• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Emmanuel B.

• Varkwso

• hhdinyuma

I actually have Friday and Monday off. Unfortunately, I'm committed to driving 400 miles into the great frozen North. I must be doing it wrong...

It would be fun to get togther somewhere warm this winter.

Interesting move with the weight gains. Can't say I'm for it, but can't say I'm against it.

To be honest, most people running these cars in TT right now are pretty advanced/experienced drivers and sure to be pretty quick. Heck, Jon Miller just got picked up to drive for Compass360 this season - whose track record at Sebring was later broken by circuitmstr.

My lap times are so low at Gingerman from tons of seat time there (after losing out at Nationals in 2012, I took my S2k to that Gingerman the day after nationals and laid down a lap time nearly 4 seconds faster than the TTC lap record for instance).

I understand why it was done, but let's be honest...there's more to it than just the cars.

1230 miles from Raleigh. If I didn't have to wait till March for my TT check ride, I'd join the adventure.

Just slip Jeff England a Jackson and he'll sign you off. It worked for me.

1230 miles from Raleigh. If I didn't have to wait till March for my TT check ride, I'd join the adventure.

I thought only African's were corrupt! Now I know.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought only African's were corrupt! Now I know.

Think Franklin, and we can talk.....

Why don't you make it out of the AUG to Barber first. And what's this I see about your vette? What happened to picking up a BRZ?

Why don't you make it out of the AUG to Barber first. And what's this I see about your vette? What happened to picking up a BRZ?

Still thinking about it, I have been on chainsaw duty last few days...

• 2 months later...

Who is planning on registering for nationals still?

We got a 34 page thread on TTD/PTD and only 7 TTD cars registered so far, only one being an FRS, and 3 PTD.

Get on it boys. Let's have an awesome race!

if you're complaining that 7 in a TT class for Nationals is "low" you may need to set more realisitic expectations. Especially since 7 makes it the second biggest TT class currently.

At any rate quality > quantity. For me its more about who shows up rather than how many.

Who is planning on registering for nationals still?

We got a 34 page thread on TTD/PTD and only 7 TTD cars registered so far, only one being an FRS, and 3 PTD.

Get on it boys. Let's have an awesome race!

Not racing nationals. Will be busy trying to make sure everything goes smoothly for everyone. You can thank me later.

Im fine with whatever in TTD. I just found it interesting that after all this discussion, only one frs is registered so far.

Obviously I would love some more PTD cars to compete against so we can have a good race

Im fine with whatever in TTD. I just found it interesting that after all this discussion, only one frs is registered so far.

Obviously I would love some more PTD cars to compete against so we can have a good race

My day job interferes with my prep time.

Car will be there and completed. Just won't have time to drive. Just make sure you don't lose to the one FR-S.noname%20%2811%29.jpg

plenty of time to prep

glad to see someone is actually building one for PT!

im not saying im worried about you FRS boys...

Wow, taking the plunge! Kudos!

I may be there for giggles, but the car will be pretty stock.

I chickened out from taking apart the new car, and am building an LS swapped 944 for ST3 for next year...

The twins will be a great race car, just need to depreciate a bit more.

Car will be there and completed. Just won't have time to drive. Just make sure you don't lose to the one FR-S.noname%20%2811%29.jpg

You going to let me drive it at CMP?

If I show up at CMP with the car, absolutely. Might miss CMP. Jess is still 8 days from her due date and the baby isn't acting like she'll be here early.

• 2 months later...
BRZ is in the fleet. Not sure when it will make it to track.

Just bring it in August. It'll be more fun that your vette!

Keep em coming. Another e36 m3 is joining TTD in South East. Car/driver should be a good competitor in short time.

• 2 months later...
Why isn't the FRS killing TTD?

Maybe because it is really a "C" car. While the car has done pretty well out West in TTD, it is at a pretty big disadvantage on the larger tracks like RA. The BOP adjustment hurt more than I realized and was very premature in my opinion since no actual dominating results had ever been posted anywhere. Oh well, the extra 110 Lb is likely here to stay forever! So a third place finish at NASA East Nationals and a regional championship here in AZ will be the swan song for my FRS as far as TTD goes.

The only advantage the twins have to close the gap on most competitors with average HP/TQ ratios is in the corners. The car is awesome on A6's and that was the equalizer on the tracks I have run on most of the time. NOW the A6 is gone. Replaced by the A7. A car prepped to the limit of TTD is automatically bumped to TTC if you want to use the only effective weapon available since the new tire carries a bonus point value of 22!, 9 points more than the A6. Now you are in the lower end of TTC with no practical way to make competitive HP in the higher class.

Add a supercharger and Dyno Reclass you say? Here is what I got: Max HP~221 - MIN Weight ~ 2905 - New Base Class - TTC. Seems a little unfair that I was slapped with a restriction of 13.14/1 WT/HP ratio when most of the other Dyno reclasses that I have seen are in the 12.75/1 range (TTC Minimim is 12.0/1). I think there is a little fear still that the twins will start to dominate and win everything in sight. This is only about 10 more HP than I can make with MAX N/A mods and is 20 lbs heavier. I can do much better without the reclass I think.

So for me, I am caging the car right after Sonoma and will run TTC/PTC next year. I plan to use A7's and just do the best I can to maximize the car's potential with the remaining points. Could have used aero mods, but the +22 point hit nixed that idea. I am hoping some of you guys that are on the fence about modding and classing your FRS/BRZ will do the same. Eric, once you drill the first hole it gets much easier!! EB, I will be at VIR and look forward to some FRS on FRS action!!

I really think that the reason the twins aren't dominating is that there just aren't enough of us running. Let's do something about that!!