• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Varkwso

• TurboShortBus

• drivinhardz06

^ WG?

I got all of 'em except that one

I highly doubt Road America would ever happen since SCCA runnoffs are there already I sure wouldn't mind the short commute there though!

Watkins Glen

No love for Sebring...

Isn't it still hot as hell in September in Austin though?

Turbo car owners won't be happy.. lol

Most days will have highs under 100* by that time

KB - "Snow? What's that?"

PS - If its at Watkins, have fun with that (and the low turnouts). Way too far away from everyone but the northeast.

I'd be as excited to go to hot and humid Austin in September as I would be to visit Phoenix again in September (NO THANKS!).

Watkins Glenn... always wanted to check that place out but that is a LLLOOOONG haul

Road Atlanta sounds interesting but I doubt any of us have any say in that... then again, this whole thread started out as 'pie in the sky' so why not talk about it....

What is wrong with Autobahn Country club while we are talking about it!? They HAVE hosted several pro races already on the south track and I personally like it better than MidOhio (but that might just be me being biased.. lol). I just like a more technical track I guess.

NASA-TX can (and we did) sell out a TT event at MSR Cresson and had a wait list so long we rented the other half of the track so everyone could run ($$$). I wouldn't expect people from CA, NY, etc to tow there for Nationals though. That's the point I'm making - you need a bucket-list type track to add to the draw. Otherwise its just a more expensive regular old club weekend with a slightly bigger trophy. Whee....

I get the whole 'big track' thing... and it would make sense in that respect to do any of the famous tracks out there..

Tracks I'd still like to check out but have never driven include: (no, I can't spell...)

Leguna Seca

Road Atlanta

Watkins Glenn

Seibring

VIR

Farther down the list but still on the 'interested' list include:

Willow

Barber

Infinion (or whatever it is called now)

Road America doesn't do all that much for me either.. it is more of a brute force HP track and not as many challenging turns. The 'Kink' has a pucker factor even in a miata doing 110mph BUT to me the track as a whole isn't all that exciting in a Miata... It is much more of a woot in a Z06 Corvette though (thus my analogy of it being a favorable to higher HP type track).

My favorite track around is Grattan BUT I fully realize that is a 'never even going to be on the radar' for Nationals and that is just how it is!

Road America doesn't do all that much for me either.. it is more of a brute force HP track and not as many challenging turns. The 'Kink' has a pucker factor even in a miata doing 110mph BUT to me the track as a whole isn't all that exciting in a Miata... It is much more of a woot in a Z06 Corvette though (thus my analogy of it being a favorable to higher HP type track).

My favorite track around is Grattan BUT I fully realize that is a 'never even going to be on the radar' for Nationals and that is just how it is!

Funny you say that about Grattan given that you don't like Mid-Ohio, I've always called it the little brother of Mid-Ohio. It has the blind turns, mini keyhole, the esses and an inverted madness.

I can agree with you about Road America. It is mostly 90 degree turns with 3 straights and a carousel; Mid-Ohio is certainly a more engaging track to drive. Your gas/brake/rotor/tire bill will be double at Road America too. It eats the Hoosier A6's.

Can we rekindle the endlink discussion?

this thread is for non-serious discussions only

(I've got some good ideas for example wordings of the purposed free mod to submit to Greg. After that it's up to him.)

Mid-OH an autox track.....what autox parking lots are you talking about? Cmon.

T1 and T11 (pro course) are great turns and hardly considered autox turns. I think Mid-OH is one of the most technically challenging tracks out there. Also it's a great equalizer when there are high and low hp cars in the same class.

At Road America HP is KING!

If we're going to Road America for Nationals I'm buying an MX6/Probe for TTF/PTF - and I hate hate hate FWD

LOL

Ironic how a little 'ole G20 just eliminated the MX6 former Track record in TTF there less than 2 weeks ago

okay

no worries here

we are confident that the TTF cars are ranked fairly enough, even a TTF v6 MX6 is ranked fairly when you get to the hp to weight ratio IMHO.. and that is what it is ultimately all about..

driver skill

bummer they don't have a 'fun day' last day at Nationals were people swap cars to see if they can get better times than the actual owner.. I always thought doing something like that in TT could be fun!

I want to see what a TTA driver could do in our TTF car and what a TTF driver could do in a TTA car for example (IE, have 1st place people swap, 2nd place people swap, etc.) what would happen? How fun would it be if a TTA driver drove faster in that TTF car than the TTF owner?

...but hey,it is all pie in the sky, right?

Even in this ruleset there are still better horses for certain courses than others. Its all about if a particular track exposes your cars particular warts and if so to what degree as compared to your competition

Car swap would be fun. Dibs on swapping with Danny Popp, Mike Skeen, or someone of that caliber. I'm ok with getting beaten in my own car so long as I can get the data from it to see what I can do better

Mid-OH an autox track.....what autox parking lots are you talking about? Cmon.

Now that you mention it, Nashville Superspeedway parking lot, TN Region of the S**A. 3rd gear in Z06's, same as Mid-O except the backstraight.

Ken if you sponsor me you can drive my car at Road America... according to Paul I'm very good with it in a straight line

My first car was a '95 Probe GT... nice rides

Car swap would be fun. Dibs on swapping with Danny Popp, Mike Skeen, or someone of that caliber. I'm ok with getting beaten in my own car so long as I can get the data from it to see what I can do better

lol

no 'dibs' allowed..

to be fair, it has to be 1st for 1st swap, 2nd for 2nd swap, etc.

I think a lot of us could learn from each other actually... and I wonder how much it would change things the following year...

Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca or Infineon Raceway (aka Sears Point) would be on the top of my list. Infineon is probably the better venue for a National event. You need a good balance of HP and handling. Laguna is lots of HP and brakes

T1 and T11 (pro course) are great turns and hardly considered autox turns. I think Mid-OH is one of the most technically challenging tracks out there.

It was a very tough track to learn (for me, but I am a slow learner) and technically challenging, but it had zero thrill factor. There are no "they are gonna haul me out with a stretcher if it goes wrong" corners there.