C5 Z06 TTA Set Up for 2010

CShay6

Great, thanks for the info! I bought the shocks a couple of years ago before I got into TT, but I'm not that attached to them. Guess I get to go shopping again!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivinhardz06

• sperkins

• Varkwso

• kbrew8991

Great, thanks for the info! I bought the shocks a couple of years ago before I got into TT, but I'm not that attached to them. Guess I get to go shopping again!

I have a set. Interested in a trade?

those are the housings Penske re-valved right?

those are the housings Penske re-valved right?

Remote servo driver adjustable.

Just paint them black

• 2 weeks later...
Sort of on topic - it seems a 6 speed C5 non-Z51 car is a rare bird. It may be easier to make one then to find one.

I may know of a guy selling an '04, black, but it's since had a few Z06 pieces installed....

Sort of on topic - it seems a 6 speed C5 non-Z51 car is a rare bird. It may be easier to make one then to find one.

I may know of a guy selling an '04, black, but it's since had a few Z06 pieces installed....

Does he still have the the non-z51 springs. sways and shocks?

I have a couple of other questions about shocks - are the T1 shocks the same as the 2004 Z06 Sachs shocks? If not, which is better for track use and are the T1s considered a for-points or no-points mod? Anyone have part numbers? My car is lowered on stock bolts if that makes a difference.

I've decided to ditch the Bilsteins to get the points back and change tires from NT-01s to Hoosiers. My times are competitive so far in the Texas region, but there's an M3 I haven't been able to catch yet, so I'm hoping that will help make up the difference. Would an A6 or R6 be better for TT sessions? I'll have to run 275s all around.

I have a couple of other questions about shocks - are the T1 shocks the same as the 2004 Z06 Sachs shocks? If not, which is better for track use and are the T1s considered a for-points or no-points mod? Anyone have part numbers? My car is lowered on stock bolts if that makes a difference.

I've decided to ditch the Bilsteins to get the points back and change tires from NT-01s to Hoosiers. My times are competitive so far in the Texas region, but there's an M3 I haven't been able to catch yet, so I'm hoping that will help make up the difference. Would an A6 or R6 be better for TT sessions? I'll have to run 275s all around.

T1 shocks are points.

A or R are better then NT.

275As (9 pt) or 295 Rs (10 pt) in the dead summer texas heat.

A's are fast in heat when new, but that "new" goes away fast

they can be fast when aged, so long as it's fairly cool

if you go out and cook 'em good in the heat, they will never been the same after (BTDT).

04 shocks work pretty good.

I didn't realize that the A6 is a +13 and the R6 is a +10, so that makes the decision for me right there. So considering that, I'll run the R6 in 275s all around (-4) like I am now with the NT-01s for a total of +6. Ambient temp is likely to be pretty high for the remainder of the Texas region events, so if I finish well enough to go to Nationals then I'd just bring an extra set or start on new ones.

Anyone disagree that the 04 shocks & R6 combo will be quicker than my current Bilstein shocks & NT-01 combo?

Miller is smooth, don't need very fancy shocks there. Local Texas stuff... well, I think they're still using prehistoric paving techniques on some of these tracks

Miller is smooth, don't need very fancy shocks there. Local Texas stuff... well, I think they're still using prehistoric paving techniques on some of these tracks

Lol! Yeah that's a fact, even the newer ones leave something to be desired. Glad to hear Miller is smooth though!

Anyone disagree that the 04 shocks & R6 combo will be quicker than my current Bilstein shocks & NT-01 combo?

You should be faster on the R6s

What were the temps at nationals last year? (Sept in Utah)

• 2 months later...

For you C5Z06 guys,

Are you running your 275s As on stock Speedlines? 17 fronts and 18 rears? Or are you running 17s all the way around?

Has anyone tried and had any success at 275 Rs on the front and 295 Rs on the rear? I tend to have a heavy foot and have never had an understeer issue with my C5Z (current setup is 275/315 NT01s). I also don't have a CAI nor sways, so I have the points to play with.

Just trying to narrow down the choices on my set of wheels.

-Kevin

I have run 275/17's on 9.5" square (the first set I tried, mainly because my only avail wheels at the time were 17s), and since, 275/18 on the rear speedlines. Most of us run that now. The car is a bit more stable on the 10.5" wheels IMHO.

In a perfect world with tons of $$, I'd run 275/17's on 17x10" or 10.5" wheels just for the extra sidewall. But on a budget, the 18" speedlines are hard to beat in the price/weight ratio.

the 275 ho-ho's will fit on anything up to an 11" wheel.

Thanks for the info. Thought I might have to sneak over to your car at the next event with a tape measure or something, LOL.

Thanks for the info. Thought I might have to sneak over to your car at the next event with a tape measure or something, LOL.

Be careful. Last time I put a tape measure on his car, he stole my lug nuts and sent me out on track to chase a Ferrari.