Besides, going 160 + mph w/out a cage is a little crazy imo.

smack your director upside the head the next time you see 'em

Bring yer ass to RA in Dec and do it yourself.

Just make sure I'm around to watch.

find me a money tree, its looking really iffy... esp since I splurged on a Traqmate recently, oops besides, Jeff is a good director - he should be, I taught him how

- KB, wondering how he's going to put his helmet over this inflated head now...

Simple logic, to get back to basics. If TTers need a cage, then there is no competitive event for 'street cars' at NASA.

There is nothing wrong with cages, except you can't drive your car on the street with one. You also can't bolt it on for the weekend (like tires).

Edited by Guest

Simple logic. If TTers need a cage, then there is no competitive event for 'street cars' at NASA.

really? Its not required and its hardly any performance advantage at all when taken as a whole. Why are you trying to force people to have unsafe TT cars?

Simple logic. If TTers need a cage, then there is no competitive event for 'street cars' at NASA.

really? Its not required and its hardly any performance advantage at all when taken as a whole. Why are you trying to force people to have unsafe TT cars?

If cars without cages are unsafe on the track, why let them compete at all?