TTF for Nationals? Where are you? We need 1 more person!!!

CWeber

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CWeber

• kbrew8991

• pasaunde

• neon982004

I had planned on classing my Miata in TTF/PTF next year, but if there isnt going to be one for Nationals...

We only need one more person for TTF THIS YEAR so please talk to anyone you know who was thinking about Nationals THIS year. This year is what determines next year and we are only 1 person away for TTF group running so please spread the word!!!!!

I'll fight like hell to get some entries together to keep the class going - don't give up

just find us one more person for TTF THIS year PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have to figure out logistics (Houston - MidO - Houston), but I could be talked making an MR2 or two availible.

I just plain don't have the money to go this year, been doing development work (car & driver) to make a no-excuses full-tilt effort next year. Which I could've done differently if it had been annouced early enough my classes were on the chopping block

Come on guys...anyone? This will be my first Championships and I already know Im going to get destroyed by the G20, but I at least want a chance! ONLY ONE MORE! Paging Lowell ....where are you!?

^ if you can Get Lowell to register with his SVT Focus, that would be a nice mix! Isn't this local for him anyway? Maybe talk to him in person at the MidO July GreatLakes event and see what you can do if you can't get to him through email/PM/these forums NOW?!?

Anyone else?

I tried to talk to Bill (other TTF person here in Midwest region) and he just isn't interested in Nationals this year for TTF because he wants to put his funds into w2w racing instead next year (can't really fault him for that)

SO we still need to find just ONE MORE PERSON PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Oh hey,

If anyone out there is 'on the fence' because of all the expenses, we might be able to offer a couch, cot or floor in our hotel room (just a thought anyway)

We have had our hotel booked since December last year for Wednesday through Sunday FWIW.

I've got my car offered for rent - hopefully a Texas region person will go for it, would be easy for them, good for me, good for the class (well, good for the people that didn't want to win [/smack talk]! )

Ouch...although it WOULD be thoroughly embarrassing to make that trip and get beat by a girl...is that why youre not coming?

$$$$$

My "old" TTF car went 1:48.797 at 2007 Nationals on Mid-Ohio Pro, and the new blue one is faster. If it gets beat, it gets beat - girl, guy, whoever. My goals for 2012 are to signifigantly outrun that time in TTF, and for PTF to string as many 1:48s or better as I can in the race that counts. If there's someone better, kudos to them

I was just giving you crap. My car dropped a lot of time on the club course in April. Will be interested to see what it can do on the pro course...and I have a special set of tires set aside for Nationals too

Mikes gonna blow my doors off so its all for fun! (One day Mike..I will find a way! ...and I count mechanicals as a win! )

no worries - it sounds funny but I really set my goals around "me" - improve every time out, set new personal bests, etc. That way I know I'm doing the best I can and if it results in a win then great, if not then I did all I could

Thats a good way to be. Im happy to go faster/learn a new track/get to drive even. Still frustrating to know how badly you can get beaten.

I just like to drive, and talk smack if I cant drive.

^ and I love watching Mike often get better times in a TTF car than some TTA cars or any other higher classes... hehe..

I especially love the great equalizer of RAIN when a TTF car can be in the #3 or #4 grid spot (those pesky AWD EVOs still do really well in the rain though.. haha)

$$$$$

My "old" TTF car went 1:48.797 at 2007 Nationals on Mid-Ohio Pro, and the new blue one is faster. If it gets beat, it gets beat - girl, guy, whoever. My goals for 2012 are to signifigantly outrun that time in TTF, and for PTF to string as many 1:48s or better as I can in the race that counts. If there's someone better, kudos to them

Geez... I wish the record would reflect that because right now it must just be the 'local' record when I look it up for the PRO course...

Time Trial F Allen Skillicorn MX6 1:49.444 08/18/07

found here:

http://www.nasagreatlakes.com/track_records/

Yeah, Allen out ran me pretty decently too - I was only 2nd that year. He had a 1:48.302. It was a really fun event though, each time out we'd both drop 3-4 tenths just from pushing each other to go faster.

Results link here:

http://www.nasachampionships.com/2007results.html

http://www.nasachampionships.com/pdf/Group%20G%20-%202007.htm

He was tons faster down the back stretch, but I could claw alot of it back from the braking zone at the end, through Madness, through Thunder Valley, to the front stretch. Was an interesting battle for sure

Edited by Guest

I havent heard either way. In April they ran Club Course. Figured theyd change configurations since the Championships is supposedly going to be Pro. Did you hear differently?

The entry site does say Club Course. Ill look into that further. Are you guys just coming for the Championships or to one or both of the events before then?

It almost makes sense to do just club course now to try to take away any prior possible 'advantage' before Nationals maybe?

I could be wrong though because I thought last year they 'mixed it up' with doing a pro course day????

Getting back on topic....

So who else can we get to join the TTF Nationals group?

If anyone has ideas, please post up or talk to your TTF friends!!!!!

$$$$$

Geez... I wish the record would reflect that because right now it must just be the 'local' record when I look it up for the PRO course...

Time Trial F Allen Skillicorn MX6 1:49.444 08/18/07

found here:

http://www.nasagreatlakes.com/track_records/

That is correct. The records on the Great Lakes page are only times set at a regional Great Lakes event and do not reflect Nationals. Mainly because they are the Great Lakes records and Nats is not a Great Lakes event....it is a National event.