Pie in the sky rule change requests - 2012

jason

Are we over the FI Miata lb/hp penalty yet? I'm getting tired of pulling BMWs and Mustangs out of corners and and getting bus lenghts put on me by cars in the same class.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Varkwso

• TurboShortBus

• drivinhardz06

Acceleration or top speed? I do not think the curves exist for your examples. Remember TQ and hp cross.at the constant. 5252 I think

Either accel or top speed. Well, either once you are in the upper rev range - technically the torquey motor would be better off the line, but we don't do standing starts in TT. That's why torque ft-lb numbers aren't relevant in road racing.

Let's look at it from another angle. From physics 101, work=force*distance. Power is work per time. Therefore power is also force*distance/time. Distance per time is simply speed. So, below is the simplest equation you will ever see that you can use to calculated the acceleration of a car:

(Force accelerating car) = (Current whp)/(Vehicle speed) (with proper unit conversions of course)

It is that simple. If you know what your whp is at whatever rpm you're at and you know the vehicle speed, you can easily determine the drive force on the car at the wheels. Notice how torque is not present in this equation.

Acceleration or top speed? I do not think the curves exist for your examples. Remember TQ and hp cross.at the constant. 5252 I think

Either accel or top speed. Well, either once you are in the upper rev range - technically the torquey motor would be better off the line, but we don't do standing starts in TT. That's why torque ft-lb numbers aren't relevant in road racing.

Let's look at it from another angle. From physics 101, work=force*distance. Power is work per time. Therefore power is also force*distance/time. Distance per time is simply speed. So, below is the simplest equation you will ever see that you can use to calculated the acceleration of a car:

(Force accelerating car) = (Current whp)/(Vehicle speed) (with proper unit conversions of course)

It is that simple. If you know what your whp is at whatever rpm you're at and you know the vehicle speed, you can easily determine the drive force on

the car at the wheels. Notice how torque is not present in this equation.

Yes. Those do look like freshman calculations.

That's why torque ft-lb numbers aren't relevant in road racing.

They are in the rpm range that you're engine will be operating in. (which should be a very narrow band unless your transmission ratios really suck)

nu-uh!

uh-hu!

nu-uh!

un-hu!

sounds like a buncha bickering 6 year olds

(KB, who just send in his 6 real actual serious grown up big boy pants suggestions via email to Greg)

Other than that just make sure your bar isn't hitting something causing the links to fail.

Dont want to speak for Vinny, but Im pretty sure that is his issue (as well as mine).

I propose that license plate frames and air fresheners are added to the free mods list.

Florida.

Judging from the direction of this thread...someone was going to mention this eventually..

• Members
I guess technically you could consider those items ballast... so go for it

Not in (ptttth) Florida. Thems "racing mods".

if we let Mark decide points/no points and the amount of said points every car will be in TTR or more stock than my TTF/PTF mobile

Except that Mustangs will be exempt from GPS and dyno testing and can run in any class they want and will automatically win even if they have slow times! Unless, of course, Mustangs are banned...

Mark

nu-uh!

uh-hu!

nu-uh!

un-hu!

(KB, who just send in his 6 real actual serious grown up big boy pants suggestions via email to Greg)

ROFLMAO. I have read to many of your posts to believe you have graduated from toddlers to training pants much less big boy pants

Peter

nu-uh!

uh-hu!

nu-uh!

un-hu!

Wait till all the 6 year olds want to jump on the sparkle pony.