Rules silly season - please read!

Al F.

It has been very difficult to recruit SN-95's and 4th gen camaro's for CMC, but they are willing to jump right into CMC-2.

I do understand that the series dynamics in Texas and the Mid-west are different than what we have here, and maybe even in CA.

New 4th gen Texas car. Started looking hard at CMC in 07 and would have bought a 3rd gen car if I hadn't found this one so cheap. I care more about the overall cost to go racing than make or model year. Will run where the car count and competition is.

One class, two classes, 2010, whatever, let's go racing.

BTW, I sent my comments to Al.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitchntx1548534714

• King Matt1548534716

• Glenn

• supermac

17x9 GM wheels are very plentiful. I have bought 8 wheels for under 500 bucks.

I might be selling them as I bought 6 HRE 17x9.5's as well. Now thinking:

Wing-$1000

Big brake upgrade-$2,500

Exhuast/dyno tuning-$500

One more set of HRE's-$2,000

What else do I need to beat Mitch?

Though with all this cost I just decided to call Riley Technologies and go Grand Sport racing in the Koni challenge next year.

Where are the 17/9 wheels that fit a 3rd gen with out spacers etc.

Where are the cheap and easy 13 inch brakes for a 3rd gen.

Am I not looking in the right places.

kyle

Help me understand ... why the phobia about wheel spacers?

If you do a little research, wheel spacers do more than correct the offset of the wheel to fit the car. A LOT more. Ask Mr. Jordan ...

Track width is your friend. If it helps you fit a cheaper/better/easier to find wheel on the car, that's a bonus.

I don't know what you consider cheap and easy, but I have been told you can fit the C5 Corvette calipers and 13-inch rotors on a 3G. It probably requires at least a custom bracket for the caliper.

If you do a little research, wheel spacers do more than correct the offset of the wheel to fit the car. A LOT more. Ask Mr. Jordan ...

Mitch,

I don't know what your talking about. My Fox can't compete and wheel spacers are bad.

JJ

I love my wheel spacers.

I like Mitch. (in a strictly manly way)

I have been mean and callous towards others and I am sorry.

I am going AI cause my head hurts and cause Raybob yelled at me!

I am outta here!

Peace out!

Much Love for the CMC crowd

No phobia. not my first rodeo. Just being pissed over all of the little extra costs.

kyle

kinda wondering why there is a need to change anything... cmc was supposed to be a kinda bang for the buck class.. i someone wants to go buy a new 2005+ mustang... they are already spending more money that what should be run in a cmc class.. i think the only real thing that needs to be changed is 17in wheels and 13in brakes.. everything else was working just fine... thats my two cents

Further discussion about the rules and impending and probable changes is futile. This is a veiled attempt at letting us, you know the customers, feel that CMC management is a caring and sensitive crew, trying to stay "in touch" with the little people.

Bullshit!

We, the people, are just pawns in this rules game. OUr entry fee is the prime consideration. This is a prime example of how corporate America works. Thing Congress will bail CMC out?

We can talk and make valid points. The bottom line is, the management of CMC has made up their minds and we can either like it or go some where else.

Let them eat cake.

Catch me if you can

Catch me if you can

Woo hoo... big dog is coming! It'll all work out and we'll have fun racing.

TT would be too boring for this crew.

I guess we could add an MMA sub-event at Nationals; a little East/West/Texas fight to the finish tourney, the RM guys can officiate and run the alcohol concessions.

Catch me if you can

Woo hoo... big dog is coming!

Maybe I ain't talkin' 'bout on-track antics ...

You have way too much respect for the other drivers for that kind of crap, even if just to prove a point. I'm sure some will and others already are but not Mitch.

JJ

Mitch,

If you knew what I was doing right now you would probably have a heart attack.....stay tuned for a update on where CMC is going on Monday morning.

Your directors are working their asses off to help the customers..I promise you that...went to bed at 1am working on CMC stuff.

No more info, but check Monday.

Tony Guaglione

Mitch,

If you knew what I was doing right now you would probably have a heart attack.....stay tuned for a update on where CMC is going on Monday morning.

Your directors are working their asses off to help the customers..I promise you that...went to bed at 1am working on CMC stuff.

No more info, but check Monday.

Tony Guaglione

Tony, if it's truly listening to what the end user has to say and get out of the 4 walls that makes up the bulk of CMC management, then I'll truly be surprised and rejuvenated.

Right now ... today ... I'm ready to take my one green flag lap and move on to something else. Riding quads in the mountains of Colorado with my wife sounds like a helluva good time compared to this mess. And from the PMs I got after my rant above, I don't think I'm alone. I'm just willing to put it out there.

I have wasted so much breath in saying that there is a huge base of talent out there that you and your circle of brothers just don't tap, proclaiming "you don't get it".

I say again ... we DO get it. We want the exact same thing ... close, affordable racing. It gets no simpler than that.

Your way is A way and not necessarily THE way.

Writing rules to keep us from ourselves is being "dad" to the whole group and I find it offensive and degrading. Stoopid people will spend stoopid money. And if I'm stoopid, well so be it. You can't legislate people from being a lemming.

It's time to turn back the clock and make CMC what it was that made it so great ... affordable, close racing. Too many bullshit rules and too many egos digging their heels because of their ego is killing this series. Read these posts. People are pissed because this is not what WE want.

The manager in you might say that can't be done ... too much has been done. It's never too late to do the right thing ... NEVER.

I'm not running for president or trying to win a popularity contest. far from it ... it's personal, now.

I'm one pissed off son of a bitch and just tired of taking it. I'm too old to be dealing with this bullshit. I only have a few good years remaining. Don't fuck it up.

... cmc was supposed to be a kinda bang for the buck class.. i someone wants to go buy a new 2005+ mustang... they are already spending more money that what should be run in a cmc class..

Yep.

OUr entry fee is the prime consideration.

They forgot how many hours $329 per weekend takes.

• Members

Mitch, I'm sorry, but I have to cry foul here. You cant pick and choose the goal you like most today: simple rules, cheap racing, close racing, nothing to protect you form yourself...you have to see the conflict in these goals!

Which is it young feller, you want us to freeze or git down on the ground? If'n I freeze, I cant rightly drop. And if'n I drop, I'm a gonna be in motion.